Sign in to follow this  
archamedes

My tactics for dealing with the 0.55 zombies

My tips on dealing with the zombies.

1. Crouch in towns, if you turn a corner and one stops and stares at you. This is your only opertunity to get a quick headshot in before it charges. You know its about to charge because their head rolls about.

2. In any situation Sprint!!! Go in a straight line or hurdle fences, they snap right at your heels, but they no longer hit you so long as you do not stop, this is because of their new attack animation. Trust me, they do lose interest fast and slow down. after this point they won't even bother chasing you if you run back past them because they are too exhausted.

3. Run into a house and shut the door. If you have a small horde of them, just stand by the window, they end up beating each other to death. Just single head shot the last one with a pistol.

4. Try to lock a zombie in a house, this tactic is actually harder and you may get hit by doing so.

5. Run around and agro every zombie in a town and lure them away from the town. When they give up, circle back and loot the town unbothered.

6. Have a friend agro all the zombies by driving through a town in a truck, they are like magnets. Then park it up, turn the engine off and wait. The zombies climb onto the back of it and stay there. Even if you climb out and stand right in front of them, they just stare at you & will not move.

7. if your friend is being chased by a zombie do not attempt to fire shots at them, chances are they are so close up your friends ass that the bullet will pass through and kill your friend too. you will also alert other zombies to your location. Its just better to sprint for 20 seconds and let them wear out.

So there you have it, zombies may be more dangerous and harder to fight up close and personal, but if you adopt these tactics you can get round them without ever taking any damage. Please bear in mind, that with future iterations and patches, may make some of these steps redundant in the future.

• Like 11

And if you need to fight, two hit on the head even bare handed kills the zombie most of the time.

• Like 3

Fight them bare handed after you have exhausted them. They dont react as fast and they stumble as you continue dishing out the hurt

• Like 2

I really don't understand how its SO hard for ppl to adapt. I figured out how to kill them Day one of the new patch lol. Anything more than one and you just run your ass away. And when sprinting gets cut down and stamina system put in ppl are just going to have to play smarter or not play at all.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 4

They are not hard to kill if you don't fight them with mêlée weapons.

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 1

Good tips for new people in here. I managed to kill the 0.55 zombie with the old run around and hit tactic but your hits gotta be on point to do that.

Nope not had that. They do give up. Its easier if you can jump fences because they have to run round them. Also because zombies can no longer see through buildings like they used to, they now cant see through chain link fences, because it seems to be programmed the same as solid geometry instead of a transparent plane, which is what the fences actually are. The textures to make the fence are a normal fence image, but with a transparency map to make them see through. The only issue is, the zombies see it as a solid object, so you can shoot them without being seen

Edited by archamedes

Well ive found in the last 24hrs that they haven't been stopping like they were, they slow and i think if you are bleeding they keep coming, maybe its the blood.

I had 7-8 chasing me last night while bleeding and lost them no problem just on pure distance running through the open.

I had awesome luck with #5 the other night, unarmed in three runs I led every one in a town out into a field and left them there to go back and loot the town. 

4. Try to lock a zombie in a house, this tactic is actually harder and you may get hit by doing so.

It gets easier if you pull it behind you for some time before entering the house. Zombies will tire and get much slower which allows you to just run past them and close the doors.

Trying this with a "fresh" zombie gets you hit and maybe even killed as they are just as ridiculously fast as players.