r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.5

The assets directory is pretty old most of the stuff in that we are already using or plan to use at some stage. If im not mistake the models for the fish and fishing pole came from epoch with full permission.

Ah, so it's not indicative of a coming feature update to epoch. Bummer!

I might dig in and see how hard it would be to add traders to 1.8.5 then.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this, by the way.

We have nothing to do with epoch at all.

Would I be correct in thinking that the new vehicle spawn system will not work on other maps than Chernarus until we create entries for the vehicles_location table?

Would I be correct in thinking that the new vehicle spawn system will not work on other maps than Chernarus until we create entries for the vehicles_location table?

Pretty much.

I managed to infect my friend with a water bottle that I filled from a well, which I wasn't aware was possible. Now he's mad. :D

I was under the impression that water from a well was always safe, and only pond water required boiling, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Is boiling all water prior to consuming the only way to have 0% chance of infection or... ?

• Like 1

water from wells is only 100% safe if you use a tin can to drink straight from the well. water bottle has something like 30% chance of infecting if it has not been boiled.

Yea might need to look at that system seems a little strange.

Just an update

Ok so we plan to try and release a dev build some point this weekend. 

• Like 2

I might dig in and see how hard it would be to add traders to 1.8.5 then.

Why?!  :huh:

If you want traders, surely just use Epoch?

things you do when you are pissed off at being held prisoner in base by my locked gate eh lol

I know :-( 

• Like 1

WOw I have been away from Dayz for sometime, I saw this update and I am hooked now; great work on this by the way, I am just wondering if there are instructions to set up a local server to try it out?

I downloaded all server files but I don't see any instructions, Could you please point towards one? perhaps on this site or somewhere else? if there is a server tool i can use too would be appreciate it.?

I have all the server files ready in a server and am about to download xmap and set up a local SQL server, but would appreciate some guideline here anyone?

water from wells is only 100% safe if you use a tin can to drink straight from the well. water bottle has something like 30% chance of infecting if it has not been boiled.

You can also drink directly from the well (using the scroll menu) and it's 100% safe. You do have to boil all the bottled water to be 100% safe as well.

pretty sure you can get infection by drinking directly from well, using empty tin can is safe though. Makes sense, like putting your mouth around a tap in a public bathroom really isn't it lol

Just an update we are still waiting for someone to push the button to release the dev build.

After many hours on 1.8.5, I personally feel the food & thirst levels are absolutely fine.

• Like 2

After many hours on 1.8.5, I personally feel the food & thirst levels are absolutely fine.

k thanks for the feedback

DevBuild. Dev-6f2e9bd

Can now be found on steam.

1. In steam right click dayzmod select properties
  2. Select tab Beta
  3. In the drop down box select development! - Public dev branch
  4. Press close

Now wait till steam updates the files then play :-)

pretty sure you can get infection by drinking directly from well, using empty tin can is safe though. Makes sense, like putting your mouth around a tap in a public bathroom really isn't it lol

I never got infected by drinking directly from the well. And I play that game a lot!

R4Z0R49, what humanity bug will be fixed in 1.8.6?

[Fixed] - Humanity bug.

Thank you for the answer!

Edited by VidKo

I never got infected by drinking directly from the well. And I play that game a lot!

R4Z0R49, what humanity bug will be fixed in 1.8.6?

Thank you for the answer!

- Fixed losing humanity when killing skinned players

- Fixed losing humanity when killing bandits

• Like 1

Hi, noticed that the new change log for 1.8.6 doesn't have the fixed splints in the list but in another thread you said it was fixed next patch Razor?

Been awhile since I posted anything on the forums, been busy. Also lost my 180 day survivor. May his soul rest in peace.

Anyways, this update is fantastic.

Here's what I'd like to see in the future.

• Higher temp = more thirsty due to heat. Lower temp = more hungry for calories lost from trying to stay warm.
  • With matches having a count, water bottle should have uses and should quench thirst partially to ration it out more. Same with food maybe?
  • Fireplaces should die out much faster during rain.
  • Traps working on zombies (Bear trap, tripwires)
Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

Been awhile since I posted anything on the forums, been busy. Also lost my 180 day survivor. May his soul rest in peace.

Anyways, this update is fantastic.

Here's what I'd like to see in the future.

• Higher temp = more thirsty due to heat. Lower temp = more hungry for calories lost from trying to stay warm.
  • With matches having a count, water bottle should have uses and should quench thirst partially to ration it out more. Same with food maybe?
  • Fireplaces should die out much faster during rain.
  • Traps working on zombies (Bear trap, tripwires)

1, This is the end plan for the temp system.

2, Matches and food,water are very different having to keep reloading your ui to keep using water is a bit silly so no i don't think this is a good idea for items like food and water. It just adds more unnecessary loading/unloading of the gear menu. 

3, This is something we could do

4, Lets get them working again properly first :-)

• Like 1