Heatofbattle

How to be a super genius

First you have to find a bear trap.

Then you go into the middle of nowhere.

Then you have to make a splint out of your last rags.

Then you place the bear trap.

Next you step on it to test it out.

Finally you realize where you put your splint.

Then F11+left click.

• Like 5

:facepalm:

Splint held in pants pocket at anytime = not a wise choice.

Splint in pants when bear trap testing = massive sad trombone.

• Like 1

I still go with morphine/splint as well as rags at least in my pants AND the backpack ... hopefully in a medkit for additional protection in the backpack. Pants get ruined more often, sure, but you will be happy when someone shot you in the back, broke your arm and you still have a working splint in the pants to use before engaging the enemy. Of course there is always running away, but sometimes you are just pinned down and you want a working arm for aiming then.

Found a bear trap in Elektro fire station and proceeded to set it up in front of the back door. After looking at my work I decided it was too far back. So I disengaged it and started to place it closer to the door, then there's a flash and a message that the trap failed while setting it up or something similar. I didn't receive a broken limb message so I checked my gear for damage. Turns out the only thing ruined was my helmet. Apparently you can get your head caught in the trap while setting it?

Did you have duct tape? If yes, don't kill me when I tell you you can make splints from duct tape, too. ;)

I once dropped a tent from my hands and broke my legs, someone must have been packing it with bricks =(