Sign in to follow this  
danfinger (DayZ)

Tents in deer stands, how do you get them out?

Tried the ladder with tent in my hands. Didn’t work.

I tried throwing it. Didn’t work.

Jumped. Broke leg, ruined pants and boots.

Is there a way to do it without injury? 

• Like 1

Thanks. what a pain.

The taloon and child's brief case ate the only bags that don't fit a civ tent right?

Hold the G key for a bit and throw it out the ladder side

• Like 1

Hold the G key for a bit and throw it out the ladder side

yeah, tried that a few times before getting too close to the opening and fell, with the tent still in the stand. D'oh!

Two pairs of boots and two broken legs later I got it down, took two days before someone found where I stashed it. I now think tents are not worth the effort.

Edited by danfinger

FYI, there are players who do little more than search for other peoples stuff to raid. 

The "G" option should work.  I even use it to safely toss extra Mosins out of stands and towers.  Maybe spend a few minutes practicing your throwing.  I think it really matters how long you 'charge' the throw by holding G; I also hit LMB when I relaese G, just for good measure.

Best way to practice your throwing:  get a buddy and farm some pumpkins, eat till you both are full, fill your tent/backpacks, and play catch with the rest.

Too bad we can't splatter them baseball style, that would add a lot of fun for the horsin' around factor, not to mention if they added actual baseballs to the game.

Every time I try and throw something the animation bugs and it goes like a boomerang back into my hands the drops at my feet. Sometimes I see it fly out and back sometimes I don't but it never goes anywhere no matter how long I charge it.