Syphonz

Most wanted feature?

The most wanted is the most needed.

Obviously I'm talking about the option to edit server and mission files so that the people who actually know what they're doing can finally clean this mess up.

Oh, and we'll be able to host servers on our own dedicated, high performance machines. No more pay 6 months worth of VPN fees for 1 month of multiplay, vilayer or whatever vulture like company BI has allowed to rent out servers.

I'm not sure modding is what's needed on a game that has not yet reached final release.

Edited by McTabish

I'm not sure modding is what's needed on a game that has not yet been reached final release.

Speaking of mods... when the game is finished, am I the only one who thinks that someone will make a PvP mod and that the original game will lose almost all players?

Perhaps the ability to mod should be left out?

This is simply a curiosity thread here, but im wondering, what does the player base want the MOST out of the upcoming dayz features?

Personally, im just wanting balancing and bugs to be fixed, but there's other features im really excited for too, like being able to build "bases".

What do you guys think?

I think base building will be the most fun feature to be added to the game.

• Like 2

Speaking of mods... when the game is finished, am I the only one who thinks that someone will make a PvP mod and that the original game will lose almost all players?

Perhaps the ability to mod should be left out?

I'm sure they'll allow mods, since the game originated as mod. And yes, I'm sure someone will add an Arma mod to DayZ standalone :P

I'm sure they'll allow mods, since the game originated as mod. And yes, I'm sure someone will add an Arma mod to DayZ standalone :P

Thing is that so few players will probably be left playing the real DayZ survival game, that perhaps mods shouldn't be allowed.

Any sort of objectives or feats of strength would be huge. I'd like the ability to rotate items in my pack. ie turning a 1 x 2 item so that it's 2 x 1. You can stealth around zombies but not close enough to stealth kill them...that's pretty disappointing.

Thing is that so few players will probably be left playing the real DayZ survival game, that perhaps mods shouldn't be allowed.

If people don't play the original game then they're doing something wrong. I'm sure the game will always have players, and to be honest, with such small numbers per server, a few less people wont make much of a difference, and if they're all playing a mod it's still money for bohemia.

• Like 1

If there is a PVP orientated mod that draws more players then it simply means that the standard version got it wrong. I've often thought that The die hard PVE/PVZ fan base simply make more noise than the vast majority of players who actually want a larger PVP aspect. Look at what happened to vanilla when mods like Epoch and overwatch came out. People voted with their virtual feet.

With the recent direction DayZ had taken a sure as hell hope they do allow mods in the future.

hope they will add modding! Not to play them,but just to get rid of vorst players! There still will be lots of players for original dayz but on less servers! And kossers will play their mods!

I'm sure I've read that the final version will be highly moddable. They even said a while ago that there is a possibility of another modders map to be implemented, don't remember the name of it though.

It would be nice to see some more gamemodes actually. Sometimes you don't wanna play the full game but just have some short-time fun. H1Z1 has done this with is Battle royale game mode and I think Arma 3 has something similar.

LMGs, bases and the SVD, less buggy & more diverse vehicles.

I'd really like to see Utes' rolled into the Chernarus+ map along with the addition of boats.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

Denser forrests :D

More map area :D

Predatory animals, +1 for Bicycles, more survival crafting I want my deer skin tent!

The ability to dig a hole underground with a ladder and a stick/leaf trapdoor allowing me to hide my backpacks underground, nice and hidden but in no way impossible to stumble across.

Ok I may have gone a bit nuts on that last one, I would like to be able to make a covered hole to store a bag in though, with a similar trapdoor, I like the idea because if you are one of the players who is aware of their surroundings you will find these places, but allot of players would just cruise on by never even noticing.

• Like 2

In all honesty, before they put the loot system back in they need to work on making it possible to be self sufficient without needing to "loot" at all. Right now you can't survive in Dayz without having to find certain items, be it rope to make a bow, or a box of matches to make a fire to cook your food, or an axe to cut down the right type of tree.

It should be possible without having to search for any specific loot spawn to search for a stick, make an improvised knife, attach the knife to the stick using reeds found near a stream, and then stand in the sea, and through an F command try and harpoon fish (the same way as searching for apples), then attach the fish to another stick and cook it over a fire. A fire which you have lit by rubbing sticks together or using some flint you've found. Once they have made it possible to survive on dynamic spawning items (IE stuff you can get in particular areas by pressing F, stones, sticks, apples, fish etc), then nobody can complain about the lack of food.

• Like 1

Denser forrests :D

More map area :D

Predatory animals

Yes please..... imagine roaming in forest and coming up against a bear that wanted to eat your face :D

There could be a little bit more magazines around, I often find different weapons and bullets, but no magazines. 

I like the bicycle idea. Would it be too bold to ask for a motorcycle too? As this is Czech based game, then a Czech Jawa for example, or even a Russian Ural with a sidecar, or as a very rare find an old CZ. Would be so cool with the helmet and riders jacket.

Edited by Herkyl Puuro
  • Like 1

Tents surviving wipes, more survival crafting (from food to weapons), more animals, etc. And yes, bicycles.

Oh wait if we get bicycles they are going to give us random punctures :(

Best get looting some tyre repair kits, HAHA what a way to get held up, while repairing your bicycle tyre because of a puncture :P

Edited by Velenon

Angry bears that roam the woods, killing all who spoil their territory. Also, I want to tame them and ride them gloriously into Cherno with a repeater, cowboy hat, and nothing else. Or maybe I'm thinking of horses? No, no, definitely want to ride bears.

• Like 2

where are all the cigarettes?? LOL/..we can use that as a commodity 

• Like 2

where are all the cigarettes?? LOL/..we can use that as a commodity

Would love that :)

I can't wait for these features (in this order) : base building , advanced barricading, predator animals , huntable birds and fish that roam just like other animals, fully fleshed out cooking system (no pots pans needed !), and finally I can't wait for advanced vehicles (more variety and planes/boats, maybe some helicopters).

Oh and also I really can't wait for the day/night cycle to be a normal thing (with accelerated servers) and for persistence to be working100% without any server restarts every 4 hours or without any wipes on Wednesday ! That's dream dayz., but dreams only stay like that for so long until they become a reality :D

• Like 1