Sign in to follow this  
hemmo

Falling of a ladder, died, respawed, went back, nothing remains

While climbing up a ladder at a green look outpost @ an airfield, i accidentally felt off and died. Bad luck, can happen. So i re-spawned, went back to the place and to my shock, nothing remained. I couldn't find anything back. No single piece of clothes, backpack ect ect. Has this happened before to a player? Could this be a bug?

Maybe the server cleaned up your body?

Yeah i would assume that too, but than should my backpack be there?

if it took more than ten minutes for you to get back there then your body would have despawned.

The gear, if it was stripped off, may have lasted longer (backpack certainly) but if you're on your own you need to get back within 10 minutes to salvage anything.

• Like 2

if it took more than ten minutes for you to get back there then your body would have despawned.

The gear, if it was stripped off, may have lasted longer (backpack certainly) but if you're on your own you need to get back within 10 minutes to salvage anything.

Thank you for your response! The gear, everything is gone. Including the backpack. So i found that a bit odd. I could imaging that if i fall off a ladder with my backpack and gear on me, it could been seen as attachments to my body and it would despawn as you said :(

Hang on tighter or don't climb ladders SNIPER! There's nothing up there for you anyway with Legacy loot.54 , Every time a Sniper Dies a angel gets it's wings... Good For you.

Mabey on the one and only perfect loot system they tossed out the window, I can see it , because stuff spawned anywhere..But The 4 servers that had no loot put a stop to my Utopia ..and a long story short , I hope you find that SVD on a 4 ladder climb tower, But not with this Horrid legacy patch , And are they Fixing any of this by the way ?  All i hear is a about Experimental.. How about .55 SIR ^$#% Your Experimental..

Edited by LoveAffair

If you die and your body despawns you backpack still remains.  I have found several.

What likely happened is somebody came across your back pack and took it.  They may have not had one or else moved it to a remote location to use as a backpack depot.

• Like 1

Your body definatley despawned

If you die and your body despawns you backpack still remains. I have found several.

What likely happened is somebody came across your back pack and took it. They may have not had one or else moved it to a remote location to use as a backpack depot.

Since when does your body de spawn but not the gear without having another player strip it off of you? Never seen it happen like this in standalone, was this in a dev log or change notes, or are you possibly mistaking when players load up random backpacks with junk in lootsplosion areas??

No point running back to your body if it's more than 10 minutes away. Everything that was on your body will be gone with your body. You need a friend to take all your stuff and put it on the floor.

Or you get a lucky spawn near your body.

If you die and your body despawns you backpack still remains.  I have found several.

What likely happened is somebody came across your back pack and took it.  They may have not had one or else moved it to a remote location to use as a backpack depot.

if noone takes the backpack off the body it WILL NOT REMAIN after 8-10 mins. everything goes poof.

• Like 1

Since when does your body de spawn but not the gear without having another player strip it off of you? Never seen it happen like this in standalone, was this in a dev log or change notes, or are you possibly mistaking when players load up random backpacks with junk in lootsplosion areas??

Nope, had this happen myself.  Killed someone on a road in an undisclosed location.  His body disappeared but his backpack stayed, floating in the air slightly at the level it would have been had his body still been lying under it.

Now, my friend and I were looting stuff out of his backpack, so it is possible that we triggered some sort of persistence on it because we entered the inventory.  Eventually, we moved it to a bushy area and still use it and a few others in the area as backpack depots for our stuff.  But for whatever reason, body went away and backpack stayed.

Nope, had this happen myself. Killed someone on a road in an undisclosed location. His body disappeared but his backpack stayed, floating in the air slightly at the level it would have been had his body still been lying under it.

Now, my friend and I were looting stuff out of his backpack, so it is possible that we triggered some sort of persistence on it because we entered the inventory. Eventually, we moved it to a bushy area and still use it and a few others in the area as backpack depots for our stuff. But for whatever reason, body went away and backpack stayed.

Most likely because you triggered the persistence by going into inventory like you said , I really can't wait until persistence is figured out fully , I need to see dead bodies littered about to make this apocalypse feel real !

• Like 1

Scanned and not sure anyone suggested it but someone could have come across your dead corpse, looted it, and then hid it.

The backpack only remains if a player took it off the body. A dead unlooted body will disappear alongside all the gear it is carrying after 10 minutes.

The backpack only remains if a player took it off the body. A dead unlooted body will disappear alongside all the gear it is carrying after 10 minutes.

This suck if you ask me. Is it suppose to be like that also in the future?

Correct me if i'm wrong but in the past (especially in the arma 2 mod) i could hear flyes and find a lot of dead bodies.

Correct me if i'm wrong but in the past (especially in the arma 2 mod) i could hear flyes and find a lot of dead bodies.

Heard flies the other day, and found a backpack with some stuff in it nearby. More often you can find bodies, but won't hear any flies.

How long did it take to get back to your body?

Scanned and not sure anyone suggested it but someone could have come across your dead corpse, looted it, and then hid it.

Pretty much this

• Like 1

My thoughts on this :

"GOOD" U should never be able to run back and loot your own corpse....

• Like 1

This is how it worked in the mod/ArmA 2.

In SA I think they decided to just have bodies despawn after 10 minutes because of server load issue. I'm assuming when it came down to deciding whether we had loot, zombies, or dead bodies, they decided to forgo the last one.

While climbing up a ladder at a green look outpost @ an airfield, i accidentally felt off and died. Bad luck, can happen. So i re-spawned, went back to the place and to my shock, nothing remained. I couldn't find anything back. No single piece of clothes, backpack ect ect. Has this happened before to a player? Could this be a bug?

You got 10 minutes to get back to your gear it your body despawns. ATM the time is placeholder.

This is how it worked in the mod/ArmA 2.

In SA I think they decided to just have bodies despawn after 10 minutes because of server load issue. I'm assuming when it came down to deciding whether we had loot, zombies, or dead bodies, they decided to forgo the last one.

Thx for the reply m8, and well, seems a good change to have a more stable experience.

See you!!!