Sign in to follow this  
Mookie (original)

More server admin shenanigans?

Please don't hide or delete this thread Mods. We're comparing notes and should have the right to do so on a community forum.

Perhaps there's a good reason for it, but more and more frequently I'm being kicked from public hive servers because my character name "cannot contain [{(:.:)}]."

This seems increasingly prevalent. None of these chars are in either my Steam or screen name. It's tempting to suspect yet more admin abuse or workarounds.

This is wrong.

• Like 1

Please don't hide or delete this thread Mods. We're comparing notes and should have the right to do so on a community forum.

Perhaps there's a good reason for it, but more and more frequently I'm being kicked from public hive servers because my character name "cannot contain [{(:. :)}]."

This seems increasingly prevalent. None of these chars are in either my Steam or screen name. It's tempting to suspect yet more admin abuse or workarounds.

This is wrong.

Guessing it is auto-kick because they want loot to themselves.

• Like 1

Guessing it is auto-kick because they want loot to themselves.

I'm guessing that too. But what kind of admin terms of service could allow it?

It's one thing for the content of the game to become more and more masochistic with each patch. But the failure to deal with these issues seems more and more blatant. And we know why - because the providers make their money from people buying servers. Where's the actual incentive for them to deal with these problems?

• Like 1

This is wrong.

No, it's not.

It's not even Admins kicking you on purpose. What's your name, exactly?

I see players with invalid characters in their Player Name getting kicked all of the time.   I think everyone server-wide sees these messages.  It's Battle-Eye doing the kicking.   Just remove any characters from your Player Name or am I missing something?

No, its one of those "join=kick" admins just using a standard auto-kick msg thinking people wont notice.

And most of them dont. And those who do, get told to double check their names (who's gonna believe a random guy did it right, right?).

Personaly i think its an awesome and easy way to avoid getting your server reported (if your into that stuff).

Its so obvious people are doing it lol.

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

I see players with invalid characters in their Player Name getting kicked all of the time.   I think everyone server-wide sees these messages.  It's Battle-Eye doing the kicking.   Just remove any characters from your Player Name or am I missing something?

What you and Kilchiron are missing (although I can't actually read Kichiron's posts, as his Steam name ironically covers up the first part of his sentences) is that, as I said, none of those characters are in my Steam name or my in game name - both of which, boringly, are "Mookie".

Edited by Mookie
  • Like 1

Where do I find the "port" to report a server?

Click on the server and press details

You will see something like this in ip address

192.168.1.1:666

The numbers after : is the port

So in this example 666 is the port.

Edited by Jesus Christ The Goblin

No, it's not.

Seriously, if my name only contains standard characters (abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz) and the server kicks me for "cannot contain []()!/(/¤/¤" or whatever, something is fishy. I even found a server that said "cannot cointain letters 'abcdefgh'". What the hell?

IMO if the server owner pays the money for access to the loot then so be it. Let him play his server how he/she likes.

They want to farm loot, well they pay the money so it should be aloud.

They want to allow 50 players in to play well they pay the money so it should be aloud.

Maybe this is just my anarchist inside me saying leave me alone but.

I mean hell if it's their money their server. They don't want you there get over it.

Like a liberal crybabies wet dream in here. " they kicked me rawr "

IMO if the server owner pays the money for access to the loot then so be it. Let him play his server how he/she likes.

They want to allow 50 players in to play well they pay the money so it should be aloud.

I mean hell if it's their money their server. They don't want you there get over it.

No, all of that is literally against all of the rules the owners AGREE TO, when they buy the server. They break the rules, they lose their server, and get no refund as well.

• Like 4

Its against the rules , and there is a reason its against the rules and thats the planned global loot economy eg if ultra rare object x only spawns on 5 servers in north america then by locking PUBLIC servers they can in effect rob the whole player base of access to intended items.

Plus if they want the sort of do what i want by myself on a server experience they just need to get a private shard server ( oh but they dont because then they cant loot farm so they can jump to an actual open public server to PvP)

But hey be an anarchist (id say idiot because you show me one thing in life you rent that you allowed to do exactly what you want, there is nothing EVERY  RENTAL agreement has rules) and when they take ya money and shut your server down with no refund then you can come here like a crybaby going they ripped me off rawr.....

I'm not sure if this an admin controlled kick but it seems like it may be. If your name is simply Mookie.

Server farming / admin abuse is a tricky subject. They do pay for their servers that's true but that shouldn't put players who don't at a disadvantage should it? After all, players pay for the game right? A certain gameplay experience needs to be ensured even if certain elements will change between servers due to admin rights (which is expected).

I'll be curious to see how admin rights and setting options progress in the future.

Edited by 8bit_Survivor

No, it's not.

Hahah really you are kidding me?

My character name is Sonic and my steam name is SonicSonedit, yet I'm getting kicked because my "character name "cannot contain [{(:.:)}]."

• Like 1

Its against the rules , and there is a reason its against the rules and thats the planned global loot economy eg if ultra rare object x only spawns on 5 servers in north america then by locking PUBLIC servers they can in effect rob the whole player base of access to intended items.

Plus if they want the sort of do what i want by myself on a server experience they just need to get a private shard server ( oh but they dont because then they cant loot farm so they can jump to an actual open public server to PvP)

But hey be an anarchist (id say idiot because you show me one thing in life you rent that you allowed to do exactly what you want, there is nothing EVERY RENTAL agreement has rules) and when they take ya money and shut your server down with no refund then you can come here like a crybaby going they ripped me off rawr.....

But hey be an anarchist (id say idiot because you show me one thing in life you rent that you allowed to do exactly what you want, there is nothing EVERY RENTAL agreement has rules) and when they take ya money and shut your server down with no refund then you can come here like a crybaby going they ripped me off rawr.....

Wait a second, so it's ok to call someone an idiot here? Wow, what else can I call people. That's awesome.

Hey di** you shouldn't jump to conclusions I don't do such deeds. I was simply stating my opinion.

Edited by ASTINvlogs

Wait a second, so it's ok to call someone an idiot here? Wow, what else can I call people. That's awesome.

Hey di** you shouldn't jump to conclusions I don't do such deeds. I was simply stating my opinion.

Your opinion is people should be able to break the rules...Everyone is entitled to an opinion how valid they are is debatable , but seeing the merit of yours is im an anarchist , which again is idiotic ,kinda gives it little value. I can say i am a catholic or satanist but how does that relate to being able to break the rules of RENTING A SERVER. Again please show me an example of where you can RENT something and do as you please with it ,with no rules involved.

Till then your opinion is worth zero cause your just talking shit. PS if you allowed to call people cry babies(an insult, specially as they are ENTITLED to have server rules enforced)

Almost every server I tried yesterday was whitelisted or with insta-kick, it's funny.