Sign in to follow this  
BroskyBro

magnum=worst gun to use on zombies?

Hi, since the update I have been trying to find a magnum and some ammo for it. I love(d) the magnum. Until I used it today. I shot a zombie 3 times and then 6 more came out and killed me while the one I shot 3 times didn't die (all chest shots.) Is this supposed to be a joke? This is a .357 magum guys, come on. I also noticed with my Makarov it takes nearly the entire mag to kill 1 zombie (which isn't as bad considering it has a small bullet but still) I think the devs over did the zombies, they hit as they run, take 3 .357 rounds to kill and are literally everywhere. I like that they added more zombies, but I think the buff was a little much...

Go for headshots. Just stalk, creep up and point blank, bam!! But no, not with a magnum.

Unless you know its the only Z in a 500m radius. ;)

I am using it rather successfully but I do have a lot of ammunition for it. I tend to scavenge stealthily now to try and not attract any infected. I'm loving it. 

• Like 1

Go for headshots. Just stalk, creep up and point blank, bam!! But no, not with a magnum.

Unless you know its the only Z in a 500m radius. ;)

5000m*

Hi, since the update I have been trying to find a magnum and some ammo for it. I love(d) the magnum. Until I used it today. I shot a zombie 3 times and then 6 more came out and killed me while the one I shot 3 times didn't die (all chest shots.) Is this supposed to be a joke? This is a .357 magum guys, come on. I also noticed with my Makarov it takes nearly the entire mag to kill 1 zombie (which isn't as bad considering it has a small bullet but still) I think the devs over did the zombies, they hit as they run, take 3 .357 rounds to kill and are literally everywhere. I like that they added more zombies, but I think the buff was a little much...

You've got to pick your battles these days. Don't be shooting Z's in the middle of a town with a pistol or shotgun unless you absolutely have to.  Shotguns have always been about  dealing with sh*t then running away.

New Z's are strong but their aggro is weaker. If you see one, stop, crouch and wait for it to pass on don't just kill it.  Loot a buildings whilst crouching if you think a  Z is hanging around.

You've got to pick your battles these days. Don't be shooting Z's in the middle of a town with a pistol or shotgun unless you absolutely have to.  Shotguns have always been about  dealing with sh*t then running away.

New Z's are strong but their aggro is weaker. If you see one, stop, crouch and wait for it to pass on don't just kill it.  Loot a buildings whilst crouching if you think a  Z is hanging around.

He saw me inside a building, it wasn't my choice lol
  • Like 1

Really need to aim for the head now. Killed a Z with 3 shots from the trumpet(spelling?). I think it was 1 or 2 headshots and 1 to the chest.

Magnum is an anti-player weapon. It's compact and has a huge punch, it'll drop a fully geared player fast if you get the drop on them but the downside is it is VERY loud.

If you want a pistol for zeds, Amphibia S or any of the 9mm, 380 auto or 45acp weapons will be better for zombies, particularly if you find a pistol suppressor.

Personally my anti-zombie weapon is an MP5k with a pistol suppressor on my 1pp character and It's working very well, since they're overspawning at the moment I'd highly recommend it as it also doubles as a fantastic breaching & "town" weapon when using a Mosin or SKS as a primary. 

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

I had a suppressed CR75 before a hill ate my character and it worked dandy on zombies. Four chest shots and good to go.

Try something else.

Your problem is with letting go.

You need to let go of your old ways and try new ones. If you slow down. Go house by house & avoid everything that isn't static. You'll be fine. I'm up in Servo right now with so much stuff I can't carry. I gotta continuously stay stuffed just because I feel bad about leaving stuff behind. My bag is full. Worst time ever that's for sure. :P

Doesn't the repeater use the same ammo as Magnum? You could use that and the Magnum, if you have shitloads of ammo anyway. Hit them from far away with the repeater. Let them come and switch to the Magnum for the final few. It should be an effective combination and the ironsight on the repeater is pretty sweet.

I have a silenced Ak 101 with over 200 bullets for it. And an Fnx45 with supressor and MRD scope. 2 of the pistols, the MRD scope and most of that ammo where at the same heli crash! The AK I still have from before the patch. Everything else I found today and in a few hours (bit of luck too). I absolutely love this setup, and it is kinda great that the game forces you to test out different configurations of weapons and equipment. Even if that either means you died to a player or to a glitch, first. I know I will try to get this same setup again, but I don't mind trying out something else while working on getting bigger guns. 

Edited by S3V3N