Sign in to follow this  
Evil Minion

Ammo rarity in .55

Ammo rarity in .55  

38 members have voted

1. 1. I can find/produce this kind of ammo relatively easily.

2. 2. Getting my hands on this kind of ammunition is of about average difficulty.

3. 3. I can barely find this kind of ammunition.

The recent patches have changed loot spawns quite a lot. Instead of food or clothes I am interested in ammunition (again) and the respective rarity of different types.

I would like the community to give their impression by voting. You can vote for multiple types of ammo and in case you feel a specific rarity to be between two of the option vote for both of them.

Do remember that it was just rolled back to 0.54 loot system... but in 0.55 system, all are rare except .22, .380 auto and .308

It's more or less about the rolled back system as persistence should still be on. Which is a significant change from .54 anyways.

after the fix last night nothing is rare i found more ammo than i need. go into a house and theres enough food to feed the entire server go to airfield there 3-4 ak's and mags. ugh back to the same ol' easy mode. i played for an hour and got geared up to the max when before i was really having to look everywhere and manage my food and ammo now it doesn't matter i can eat all my food and just go to a house and get restocked before it was i had to use what gun i found now i have the option to use what i want because there are so many guns and the ammo is plentiful it like chenarus became walmart again all you need and more.  

Do remember that it was just rolled back to 0.54 loot system... but in 0.55 system, all are rare except .22, .380 auto and .308

9mm was not rare i had 5-6 mp5 mags and i had 2 boxes of .45 ammo and a lot of 5.45 and 7.62 both variants mosin and sks. you had to look for it and if you knew where to look it wasn't super hard to find.

Yeah, 9mm was definitely not rare! I had a mp5 and enough ammo to start and finish an international incident... That is until my toon decided to step off that guard tower instead of using the ladder as I had instructed!

Yeah, 9mm was definitely not rare! I had a mp5 and enough ammo to start and finish an international incident... That is until my toon decided to step off that guard tower instead of using the ladder as I had instructed!

okay okay geez i missed one soooorrrrryyyy! :p

I voted, I can't fuckin find shotgun ammo I found a box full of m4 zero packs of shotgun ammo. "Sigh" well the shotguns don't like me anymore.

okay okay geez i missed one soooorrrrryyyy! :p

Easy to do with so many ammo types to keep track of... and maybe more inbound! Yay, I like bullets!

I get a headache looking for stuff, because you usually can't see anything and searches discover ammo. The stuff that falls thru the ground or floor and is not visible, but still pops up on a ground search is tedious to say the least. Mosin ammo always brings a smile to my face and it can be just about anywhere it seems. The trick seems to be meticulous meticulous meticulous searches. 

Actually looking at the bars it looks about right. .45 should be more common, however.

I play on two persistent servers in lowish pop parts of the world and have not found any ammo in about 4 hours. Soda cans are spawning even less.

'

Lots of loot explosions with damaged hats, and sh*t - but nothing really useful and that's from running from Lapatino to Kemenski and checking every building.

I found a loot-splosion on a server at the military base. This morning, I filled all the backpacks with stuff in the barracks and carried them outside where I dropped them, along with all the rifles(tons of ak74s). It will be interesting to see what it looks like tonight.

.45 acp should be rare as heck.

It is not a very common round at all outside of the US and the Philippines.

• Like 1

.45 acp should be rare as heck.

It is not a very common round at all outside of the US and the Philippines.

yes and make the blaze and repeater very rare...not many of those guns in Eastern Europe either...tired of a blaze taking up a spawn point in a mil base

Weapon/ammunition rarity should be primarily focused on adequately addressing the tangible performance and balance aspects of the weapon first, because it actually affects how we play the game. So-called "regional plausibility" should come second, because it doesn't actually affect how we play the game.

Willing to bet large sums of DayZ dollars that AK-74s are far more plentiful in Eastern Bloc/post-Soviet countries than a B95. Does that mean a humble over-under rifle should be hyper rare while I should be swan diving into piles of AKs? No.

Edited by Katana67

Given that the SKS and CR527 are both in civilian loot pools, I'd like to see small numbers of 7.62x39mm spawning in suitable locations (the same places that magazines/clips for these weapons can spawn would make sense), currently it seems like the ammo boxes/stacks for this round only spawn loose/boxed in general military loot pools.

As for realistic weapons types and rarity vs game balance I fall on the side of realism first and foremost, I want DayZ to be as genuine an experience as realistically possible and game balance should not be a primary concern, real life isn't balanced either people will always gravitate to what's most effective & available.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

As for realistic weapons types and rarity vs game balance I fall on the side of realism first and foremost, I want DayZ to be as genuine an experience as realistically possible and game balance should not be a primary concern, real life isn't balanced either people will always gravitate to what's most effective & available.

By that logic, we should be finding piles of assault rifles at military bases (like they do/did in various recent conflicts in which government armories have been overrun/abandoned, i.e. Ukraine, Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc.).

On the other side of the coin, we should be finding one, if that, rare $3,000 over-under B95 that is almost categorically worse than an assault rifle as far as DayZ is concerned.

Things that are good should be rare, because they're good. Rarity for rarity's sake doesn't make any sense.

By that logic, we should be finding piles of assault rifles at military bases (like they do/did in various recent conflicts in which government armories have been overrun/abandoned, i.e. Ukraine, Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc.).

On the other side of the coin, we should be finding one, if that, rare $3,000 over-under B95 that is almost categorically worse than an assault rifle as far as DayZ is concerned.

Things that are good should be rare, because they're good. Rarity for rarity's sake doesn't make any sense.

In a game, I don't want DayZ to feel like a game. If that means AK74 and AKMs are a dime a dozen then I'm fine with that.

Also, properly implemented a B95 would have much higher effective range than an AKM or 74, the fact that the current long range kings in DayZ are a dirt cheap Mosin fitted with an insanely expensive optic and the AKM with a PSO1 is the "balance" issue imo, because neither are particularly realistic. Hopefully they move the LRS off the Mosin and to the C527 and/or blaze95 after the introduction of the SVD.

edit: On a related note, I don't ever remember having an issue with the number of iron sighted soviet era automatic weapons in the mod, it was the high powered anti-material and DMR rifles with fantastic optics and accuracy that tended to be converted by players.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 2

a blaze without optics is like a car without wheels.

i real life allmost all hunting weapons have a scope on them ! 

see my sig ! 

• Like 1

a blaze without optics is like a car without wheels.

i real life allmost all hunting weapons have a scope on them ! 

see my sig ! 

I like the CR527 myself, but every time I pick one up the unused mounting points on the model make me feel a little sad.

• Like 1