Zyprexacus

Does walking make a difference?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and the game.

So My question is if I would walk instead of jog or sprint would my hunger and thirst go down slower?

Z.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and the game.

So My question is if I would walk instead of jog or sprint would my hunger and thirst go down slower?

Z.

. Yes

I'm not sure actually. It used to be the case that moving had one rate of metabolism and not moving had another (far less) but rate of movement didn't matter. If it has been proved otherwise, I haven't seen it. I tend to jog as a primary means of movement, I rarely sprint, just because I think this is a good habit. I'm not sure that it actually matters yet. A stamina system is in the works though, so if it doesn't matter yet, it soon will.

Edited by Ebrim

Im sure I have seen video with this beeing tested! and as far as i remember results was positive! So yes it matters!

I have nothing to compare but from my experience walking or crouched "stalking" it the best jogging is alright, and sprinting just shreds your energized/hydrated.

Yes. I highly recommend walking (or even jogging) instead of sprinting. Sprinting burns your hydration and energy at 200%.. jogging is only at around 50% and walking is somewhere around 5-15%..

You can get light green energized and hydrated and jog from Elektro all the way to Vybor and only become hungry.

If you are low on food and you NEED to find some, then jog. Sprinting might seem faster (because it is) but you will last much, much longer without sprinting.

/solved   ;)

• Like 3

Yes. I highly recommend walking (or even jogging) instead of sprinting. Sprinting burns your hydration and energy at 200%.. jogging is only at around 50% and walking is somewhere around 5-15%..

You can get light green energized and hydrated and jog from Elektro all the way to Vybor and only become hungry.

If you are low on food and you NEED to find some, then jog. Sprinting might seem faster (because it is) but you will last much, much longer without sprinting.

/solved   ;)

Well put.

If you are moving slow and on mid/high pop remember to look "over your shoulder" because you can be over taken. 

Thanks for these tips.

I really like this game so far.

Needs soms work still but the idea is there :-)

Can someone link proof of this? I don't really buy it, but I'd be interested in seeing what testing has been done on it.

To take it a step further, if it is true, I don't think there's a situation where I'd ever walk in this game for a long period of time.

Anecdotally, jogging seems to make a significant difference for me in terms of efficiency. I consume a lot less water/food per kilometre when jogging, compared to sprinting. I suspect that a lot of the "I can't find any food I'm starving to death" hoopla is just people who still sprint everywhere.

I think it's also beneficial in other ways: the slower you're going, the more you notice about what's going on around you, and the less likely you are to attract the eye of someone watching. On the other hand, if you've already been sighted, you might have a higher chance of taking a bullet. =/

• Like 1

Sprinting makes you consume food and water 160% faster than standing still. Jogging is 60%. Jogging is worth it if food is an issue.

What about crouch sprinting?

Interesting, no mention of walking or crouched. I wonder if it if it's the same as jogging or idle? 

Like Funkmaster Rick said that explains allot of the "too hard starve in 20mins" posts, lift your left pinky unless you need to get away.  

Edited by BCBasher

There you go boy:

edit: 2:42

Good info there but i am not sure why you spoon fed it to him when he even stated if it was true he still wouldnt walk for long. As they say you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink ( or in this case you can have them buy a survival game but you cant make them play it in a way that helps them survive..)

It is a shame no mention of crouch moving , I would imagine it would/should burn alot of energy its pretty hard going doing crouch movement in real life(or maybe i am just getting old LOL)

Edited by SoulFirez

Good info there but i am not sure why you spoon fed it to him when he even stated if it was true he still wouldnt walk for long. As they say you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink ( or in this case you can have them buy a survival game but you cant make them play it in a way that helps them survive..)

It is a shame no mention of crouch moving , I would imagine it would/should burn alot of energy its pretty hard going doing crouch movement in real life(or maybe i am just getting old LOL)

I'm doing a lot of crouching stealthing around now that stealth works and it seems to be at least inline with jogging. It's hard without going out of my way to do a scientific test because I crouch move a bit stop look around move a bit stop etc.

I'm doing a lot of crouching stealthing around now that stealth works and it seems to be at least inline with jogging. It's hard without going out of my way to do a scientific test because I crouch move a bit stop look around move a bit stop etc.

Yeah hopefully someone does that testing as like you it is my default movement in and around towns/cities now. I find stealth works great i had a zombie walk 3 feet to the side of me while i was crouched hiding in a berry bush picking berries( i was shitting bricks , fresh spawn ready to hit C to stand up and run if it noticed me.)