trupciks

Do you have an answer?

Hi! First will start with that i love new update! I really enjoy that surviving is little harder now and hope it will get much worse! But thinking about food and mainly about hunting vs canned food i come up wit question that someone might have answer!

Does anyone knows-will in future,let's say meat from animals,will become old and unbeatable? And this way canned goods would become value as gold! Is this planned feature or could be suggested!

This is more question for survival oriented players! Guys who just want to pvp and keeping game easy-please don't reply!

So what are your thoughts on this?

Sorry for language,its not my native!

Hmm. It does make sense considering real life fresh meat has no preservatives, or could it go even further and the player be able to preserve and tin their own food???

EG. find a can of tuna, eat it, keep the tin and go fishing and put your own in it after slicing.

EG. find a can of tuna, eat it, keep the tin and go fishing and put your own in it after slicing.

Well you couldn't seal it right?

Well you couldn't seal it right?

Not exactly I guess, always go nuts with duct tape! hahaha

Not exactly I guess, always go nuts with duct tape! hahaha

I don't think this would help in this case! :D

Salting and making into jerky would probably be the best you could do to preserve the meat (thats assuming they are going to bring food degradation )

• Like 2

That should definitely be in game in the future. Maybe not yet. That would force you to constantly find food. Man with few cans would be the king of Chernarus

What about a drying rack (sticks + duct tape/rope)?

Smoking, salting or drying meat would be the primary methods of conserving meat in the wild. It would be interesting if these features were added (and of course spoilation over time of raw unprocessed meat).

• Like 1

could be cool of having risk of wild predators eating your not canned food in your camp because of smell!

could be cool of having risk of wild predators eating your not canned food in your camp because of smell!

I believe bears are in the pipeline, it would be tits if they spread everything that wasn't food allover the place while they were at it.

What about a drying rack (sticks + duct tape/rope)?

Already suggested that back in .54 due to the clothing's constant dampness issue.  I have a feeling that it will be inplemented when crafting gets another bump.  

NO JERKY, NO PEACE!

If the devs are taking "survival" in any way seriously (and based upon certain quotes from the devs, as well as the direction of the latest patch, they most certainly are), they would be very amiss to not include food preservation methods like smoking and drying.

Almost any food can be preserved via smoking. 

Can't find the quote from one of the devs (it was in a status report iirc) but they are looking at three methods of cooking: roasting, boiling and drying. You can already add water to a cooking pot (it is non-functional at the moment) so the mechanism is there for boiling and we already roast meat on the fire. Not sure how drying will work but it will probably be in the furnace as the devs stated that fireplaces were pretty much final product now.