hoog

Hand Held Backpacks.

I was just wondering with the inventory matrix in build.56 whether us players will be able to carry a backpack in our hands. I dont know why we cant already like if it is a bug or you guys just havnt implemented it yet. We need this for carrying our loot sooner rather than later :P

Edited by Hoog
  • Like 3

I agree

also - If you make a bag from animal skin and rope fill it with meat, you should be able to carry that in your hands

This. You'll be able to at some point I'm certain, but they want to make sure it's a pain in the ass so you won't go running across the map with it like you would a second primary weapon.

• Like 3

I don't expect anything to change in the short term. However, once the new character controller is implemented, this should open up many new options for the devs to work with, such as simultaneously holding a different item in each hand.

Well i am just guestimating that when barrels are implimented you should be able to carry a backpack which it roughly 1/4 or less the weight of it. Also i hope there comes a time when you can carry a certain amount of items in rolled up tents, maybe they can have about 30 slots or something around that area. But i hope backpacks come sooner rather than later.

Try it, it will exaust you. :) Never the less it will be come handy. Thumbs up.

And dont forget the Burlapsack, i am tired of them lying around only to blindfold people. We should be able to put things in a sack. That is what tey are made for!^Damed!

Try it, it will exaust you. :) Never the less it will be come handy. Thumbs up.

And dont forget the Burlapsack, i am tired of them lying around only to blindfold people. We should be able to put things in a sack. That is what tey are made for!^Damed!

Burlap sacks can be crafted into improvised courier bags, which in turn can be crafted into improvised backpacks.

Rope + burlap sack = 4x3 courier bag

Courier bag + sticks = 4x5 backpack

But with the amount of better backpacks lying around, this is usually just a very temporary storage. 

Also they can be used to create strips for ghillie suits.

I ... don't really know why you would want to carry a backpack in your hands. You have a perfectly-usable .... back to carry said backpack with. Not besides that carrying such a weight in your hands would be tiring and uncomfortable.

If it is for "carrying more loot", that really isn't needed. I can carry everything I need to survive in the "Improved Courier Bag". 

Instead, I would like to see things lashed/suspended from the outside of backpacks. In reality, I wouldn't put a cooking pot inside of my pack. It would be tied to the outside, with my sleeping and cooking equipment inside. Or, attach some MOLLE pouches and such.

P1040007.JPG

I ... don't really know why you would want to carry a backpack in your hands. You have a perfectly-usable .... back to carry said backpack with. Not besides that carrying such a weight in your hands would be tiring and uncomfortable.

If it is for "carrying more loot", that really isn't needed. I can carry everything I need to survive in the "Improved Courier Bag". 

Instead, I would like to see things lashed/suspended from the outside of backpacks. In reality, I wouldn't put a cooking pot inside of my pack. It would be tied to the outside, with my sleeping and cooking equipment inside. Or, attach some MOLLE pouches and such.

P1040007.JPG

Or both. Both would be nice. Have a cooking pot or whatever on the outside of your bag while you hold another in your hands. You being able to carry everything you need in a courier bag and carrying a bag being uncomfortable aren't reasons not to include a feature. I'm sure that when a stamina system is in place carrying anything in your hands (a barrel, for example) will contribute to the carry weight.

I would prefer a Schubkarre or a Bollerwagen too but i think they never gona happen, just like the mofa.

Sometimes it is just about bringing a friend a thing so he dont need to run so much.

Burlap sacks can be crafted into improvised courier bags, which in turn can be crafted into improvised backpacks.

Rope + burlap sack = 4x3 courier bag

Courier bag + sticks = 4x5 backpack

But with the amount of better backpacks lying around, this is usually just a very temporary storage. 

Also they can be used to create strips for ghillie suits.

But they don't work as a burlap sack. Just make them hold eight slots and can only be held in hands.  Not being able to use a burlap sack, as a burlap sack=FAIL.

• Like 1

Can I carry a briefcase in my hands instead?

I'm not sure why but the thought of running around Chernarus with a briefcase makes me chuckle :)

Can I carry a briefcase in my hands instead?

I'm not sure why but the thought of running around Chernarus with a briefcase makes me chuckle :)

Only if its filled with zucchinis.

Oh and if we have briefcases then we also need suits. And sunglasses and neurolizers.

:D