anarky321

if you're going to have persistence then the corpses have to STAY

persistence just doesn't work well if the bodies despawn in 5 minutes....this breaks the whole concept behind persistence

• Like 4

Maybe an infected carries it off to their hidden basement when you aren't looking.

Edited by zanbato
  • Like 2

Being able to retrieve your dead body after respawning breaks the persistence even more imho.

• Like 4

Being able to retrieve your dead body after respawning breaks the persistence even more imho.

Maybe true. But the server history for the finished game is also important.

Empty cans, dead bodies, dead zombies, burned down fire, wet closes in a hous etc.

A 10 min server history is worthless.

At least I loved in the mod the littel hints about what was going on.

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

It hasn't been a month yet...

I miss the flies from player corpses though, they combined the sweet expectation of loot with the cold, clammy fear that someone was looking at your neck through his scope. I liked that.

• Like 5

It's not about the loot. Make the loot dissapear, this was said so many times; We just want to come across more bodies.

Did you ever? Wouldnt you agree, this is an adrenaline packed momment where you cant possibly tell what happend to the survivor you just found.

Someone sniped him? IF so, is he still here? Did he die from starvation? I cant describe how awesome it is when you find a dead body in the middle of nowhere.

It's exciting. I dont want my body to stay so I can loot it, I want it to stay so someone can come across it and gets the same awesome experience i do.

Knowing the fruit & vegetable will rot in the future so could the bodies. I see no reason why they should despawn so fast.

I understand  there would be problems if you would want to have each body stay with all of his 150 items. But unlootable body?

One more object cant possibly effect server performance this hard, othervise we can stop dreaming about this game having any kind of item added, ever.

You can fight body piles @ the beach by simply despawning any body thats younger than 1hr gametime in a shorter frame of time.

I wish i could into understanding of why not.

Edited by halp
  • Like 6

Why don't we make just our own bodies unlootable (Like you can't loot your own corpse but someone can) or have it a proximity thing, if the person who's corpse that is is within "x" distance the body cant be looted.

It's not about the loot. Make the loot dissapear, this was said so many times; We just want to come across more bodies.

Did you ever? Wouldnt you agree, this is an adrenaline packed momment where you cant possibly tell what happend to the survivor you just found.

Someone sniped him? IF so, is he still here? Did he die from starvation? I cant describe how awesome it is when you find a dead body in the middle of nowhere.

It's exciting. I dont want my body to stay so I can loot it, I want it to stay so someone can come across it and gets the same awesome experience i do.

Knowing the fruit & vegetable will rot in the future so could the bodies. I see no reason why they should despawn so fast.

I understand  there would be problems if you would want to have each body stay with all of his 150 items. But unlootable body?

One more object cant possibly effect server performance this hard, othervise we can stop dreaming about this game having any kind of item added, ever.

You can fight body piles @ the beach by simply despawning any body thats younger than 1hr gametime in a shorter frame of time.

I wish i could into understanding of why not.

This my good sir, gets the beans.

Because then people won't complain about how unrealistic it is for loot to disappear if the body is still there  :lol:

I do agree that having dead bodies around helps the atmosphere though.

• Like 2

Because then people won't complain about how unrealistic it is for loot to disappear if the body is still there

Without a doubt they would :)

I do admit that knowing how short the despawn rate of ones body is adds to paranoia levels, especialy if the body is "end-game" geared.

I love checking their clothes to see what's ruined. If its shoes&pants, i salute the poor bastard. If its a helmet or a chest piece...

Paranoid-Parrot.jpg

RUN  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of this old but great suggestion.

U9hvnNF.jpg

Simply making the gear on the player ruined after some time would fix the loot problem.

• Like 9

Dynamic corpse spawns? :P

Because then people won't complain about how unrealistic it is for loot to disappear if the body is still there  :lol:

I would complain.. :P

When you die by a zombie... the zombies ruin all items.

When you die by a player... he loots your body, the rest of the items are handelt like all other items on the server.

i vote yes for bodies to stay! that way i might actually find something besides books, duct tape, and burlap sacks in this game. but wait, that's what everyone wants so i guess i should shut up lol

Who says the gear isn't broken or simply looted by the time you get there?

• Like 1

Who says the gear isn't broken or simply looted by the time you get there?

This. Your jackets and vests aren't safe from zombie attacks. What makes you think your gear will be worth salvaging for something other than a badly damaged can or some ruined ammo that you might salvage a few rounds from. Raiders,Bandits,contributors of the call of duty fanfiction wiki? Well they killed you for a reason right? What makes you think anything worth taking will still be there?

One of the most scary things in the mod, besides the empty rumors of bloodsuckers and snorks being implemented was the noise of flies on a player corpse.

The flies and corpses in the mod were important parts of the atmosphere and gameplay. A lot of corpses and flies often were a warning that a sniper had his rifle trained on you and it was time to start running for dear life.

Who cares if you make it back to your own body. You're a different person remember. Different blood type different story,

:-)

Reminds me of this old but great suggestion.

U9hvnNF.jpg

Simply making the gear on the player ruined after some time would fix the loot problem.

Starts to force-feed gibonez with beans