pizuicas

DayZ becoming the game I like....

"Some folks have expressed concern that the increasing difficulty in surviving and combating the environment would hurt player interaction. To which I say.. Sure, it will hurt player interaction if by player interaction you mean folks wandering up and down the coast, wearing pink dresses and chasing each other with fire extinguishers.
However I firmly believe it will -drive- and foster a different type of player interaction."   Brian Hicks.

This is exactly my thinking!......way to go...I still think is TOO much loot (canned food).  Force the game to a true survival one, like it was supposed to be!

Cheers!

• Like 7

when we started out we invented a religion.

time to bring the "cult of the orange raincoats" back. :D

• Like 3

People were warned day one about the game that DayZ was going to be.  Heck, people harped on the developers for how easy DayZ was.  

Still zombies are "just there". I wanna fight zombie hordes filled with dozens to hundreds of zeds, run away from them, be scared of them, killing them, locking myself in a barn surrounded by zombies smashing the doors saving that last bullet for me. Not interested in clan fights or fighting players (besides the ocasional shootout), nor Im interested in having to go all Robisons Crusoe mode being all alone in the entire game having by all enemy the hunger and the rain. Or to have to fight just 4 zombies but being each one of them a Usain Bolt && Hulk crossover like if this was a regular MMORPG filled with raid bosses (not that I find them hard now, they're as they should, but I wont like if the devs just go "if we can't add more zombies, were gonna make them superzombies!").

Game is definitely improving, we're getting there, but we're definitely still not there.

Edited by p4triot
  • Like 1

You can have your religion and believe whatever you want just don't try to force your ways on me or things will start to get violent.  >:3

"Some folks have expressed concern that the increasing difficulty in surviving and combating the environment would hurt player interaction. To which I say.. Sure, it will hurt player interaction if by player interaction you mean folks wandering up and down the coast, wearing pink dresses and chasing each other with fire extinguishers.However I firmly believe it will -drive- and foster a different type of player interaction."   Brian Hicks.

This is exactly my thinking!......way to go...I still think is TOO much loot (canned food).  Force the game to a true survival one, like it was supposed to be!

Cheers!

Me too, survival at its best. im looking forward to being able to guard my farm from pumpkin bandits. Or the challenge of dealing with rotten tomatos! What if they introduce gophers that might eat some of my zuccini crop? Now those are the true trials and tribulations of the zombie survivor...

Me too, survival at its best. im looking forward to being able to guard my farm from pumpkin bandits. Or the challenge of dealing with rotten tomatos! What if they introduce gophers that might eat some of my zuccini crop? Now those are the true trials and tribulations of the zombie survivor...

Yes because everyone wants to play DayZ farm sim right? XD

Although i do have to agree it will be nice seeing crops being more valuable however i dont want extreme maintenance for this kind of stuff that would be just not fun anymore. Simple things would suffice without getting to complicated with pesticides and worrying about planting the crops during the wrong season and such. Having to worry about building an indoor green house to keep the right temprature, etc.

Cause planting REAL crops is NOT fun theres tones of shit you gotta worry about and take 100% of your time dedicated to making them grow correct.

Edited by Deathlove

that would be cool to see a group of survivors holding a village all wearing those reminds me of the cultists from dead rising 1. imagine if they were cannibals

You can have your religion and believe whatever you want just don't try to force your ways on me or things will start to get violent.  >:3

we meet our demise, brought by a rather cunning gentleman. He pretended to sell the last raincoat we needed for our bunch of 5. As i inched closer to pick it up he drew an axe and very well used it on all of us. We resembeld Berezino baby seals...

kinda made me like this game.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

Yes because everyone wants to play DayZ farm sim right? XD

Although i do have to agree it will be nice seeing crops being more valuable however i dont want extreme maintenance for this kind of stuff that would be just not fun anymore. Simple things would suffice without getting to complicated with pesticides and worrying about planting the crops during the wrong season and such. Having to worry about building an indoor green house to keep the right temprature, etc.

Cause planting REAL crops is NOT fun theres tones of shit you gotta worry about and take 100% of your time dedicated to making them grow correct.

Well farming is just one way to solve the hunger issue, if you have no other options then yes you may end up having to play DayZ farm sim against your will.

There are going to be many ways you can achieve food in DayZ farming is one, scavenging, foraging, fishing, hunting are the others we have. Its really going to come down to opportunity, do you have the tools to achieve the goal you have? That is where the real fun begins, you start as a fresh spawn and find a shovel and seeds your hungry and thirsty you damned right im gonna start a farm. Find a rope and a fishing hook, get an axe and make a pole grab some matches or a flare and get a fire started. Its all about opportunity and DayZ is providing a wealth of opportunities its just takes some experience and a bit of luck to achieve survival.

Good luck survivor its up to you to make due with the tools at hand.

Well farming is just one way to solve the hunger issue, if you have no other options then yes you may end up having to play DayZ farm sim against your will.

There are going to be many ways you can achieve food in DayZ farming is one, scavenging, foraging, fishing, hunting are the others we have. Its really going to come down to opportunity, do you have the tools to achieve the goal you have? That is where the real fun begins, you start as a fresh spawn and find a shovel and seeds your hungry and thirsty you damned right im gonna start a farm. Find a rope and a fishing hook, get an axe and make a pole grab some matches or a flare and get a fire started. Its all about opportunity and DayZ is providing a wealth of opportunities its just takes some experience and a bit of luck to achieve survival.

Good luck survivor its up to you to make due with the tools at hand.

The only think super unrealistic and immersion breaking for me would be planting and growing food outside in EXTREMELY brutal cold weather. Its just not possible without an indoor greenhouse with just the right temperature settings and artificial sunlight.

Im hopping its going to be more of a seasonal based deal rather than you can just plant whenever you damn well need to kind of deal. Planting crops that correspond with the right types of seasons would make more sense. You don't plant your crops during the most brutal of winters.

The only think super unrealistic and immersion breaking for me would be planting and growing food outside in EXTREMELY brutal cold weather. Its just not possible without an indoor greenhouse with just the right temperature settings and artificial sunlight.

Im hopping its going to be more of a seasonal based deal rather than you can just plant whenever you damn well need to kind of deal. Planting crops that correspond with the right types of seasons would make more sense. You don't plant your crops during the most brutal of winters.

I really wasn't considering the time of year, if they factor that in then there will be some tough times during winter ahead for all survivors. Life is going to suck for DayZ survivors and i cannot wait.

It isn't all that cold yet. Based on the tree foliage and the ponds (namely, the fact that there is still algae growing in them) , it is still "only" early Autumn, mid-Autumn at the latest, AKA late September, early October. Therefore, during a sunny day, it should be between 60 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit, add some wind or some clouds and it could drop down to 40s/30s. During the night, it could get chilly, but not dangerously so unless you were under-dressed or lacked a fire or good shelter.

I really wasn't considering the time of year, if they factor that in then there will be some tough times during winter ahead for all survivors. Life is going to suck for DayZ survivors and i cannot wait.

The time of the year is always a factor in real world for planting crops. I think it will further enhance the survival of the game if they get it right. It will make conserving food a must. Would also be a good way for the developers to introduce alternative ways for our foods lasting longer such as  pickling, preserving, salting, and smoking the various meats, vegetables and fruits we obtain.

It isn't all that cold yet. Based on the tree foliage and the ponds (namely, the fact that there is still algae growing in them) , it is still "only" early Autumn, mid-Autumn at the latest, AKA late September, early October. Therefore, during a sunny day, it should be between 60 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit, add some wind or some clouds and it could drop down to 40s/30s. During the night, it could get chilly, but not dangerously so unless you were under-dressed or lacked a fire or good shelter.

Im hoping the new engine can one day introduce actual physical changes of the season. Would be nice anyways.