Sign in to follow this  
Wookieenoob

further away from Wednesday the KOS comes on strong

being as a lot of people seem to be struggling for food since 0.55, and even though people are more likely to team up against zombies, this late in the week a lot of loot seems to be getting sparse on the private hives. for the first time ever i was forced by pre-looted villages and lack of animals into combat with probably the only other guy within miles - for hunger. even though the game and the people seem to come together wednesday-friday, once the food is all gone and not respawning it starts to get a bit hairy. i decided to go full cannibal and whistle at him through voice

murder over beans

also tasty humans

is it okay to use players as food if you can't find any boars?

Edited by Wookieenoob

No

Considering how literally every single town on the map has at least one apple tree, and probably 20+ "edible" berry bushes, you have no rationale, except for roleplaying, to eat another player.

Hunting should be extremely difficult, as it is in real life. Remember how animals would run away from you once you got within 200m standing up? As it should be. Work for your kill

There is ALWAYS food available, both in-game and in a real-life survival situation. Do you have to work for it? Of course. As it should be.

"Extinction is the rule, Survival is the exception" Carl Sagan

"Extinction is coming..... fight it" Eclipse Phase

"Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light" Dylan Thomas

The overwhelming majority of players in this game are lazy. The devs cut back food spawns (FINALLY), and they scream and whine, and kill other players for food, all the while the means of their own survival, and the most realistic means of survival, have been implemented for over 3 months at the least. "But that isn't fun!", they say, as they cut up another player to eat them raw...

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 4

No

Considering how literally every single town on the map has at least one apple tree, and probably 20+ "edible" berry bushes, you have no rationale, except for roleplaying, to eat another player.

Hunting should be extremely difficult, as it is in real life. Remember how animals would run away from you once you got within 200m standing up? As it should be. Work for your kill

There is ALWAYS food available, both in-game and in a real-life survival situation. Do you have to work for it? Of course. As it should be.

"Extinction is the rule, Survival is the exception" Carl Sagan

"Extinction is coming..... fight it" Eclipse Phase

"Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light" Dylan Thomas

The overwhelming majority of players in this game are lazy. The devs cut back food spawns (FINALLY), and they scream and whine, and kill other players for food, all the while the means of their own survival, and the most realistic means of survival, have been implemented for over 3 months at the least. "But that isn't fun!", they say, as they cut up another player to eat them raw...

like i said, i've not had cause to play like this until today, and not even had problems finding food, though i do believe i was in an apple-sparse area - and to be fair, the guy wasn't exactly friendly. we were far from unlooted civilisation along the north of the map

Edited by Wookieenoob

Go ahead and be a cannibal, its entertaining and solves your food problem.

Play the game how you want, not how other people want you to.

And shush with the apple trees, it literally takes 2-3 minutes to successfully find an apple, let alone you need to find about 15 to be good. The rate is like 1 in 25 searches

• Like 1

I say if eating food is your gig, and it solves your hunger issue, why not? Why sit around picking apples for half an hour when you can get a fairly large meal from the guy 10 feet from you. I ate my friend once cause I was starving, I could care less, I survived.

• Like 2

If you play in a group you could pick a sacrifice.....

we need aztec crafted gear so we can pray to the sun god and the rain god

player made pyramids built with slavery using the quarry/mine near kamensk

Edited by Wookieenoob

Lol dayz Aztec mod!

that would actually be pretty sweet. dayz in the jungle with aztec zombies and loot

No

Considering how literally every single town on the map has at least one apple tree, and probably 20+ "edible" berry bushes, you have no rationale, except for roleplaying, to eat another player.

Hunting should be extremely difficult, as it is in real life. Remember how animals would run away from you once you got within 200m standing up? As it should be. Work for your kill.

There is ALWAYS food available, both in-game and in a real-life survival situation. Do you have to work for it? Of course. As it should be.

"Extinction is the rule, Survival is the exception" Carl Sagan

"Extinction is coming..... fight it" Eclipse Phase

The overwhelming majority of players in this game are lazy. The devs cut back food spawns (FINALLY), and they scream and whine, and kill other players for food, all the while the means of their own survival, and the most realistic means of survival, have been implemented for over 3 months at the least. "But that isn't fun!", they say, as they cut up another player to eat them raw...

I bet your extra tasty

I'm gonna eat someone tonight

inb4 you have the wrong knife and can't cook it anyway

Go ahead and be a cannibal, its entertaining and solves your food problem.

Play the game how you want, not how other people want you to.

And shush with the apple trees, it literally takes 2-3 minutes to successfully find an apple, let alone you need to find about 15 to be good. The rate is like 1 in 25 searches

I say if eating food is your gig, and it solves your hunger issue, why not? Why sit around picking apples for half an hour when you can get a fairly large meal from the guy 10 feet from you. I ate my friend once cause I was starving, I could care less, I survived.

Like I said: Lazy

• Like 1

Like I said: Lazy

Like I said, tasty.

Seriously though I'll never play your boring way, you wanna sit at an apple tree for 30 minutes and pick apples? Be my guest, I'll just be lazy and eat your tasty hard work. I always try to interact in this game, I like stealing all peoples bandages, rags, food and anmo and make them have to survive after that, but every once and awhile I get a guy who won't stop whining after I capture him, or tries to run and when I break his legs he won't shut up. They ruin the expirience ;) for me anyways.

Like I said, tasty.

Seriously though I'll never play your boring way, you wanna sit at an apple tree for 30 minutes and pick apples? Be my guest, I'll just be lazy and eat your tasty hard work. I always try to interact in this game, I like stealing all peoples bandages, rags, food and anmo and make them have to survive after that, but every once and awhile I get a guy who won't stop whining after I capture him, or tries to run and when I break his legs he won't shut up. They ruin the expirience ;) for me anyways.

i don't have 400 spaces for apples either

we need baskets we can carry around in our hands 

Hmm I'm not sure if I'm lucky but I found today like 6 cows, 2 boars, 2 chickens and 1 deer. Too bad when I was cocking my cow steak I didn't know we need a cooking pot so it doesn't get ruined instantly... Or is it only that way in the furnance?

It's easier to pick apples and berries for food than hunt human players because human can always hit back...

And you don't need basket for those because you can pick them everywhere on the map just when you need them.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Like I said, tasty.

I did yesterday, although it only took me about 15 minutes to get from "orange starving and orange thirsty" to "no starving and dark green hydrated", so your "30 minute" timeframe is shit.

Oh, and when diseases actually get implemented, enjoy your Kuru, Hepatitis A, and various intestinal diseases and parasites.

Eating people should be an absolutely last resort, and you should get infected for doing so. 

I cannot wait for the game to get harder still.

I did yesterday, although it only took me about 15 minutes to get from "orange starving and orange thirsty" to "no starving and dark green hydrated", so your "30 minute" timeframe is shit.

Oh, and when diseases actually get implemented, enjoy your Kuru, Hepatitis A, and various intestinal diseases and parasites.

Eating people should be an absolutely last resort, and you should get infected for doing so. 

i want a character with aids so i can go around filling all the waterbottles with bodily fluids and infect an entire server with aids

Do humans yield more food if they're energized and less when starving? That should certainly be the case if it isn't.

Cannibalism is a perfectly viable playstyle. I, personally, stick to berries because they're more reliable but I wouldn't be averted to eating some guy if I needed to.

Hmm I'm not sure if I'm lucky but I found today like 6 cows, 2 boars, 2 chickens and 1 deer. Too bad when I was cocking my cow steak I didn't know we need a cooking pot so it doesn't get ruined instantly... Or is it only that way in the furnance?

It's easier to pick apples and berries for food than hunt human players because human can always hit back...

And you don't need basket for those because you can pick them everywhere on the map just when you need them.

When you cook meat "in the slots" of a fireplace, you are essentially throwing it right onto the coals. This is why it gets burned, and why you need a pot or a frying pan to cook now. You put wood into the fire (into the "slots" of the fireplace), and you put food onto the fire (using a pot or a pan)

Although, I agree that you should be able to cook meat using the stone oven, just by placing it onto a hot rock. I do it all the time IRL.

As for carrying apples and berries in a basket, do me a favor: go to the store, and pick up a bag of apples. It probably has 15-20 fruits in there. Pretty bulky, right? I wouldn't carry that around with me if I was in a survival situation. I would instead eat my fill, then pick some fruit and sun-dry it for later.

Screw the apples.. Killing an other player would give me food, loot and a few seconds of adrenaline. The day i'm standing in a game picking apples for 30 min is the day i uninstall and go study instead.

Edited by aasand

Well considering the fact that humans don't exactly fall onto my lap whenever I'm hungry, i also have had to resort to apple trees, and to go from orange hungry/thirsty to bright green hydrated/green energized it took me about 30 minutes. So my 'timeframe' actually isn't 'shit', it in fact is completely rational and honest, it just isn't exactly what you do... strange how that is eh? I do something you don't do exactly my way, so things are a bit different for me. What a strange and foreign concept.

And when diseases get fully implemented I may have to change my playstyle, as i have more than a few times through development, because that, after all, is the nature of the beast. But we wont burn that human steak.. err.. bridge until its time to cross it.

I am, so far, enjoying this patch, I too hope the game gets drastically harder. It may take some of the monotony of dayz and turn it into a fully engaging game, instead of doing it for fun, maybe ill do it because its all I know to do to survive. Before this patch once I was fully energized and hydrated i would stop picking any items up from the ground, instead the only way i would get food/ammo/bandages was to steal from other players, and eat them if all else fails. Because that's how i have fun in this game. Once again out comes that strange concept of people not doing things the way you'd prefer, because they like different things out of this openword sandbox survival game.