Sign in to follow this  
Tatanko

The Cities of Chernarus in Pictures

Hello everyone!

As I embark on another journey to create fresh screenshots for the Locations section of the wiki, I thought I would highlight the larger cities here in the Gallery as their own series. My goal is to capture the feel of each city in a way that will make you feel as though you're touring it yourself. I'll try and post a new city every few days as I have the time to roam around. Enjoy :)

Part 1: Berezino

Part 2: Chernogorsk

Part 3: Elektrozavodsk

Part 4: Novaya Petrovka

Part 5: Novodmitrovsk

Part 6: Severograd

Part 7: Svetlojarsk

Part 8: Zelenogorsk

Bonus Round: Chapaevsk

Our first stop is the killing grounds of Berezino:

http://imgur.com/a/mEOaG

Y0qxF1Q.jpg

BfDH1Gu.jpg

jWnY8He.jpg

8ewsZTJ.jpg

xISZOYH.jpg

X5mmISK.jpg

SXLSjAg.jpg

ZPwzyBY.jpg

5pBUbSs.jpg

5iKIpRA.jpg

gfoD4xt.jpg

SOlHXss.jpg

iEdgQNT.jpg

H5zzvNG.jpg

3Wqz5tP.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 12

Good job. Also, why does your game looks so much colorfull? Do you use SweetFX? :)

Good job. Also, why does your game looks so much colorfull? Do you use SweetFX? :)

Thanks! No add-ons or effects here. 100% raw screenshot JPEGs. I will say this: I keep my gamma down around 20%.

Thanks! No add-ons or effects here. 100% raw screenshot JPEGs. I will say this: I keep my gamma down around 20%.

what kind of video settings are you running for it to look like that? (besides the gamma obviously lol)

Some of those pics would make perfect, "Welcome to fabulous Berezino" picture post cards.

Good job!

what kind of video settings are you running for it to look like that? (besides the gamma obviously lol)

Everything is turned up as high as it can go, with a few exceptions. My postprocessing is usually either very low or turned off entirely and shadows are usually turned down to a lower setting as well. Gamma is ~20%, and brightness is ~80%. The key to producing good color is adjusting your position so that the sun is either to your back or far to your side; if you look in the direction of the sun or at a right angle to it, things will tend to look darker and less colorful.

Some of those pics would make perfect, "Welcome to fabulous Berezino" picture post cards.

Good job!

Agreed! Thank you :) I reeeeaallly need to learn more about image editing to play around with these things. I basically know nothing :(

• Like 1

Everything is turned up as high as it can go, with a few exceptions. My postprocessing is usually either very low or turned off entirely and shadows are usually turned down to a lower setting as well. Gamma is ~20%, and brightness is ~80%. The key to producing good color is adjusting your position so that the sun is either to your back or far to your side; if you look in the direction of the sun or at a right angle to it, things will tend to look darker and less colorful.

Agreed! Thank you :) I reeeeaallly need to learn more about image editing to play around with these things. I basically know nothing :(

I couldn't compose a good shot if my life depended on it, but I know it when I see it. You definitely have an eye for this.

• Like 1

These really are fantastic, I look forward to the other cities, particularly in the north. Some of the new towns and cities are really impressive.

These really are fantastic, I look forward to the other cities, particularly in the north. Some of the new towns and cities are really impressive.

Thanks! I'm only planning on doing the major cities to begin with, but if there is enough interest I may do some of the more unique/important smaller towns as well. I have a soft spot for Krasnoe and Tisy ;)

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm only planning on doing the major cities to begin with, but if there is enough interest I may do some of the more unique/important smaller towns as well. I have a soft spot for Krasnoe and Tisy ;)

Those new villages up north are beatifull. I wonder if devs will re-make old towns in south with so many details.

• Like 1

I got requests on Reddit to include information with these photos next time. Like, little fun facts and translations and that kind of thing. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Good idea?

No need, people should have learned map so far.

Well yes, but this was more just for fun. Not so much educational, just entertaining.

Part 2 of the series is now ready for your enjoyment. I've decided to include little bits of information with the gallery on Imgur, so click through if you want to read that stuff -- otherwise, enjoy the images below :)

This week, I present Chernogorsk:

http://imgur.com/a/tL4LE

tXYhjSH.jpg

TVNvIWT.jpg

hI4lwE8.jpg

sqnJExn.jpg

D1oZxlU.jpg

9Dqftjv.jpg

Y972Oc9.jpg

4Vhsyb0.jpg

dPidEzK.jpg

4pea50t.jpg

lqQ1g1I.jpg

2nzQZX1.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

The third installment is one near and dear to many of you: Elektrozavodsk. As always, click through to the album if you'd like the additional text. Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/FZ1nR

j1oz2Z7.jpg

ASmHKeS.jpg

XTVg6Sc.jpg

YXeAIo5.jpg

VB3mbPl.jpg

QEec8N1.jpg

KzOnXD2.jpg

y1LDzRz.jpg

DEVhrnI.jpg

SJ8Du2w.jpg

LnwC1sO.jpg

Ym4ocOc.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

The last electro picture is my favorite. City's sign and truck looks like it's cruising down the road. Good work ;]

• Like 2

The last electro picture is my favorite. City's sign and truck looks like it's cruising down the road. Good work ;]

Thanks! I'm hoping they give that sign a higher-detail makeover at some point. It deserves it.

Another week, another gallery! This week, by request of igor-vk (@Igorrzilla) is the "big little" city in the Northwest. Click through to the Imgur gallery if you want the optional text. Enjoy :)

I present Novaya Petrovka:

http://imgur.com/a/GuUDJ

fpcLE5z.jpg

IQuPqOs.jpg

aP9c8TH.jpg

zfIS84f.jpg

6Ate0ly.jpg

OTgODW4.jpg

5sTeUL9.jpg

6RYGJWg.jpg

Up49pwB.jpg

ftdBfmk.jpg

gJg4H0q.jpg

d3IFCbv.jpg

Today's installment of the series is one I was quite excited to do: the biggest city in Chernarus! Click through to the Imgur gallery for optional text.

This week, Novodmitrovsk:

http://imgur.com/a/jZz91

56OLbgR.jpg

CMVhOx0.jpg

MPTgOsw.jpg

KXgyqBH.jpg

uML6Nfu.jpg

n3q4IgU.jpg

pT5uXR2.jpg

j0VwEvC.jpg

ejjuOqg.jpg

NLU6Z2m.jpg

AeveSQf.jpg

lRznmVy.jpg

mxqJZEc.jpg

onaxKJd.jpg

18xZ3M6.jpgH57RCDN.jpg

6BCAzhN.jpgCa56CJB.jpg6nQJH1A.jpg

wgRUfJP.jpg

l6pUYLU.jpgUYrkv2g.jpg

Edited by Tatanko

Another week, another city. We're still in the north for this one.

I present, Severograd:

http://imgur.com/a/duizP

76ipepg.jpg

pCw5xd7.jpg

Vau7T8Z.jpg

YWaslNB.jpg

GX5oF2t.jpg

Ci1hUdw.jpg

qxVoIic.jpg

KQLIpzz.jpg

2KjYwNT.jpg

W4qTPab.jpg

bs9RXAI.jpg

gk7FkYy.jpg

EzO6m5v.jpg

qLe9M8u.jpg

iN3Cu2n.jpg

Wdr59hO.jpg

Edited by Tatanko

On to the first major city added in the Standalone.

This week, Svetlojarsk:

http://imgur.com/a/ngSIV

GizvyLA.jpg

NNX87gX.jpg

8ZPnh2x.jpg

jjHoalF.jpg

jKHdGcb.jpg

RqkO0D0.jpg

aCpxxoa.jpg

EXTUgk9.jpg

961FrFR.jpg

eP5rctq.jpg

ZmzKv4H.jpg

k9tjQcG.jpg

Qmw0LNl.jpg

Edited by Tatanko

For now, we have the last major installment in the series.

This week, Zelenogorsk:

http://imgur.com/a/d8a6O

d4FiXOd.jpg

V6bE55m.jpg

vGXIa5Q.jpg

myuHw8I.jpg

DgI7RPc.jpg

ss8xILH.jpg

mmjIMGe.jpg

PQryW9Q.jpg

CTfUKTy.jpg

cbO9HSI.jpg

7aV3MW2.jpg

Wslx2us.jpg

m7UqcWl.jpg

Edited by Tatanko

Bonus round! We may have already visited Chernogorsk, but we didn't explore the areas around it...

This week, Chapaevsk:

http://imgur.com/a/KOBFx

wCmP9GG.jpg

hN3cHqM.jpg

8YZHFLj.jpg

Tns8FKT.jpg

pyhYr6e.jpg

IiZen0M.jpg

GtHMt30.jpg

JpdJBWT.jpg

41CqCs0.jpg

Ygh4OW5.jpg