gannon46

so much for the struggle

Lmao, the only way "infected"/PvP levels could get toned down is by removing them.  Dude, just give it up already.  The game is not for you as per Hicks

What?

What?

Oh, for Gods sake!

The "Bear Grylls wannabes', as you so elonquently put it, do not want PvP or "infected" to be removed. We want a realistic/authentic survival game, instead of the "loot n shoot" PvP-circlejerk we have going on right now. There are BARELY any actual survival mechanics currently in-game. 

I want the environment to be the enemy, as much as the players and the infected. I don't want to be able to survive for in-game days of a can of peaches, nor do I want said can of peaches to be almost certain to spawn into certain buildings, AKA "food/gun houses". I don't want to be able to loot for 5 minutes and be able to clusterfuck on the coast. I want there to be fear in almost every aspect of play, and, most importantly, I want there to be choices. With consequences. You know, like there is in "real" wilderness survival. Not, "hmmm, do I take this M4, or the AKM?", but "Shit, I really need these bullets, but I won't have enough room for those antibiotics....", or "Shit, there is a player! I've only got a few bullets, maybe he won't kill me?" instead of "BANG BANG BANG GET REKT 'insert expletive here-"

I have no problems with PvP. Hell, I engage in PvP almost all the time. However, to me, PvP isn't  just "killing other players", it is also "competing for resources". Right now, food is effectively limitless, as is safe water. Seriously, so long as you park your ass next to an apple tree, and know where the wells are, you can survive. Much less actually knowing where loot spawns. No skill or difficulty involved.  Just run to the nearest gun spawn and start killing anything that gets into your sights. Oh, and complain about apple-picking. Because 1/2 an hour out of your 3-hour PvP session is "too long/boring"

That needs to change.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 4

Oh, for Gods sake!

The "Bear Grylls wannabes', as you so elonquently put it, do not want PvP or "infected" to be removed. We want a realistic/authentic survival game, instead of the "loot n shoot" PvP-circlejerk we have going on right now. There are BARELY any actual survival mechanics currently in-game. 

I want the environment to be the enemy, as much as the players and the infected. I don't want to be able to survive for in-game days of a can of peaches, nor do I want said can of peaches to be almost certain to spawn into certain buildings, AKA "food/gun houses". I don't want to be able to loot for 5 minutes and be able to clusterfuck on the coast. I want there to be fear in almost every aspect of play, and, most importantly, I want there to be choices. With consequences. You know, like there is in "real" wilderness survival. Not, "hmmm, do I take this M4, or the AKM?", but "Shit, I really need these bullets, but I won't have enough room for those antibiotics....", or "Shit, there is a player! I've only got a few bullets, maybe he won't kill me?" instead of "BANG BANG BANG GET REKT 'insert expletive here-"

I have no problems with PvP. Hell, I engage in PvP almost all the time. However, to me, PvP isn't  just "killing other players", it is also "competing for resources". Right now, food is effectively limitless, as is safe water. Seriously, so long as you park your ass next to an apple tree, and know where the wells are, you can survive. Much less actually knowing where loot spawns. No skill or difficulty involved.  Just run to the nearest gun spawn and start killing anything that gets into your sights. Oh, and complain about apple-picking. Because 1/2 an hour out of your 3-hour PvP session is "too long/boring"

That needs to change.

You're wasting your breath.  He can't even get it through his head what Hicks said.

Crafting a fishing rod requires an axe or hatchet, rope, fishing hook and spadelike tool. So four thing you need to find just to be able to start fishing. Then you need a knife to gut the fish, either a cooking pot or pan and fire or portable stove to cook it. Or charcoal tabs so you can eat it raw. 

Crafting a bow requires an axe or hatchet, rope and arrows or feathers and sticks. Then finding an animal or bambi to kill and the cooking utensils mentioned above.

No it doesn't. 

All you need is a beach texture to get the stone knife. From that you can get the Ashwood Stick and kill an animal for the guts to make the string. Feathers can be off a chicken which you can find and kill with a knife still. Those small guts can also be used as bait so you don't need worms to fish. 

Matches are the hard part and require visiting a loot spawn point. Luckily in early .55 deerstands  and such things were spawning loot so you could find things there negating the need to hit town again.

• Like 1

Yeah because in this current economic climate companies are happy to support projects that make no money as long as the employees are happy. :)

this project has already made quite a bit of money... it's only going to make more.

you should spend less time trying to be witty and a little more time getting some info on where the game is going

Oh, for Gods sake!

That needs to change.

great words! Nobody wants to make a PvE game out of it, get this into your heads! It just needs to feel like a struggle to survive, and the moment you find a can of peaches should feel like hitting a lottery jackpot! Nobody wants to kill PvP, its an integral part of Dayz.

If you think gearing up in 30min to start shooting around is PvP, and every other feature of the game that costs time is a waste, you won't be happy for very long with the future course of the game.

This argument people keep making about the developers ie. Bohemia interactive only caring about making money is ignorant. The game has netted them more than many AAA titles do, and for a small fraction of the cost. Making money on this game is not the main priority (anymore). Now, if I had to guess, the main priority is keeping their customers from feeling robbed by completing the game they set out to make. If the gameplay quality doesn't progress past where it is now, Bohemia will have players that bought dayz that are too fed up to purchase another BI title.

You can see this going one of two ways:

1) developers cater to lowest common denominator. Game stays easy and pleases majority until they get bored and move on.

2) developers make anti-game that dean promised. Many players quit because it's too time intensive, and "not fun" at times. Core player base is pleased, and the game stays relevant for a few thousand players for 1 year.

My guess is that they will take the latter approach to save face, but only time will tell.

want beans?

The best part of this thread is clearly the invention of the new word "Bear-gryllers"

• Like 2

Oh, for Gods sake!

That needs to change.

So we basically want the same thing then. I rarely pvp but love it when I run into someone. I don't hang out on the coast and I get bored of the game if there is too much loot.

this project has already made quite a bit of money... it's only going to make more.

you should spend less time trying to be witty and a little more time getting some info on where the game is going

Sorry I don't get off on the w*nkfest that goes on when one of the devs breaks wind. And yes I am witty that's why the chicks love me.

Wait... If being a freshspawn was easy.... I wouldn't care if I died, as I could regear easily and enjoy the whole thing.... But when being a freshspawn sucks... I don't wanna risk dying and going back to the coast... It's like... They're trying to make us value our lives or something...

Wait... If being a freshspawn was easy.... I wouldn't care if I died, as I could regear easily and enjoy the whole thing.... But when being a freshspawn sucks... I don't wanna risk dying and going back to the coast... It's like... They're trying to make us value our lives or something...

And when you don't want to die because being a freshie sucks, its almost like you'd be more likely to just KoS someone because any interaction might lead to your demise.

And then the people who want a gritty post-apocalyptic apple picking simulator will be back on the forums complaining about KoS just like they did when it took literally 30 minutes to reach the endgame.

• Like 1

And when you don't want to die because being a freshie sucks, its almost like you'd be more likely to just KoS someone because any interaction might lead to your demise.

And then the people who want a gritty post-apocalyptic apple picking simulator will be back on the forums complaining about KoS just like they did when it took literally 30 minutes to reach the endgame.

What's wrong with KOSing out of fear? I did it today. Guy asks if we're friendly in a military compound in the dark: I spray 30 rounds in his direction and run away.

The difference is shooting someone to survive versus shooting someone because it's the only thing to keep you busy after the first 30 minutes of gearing, as you put it.

Sorry I don't get off on the w*nkfest that goes on when one of the devs breaks wind. And yes I am witty that's why the chicks love me.

so you admit your ignorance then? good!

Maybe you will think twice if you will shoot that person, or sneak after him and axe him from behind, or just say: f@ck it, he has AKM and I have Trumphet and he will cut me down. 

You dont have to rush to every player you see and "interact".

True

That graph doesn't necessarily correspond to the last patch.  There was a drop in number prior to the patch and then more recently another drop.  So, what caused that drop?  Vehicles?  LOL

what the f*** are you talking about.

you can clearly see that dayz always hat a playerbase of 29k with drops to 14k between it. but there were still highpeeks to 24-29k.

you can see very clear, that the playerbase just went down steady to 10k since 01.04. and never went back to 24-29k.

you can clearly see that dayz always hat a playerbase of 29k with drops to 14k between it. but there were still highpeeks to 24-29k.

you can see very clear, that the playerbase just went down steady to 10k since 01.04. and never went back to 24-29k.

I am trying desperately to move my dayz server to a rust server, there is just not enough players to keep it open.

I mean whats the point here really? like hicks said, he acknowledges the fact that they will loose players because of the direction dayz will take. Then let it be 10k, new players will come. It can't be the solution to make 24/7 daylight 3rd person servers, lootexplosions in every house, or even spawn with 5 canned peaches and an ak to start rocking in 10 mins, so you can have a player base of 100k. Just screw it. They made good money from the alpha, they will make good money from the beta, and they will make good money when its released. There is a market for hard games. And we have yet to see the CLE in its full glory. I even liked the bugged version more than the current brain dead system.

Edited by InvincibleThroughDC
  • Like 3

I honestly hated the CLE, which was so bugged nothing would spawn and the game become essentially unplayable since you'd starve to death before getting anywhere. Persistent servers always gravitate towards having little loot since stuff would refuse to respawn, stuff that spawned but would be considered unpickable would stay there forever preventing better things to respawn, you want a system like that - new items should replace the old.

Some of you might be masochists that like watching Zucchinis grow, I am not it, neither is my group. During the two weeks that CLE was ravaging the land we have essentially taken a break. Left our camp as it was and not returned until it was fixed.

I mean whats the point here really? like hicks said, he acknowledges the fact that they will loose players because of the direction dayz will take. Then let it be 10k, new players will come. It can't be the solution to make 24/7 daylight 3rd person servers, lootexplosions in every house, or even spawn with 5 canned peaches and an ak to start rocking in 10 mins, so you can have a player base of 100k. Just screw it. They made good money from the alpha, they will make good money from the beta, and they will make good money when its released. There is a market for hard games. And we have yet to see the CLE in its full glory. I even liked the bugged version more than the current brain dead system.

All is fun and games until they piss off enough people that Steam will do a total recall. Happened to WarZ and it will happen with DayZ. Starting the game off as somewhere fun if buggy, and then successively turning it into hobo simulator will not work well for them. So far everything that happened is false advertisement. I don't like having to say it, but this game did better under Dean Hall than it did under Hicks.

Also the fucking attitude that Hicks is manifesting "Don't like it, fuck off, but we're keeping your money", telling your community to fuck off has never worked well for any developer. If you're essentially crowdfunding a game, then you need to listen to what the community wants, it is well possible to do both pain in the ass survival and open world PVP. So far the only reason for separate hives is whether or not you want to have 3rd person view available. You could equally well divide those into two hives, or incorporate hoboness into "hardcore". Then see which one is more popular by looking which server adopts what.

You do not want to listen to people that paid off the development then give everyone a refund, do your game in peace while eating top ramen, release it, have it stand up to the full critique that a completely released game normally has to stand up for (so far no one really touches it since it is in development). Get few to no sales and file for Bankruptcy and have your name forever associated with releasing garbage. The assholes from WarZ changed like every name ever associated with them and will likely never sell another game in their lives.

Game forums are always full of bootlickers. I got banned from the steam forums for getting into arguments with them and mods taking their sides. Quality moderation right there. However numbers really don't lie. The amount of players has plummeted since the start of .55 update, they went up a little after the CLE was reverted, and they will likely plummet again in .56 when Hicks will continue his experiments. What does this mean - that the players at large do not find the CLE to be enjoyable.

Edited by NexDemise
  • Like 1

What does this mean - that the players at large do not find the CLE to be enjoyable.

What it means is the wrong people bought the game.  Plain and simple.  Steam will not pull the plug due to the fact there is zero false advertising about the game.

• Like 4