nudelwalker

This is a survival game

Yeah, in real life, could anything take more then three axe hits before they died?

. In real life? Most of people who plays ( not talking about you, but who knows) are skinny geeks who havent holded in their hands anything heavier then their dicks in whole life! So how they suppssed to kill anything! Just sayin this because there is lots of people complaining about things what they cant do in game, but I'm sure they wouldn't do in real life even half as much! Sorry for bad english. :) Edited by trupciks
  • Like 1

Zombies are harder now, but they aren't a big deal 1 vs 1, just stock up on bandages and rags. Don't forget to switch to 1pp and aim for their head. They are only really a threat when you are low on blood from no food/drink.

What really needs to improve is the performance! Most of the time, fighting a zombie wouldn't be a problem, if the frames wouldn't be at 15 fps in cities like electro, cherno and berezino.

good point

Very good point, yes i think they will eventually give all newspawns a food with their battery & flashlight.

This way you can spread besser over the map

What?!

My head hurts....

I'm happy to be a dick about all the crying the PvP kids do.

The PvP crowd has run this message board for so long it made this place largely obsolete for discussion about a survival game.

I've been trying to tell people for a very long time that these changes were coming and all of you went about playing DayCoD anyway and thought that it would stay that way or that Bohemia would somehow cater to fucking kids who spent dads 30$.

Just GTFO and find your next casual instant gratification game of grab ass.

• Like 4

. In real life? Most of people who plays ( not talking about you, but who knows) are skinny geeks who havent holded in their hands anything heavier then their dicks in whole life! So how they suppssed to kill anything! Just sayin this because there is lots of people complaining about things what they cant do in game, but I'm sure they wouldn't do in real life even half as much! Sorry for bad english. :)

But these guys/girls we are playing as all seem reasonably fit, and I believe that a few strong hits with an axe from one of them would at least cripple most beings. I'm not saying that most people could in real life, but it makes sense gamewise.

fat and slow people-Zed food.

Meh i was in it for the pvp, farm simulator dose exist and they have brand new new hollands you can drive and no broken zombies when u get out. also with farm simulator you will see no one just like in ,55. call me a grab ass but i would like to play for SOME sort of gratification.

I took this from wiki..

DayZ is a MMO open world survival horror video game in development by Bohemia Interactive and the stand-alone version of the award-winning mod of the same name. The game was test-released on December 16, 2013, for Microsoft Windows via digital distribution platform Steam, and is currently in early alpha testing.

The game places the player in the fictional 225km2 post-Soviet state of Chernarus, where an unknown virus has turned most of the population into violent zombies. As a survivor, the player must scavenge the world for food, water, weapons, and medicine, while killing or avoiding zombies, and killing, avoiding or co-opting other players in an effort to survive the zombie apocalypse.

I cannot emphasize the word SURVIVAL and HORROR in that paragraph enough, DayZ was always going to be hard, just as it was in the early Mod days, when the game became what it is now! it was just a matter of time. I'd suggest people get used to it, or else your setting yourselves up for major disappointment.

Can you honestly say you have needed to survive before? or felt any sort of horror?

Edited by NuckFuts

What you don't realise is most people play DayZ for the intense firefights that can happen (as Oshi said) than just running around for hours constantly picking stuff up from the floor. 

nope you are severly mistaken.

so funny how people cry about it will be SURVIVAL...what you thought this game will be ? EPOCH ? no thanks...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I think Dayz has a better chance to not only stand apart from the other zombie games but also to truly shine and be original if it mainly focuses on the survival aspects of the game.

Survival, realism those are the two golden eggs that Dayz has.

Flush those two out greatly and Dayz has a chance to really stand out amongst the sea of zombie clones.

• Like 1

Bambie doesn't need a ration pack. There are apple trees all over the spawn areas. The point is to be very hard starting out and to gradually get a little easier as you progress. Here are some steps I take as a freshy in the new patch.
1. ditch the flashlight
2. tear shirt to rags [you will most likely get bloody as a freshy]
3. find apple trees and eat until you are energized/hydrated.
4. check a few building for basic shit if the area doesn't look cleaned out already. 
5. point your ass at the ocean and go until you find an inland town to actually get some good gear.
6. run from town to town and be super lonely until you eventually find someone who will either try to kill you or disappear immediately because it took you so long to find them that the server now has to reset.
7. Die.

As far as the zeds go, I've gotten the hang of stealth or shoot over the course of the week. It isn't too bad out there after you hone your zombie detection/evasion/elimination techniques. Honestly though, i think the game should head in the opposite direction with the dead. I feel like instead of 3-4 fast op zeds per small town,  there should be 10-15 weaker zombies. Melee has been more or less obsolete since the patch, which isn't good. I think we can all agree that when we pick up an axe or bat irl we say to ourselves "I'd love to bash a zombie skull with this." They have taken that from us lol. It should only take one or two well placed wacks with a GOOD melee wep to dispatch a freak. I admit that it would be lame with the current zombie pop, but if it were 2 wacks to drop a zombie while 5 more are closing in on you at a quick walk/jog, you would definitely feel the fear. They should be dumb. Their eyes should be rotting and not that great. It should be somewhat easy to get around them in a small town with some patience and skill. At first you avoid the mass of zombies and snag only what you can. If you make it past that and actually find some guns and friends, you will be labeled as a survivor. The next step is running into a city or large town, side by side, meeting a wall of dead with a wall of lead... That sounds like a good fucking time to me.    

I'm not sure why both players, and developers, are now so against "hot-spots." That was never the expressed intention of the centralized loot economy.

I mean, I sure as hell hope there'll be high-risk, high-reward areas in DayZ. Part of that is what makes DayZ fun for me, not the PvP, but the specter of PvP. The risk that is involved in going for something rewarding.

To be fair, I'm also for high-time, low-reward, low-risk alternatives like deer stands for loot. But my god, I don't want to throw out the very notion of certain areas being risky.

That, and I think people are blowing the whole "more zombies" thing out of proportion. They're not done. Zombies, while more of a threat, still aren't really a threat. There will be more, this is just a taste.

• Like 1

What?!

My head hurts....

I'm happy to be a dick about all the crying the PvP kids do.

The PvP crowd has run this message board for so long it made this place largely obsolete for discussion about a survival game.

I've been trying to tell people for a very long time that these changes were coming and all of you went about playing DayCoD anyway and thought that it would stay that way or that Bohemia would somehow cater to fucking kids who spent dads 30$.

Just GTFO and find your next casual instant gratification game of grab ass.

If you want to see just how much the "PvP kids" essentially controlled the board, take a look at the "suggestion" forum.

Basically, and I am only slightly exaggerating, every other second/third post is "PLS include a mortar/new assault rifle/taser/FLAMETHROWER/make buildings easier to loot, etc etc etc etc)

• Like 1

If you want to see just how much the "PvP kids" essentially controlled the board, take a look at the "suggestion" forum.

Basically, and I am only slightly exaggerating, every other second/third post is "PLS include a mortar/new assault rifle/taser/FLAMETHROWER/make buildings easier to loot, etc etc etc etc)

Yeah... though I DO want like 1 flamethrower per map, what you say is the truth.

Zombie horde + flamethrower = hours of fuel throwing fun!

• Like 1

I'm not sure why both players, and developers, are now so against "hot-spots." That was never the expressed intention of the centralized loot economy.

I mean, I sure as hell hope there'll be high-risk, high-reward areas in DayZ. Part of that is what makes DayZ fun for me, not the PvP, but the specter of PvP. The risk that is involved in going for something rewarding.

To be fair, I'm also for high-time, low-reward, low-risk alternatives like deer stands for loot. But my god, I don't want to throw out the very notion of certain areas being risky.

That, and I think people are blowing the whole "more zombies" thing out of proportion. They're not done. Zombies, while more of a threat, still aren't really a threat. There will be more, this is just a taste.

Why?  Because they aren't hotspots.  They are insta-gear up spots.  Players avoided the majority of the map just to make a mad dash to the military bases.  It was a stupid system and it makes sense to have gear randomly distributed across the map.  The military didn't just sit at their base and die.  If anything the majority of the military would have most likely died in the towns and cities while trying to evacuate civilians.

• Like 5

Why?  Because they aren't hotspots.  They are insta-gear up spots.  Players avoided the majority of the map just to make a mad dash to the military bases.  It was a stupid system and it makes sense to have gear randomly distributed across the map.  The military didn't just sit at their base and die.  If anything the majority of the military would have most likely died in the towns and cities while trying to evacuate civilians.

THIS.

It still astounds me that people expect to find medical equipment in hospitals, food in grocery stores, and so and and so forth.

• Like 2

they all apparently died in outhouses and garden sheds.

What you don't realise is most people play DayZ for the intense firefights that can happen (as Oshi said) than just running around for hours constantly picking stuff up from the floor. 

No, they don't.  If that is what you want, just play regular Arma 2 or 3.

DayZ, since the mod has never been about firefights.  They just happen a bit more often in this Alpha version because of mechanics being tested.  .55 is the closest DayZ has come yet to the real game, where the last thing you want to end up in is a firefight and risk death and respawn after days of effort to get set up to survive.

• Like 2

THIS.

It still astounds me that people expect to find medical equipment in hospitals, food in grocery stores, and so and and so forth.

Why?  Because they aren't hotspots.  They are insta-gear up spots.  Players avoided the majority of the map just to make a mad dash to the military bases.  It was a stupid system and it makes sense to have gear randomly distributed across the map.

There are a myriad of circumstances to explain why military gear would be at a military base, why hospitals have medical supplies, and food is in grocery stores, post-apocalypse.

The first and easiest, which is mainly applicable to the first two, is the idea of surplus. Maybe the military wasn't concerned with expending every last M4 they had in their armory? Maybe they had 100 soldiers and 150 assault rifles? Maybe they were overrun before they could be deployed. Maybe they left tons behind after they were evacuated because they were more concerned with saving their own behinds than destroying/hauling gear that couldn't be used by zombies anyhow?

The explanations are endless. It's just as much of a supposition to say that "everything would be looted/distributed already" as saying "some stuff would be left behind." They're both just assumptions, each one as plausible as the other.

And Caboose, you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I never said the existing system was perfect, or even preferable. But having loot totally distributed randomly across the map gives me an incentive to go nowhere in particular. Having certain types of loot favor certain buildings, but not spawning exclusively in those buildings is a middle-ground between the two.

Should I find an M4 in a barracks/armory every time (see your "insta-gear up spot" anecdote)? No.

Should I have a higher chance of finding an M4 in a barracks/armory building than in a wood shed? Probably so.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

New zombies are over powered? blahahaha Not true!

Stay strong and NEVER say die! You will survive B)

• Like 1

There are a myriad of circumstances to explain why military gear would be at a military base, why hospitals have medical supplies, and food is in grocery stores, post-apocalypse.

The first and easiest, which is mainly applicable to the first two, is the idea of surplus. Maybe the military wasn't concerned with expending every last M4 they had in their armory? Maybe they had 100 soldiers and 150 assault rifles? Maybe they were overrun before they could be deployed. Maybe they left tons behind after they were evacuated because they were more concerned with saving their own behinds than destroying/hauling gear that couldn't be used by zombies anyhow?

The explanations are endless. It's just as much of a supposition to say that "everything would be looted/distributed already" as saying "some stuff would be left behind." They're both just assumptions, each one as plausible as the other.

And Caboose, you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I never said the existing system was perfect, or even preferable. But having loot totally distributed randomly across the map gives me an incentive to go nowhere in particular. Having certain types of loot favor certain buildings, but not spawning exclusively in those buildings is a middle-ground between the two.

Should I find an M4 in a barracks/armory every time (see your "insta-gear up spot" anecdote)? No.

Should I have a higher chance of finding an M4 in a barracks/armory building than in a wood shed? Probably so.

Isn't that how it works?

I've found military gear in military areas and in random locations.

New zombies are over powered? blahahaha Not true!

Stay strong and NEVER say die! You will survive B)

Totally agree, I had a zombie break my legs as I logged in just before, I could have given up and died but instead I got on my knees and killed it with my axe.

Isn't that how it works?

They haven't made clear what the "centralized loot economy" is actually doing, or is intended to do, behind the scenes. Originally, as was stated by the developers, the intention was to control the overall amount of certain items (like high-value items such as the SVD) on the map at any given time. That has obviously expanded to include every item spawning in the game, so it's unclear as to their intentions with this.

All they've said is that only weapons have been configured, and I've been finding copious amounts of AKs around UAZ wrecks and BMP wrecks. Too many to count. So it's obvious that it's not working as intended, and they've said as much. 

However, military loot is spawning disproportionately (it seems) in residential locations. Whilst military locations are spawning residential loot at a rate that's overshadowing the military loot they'd normally spawn. Some of this is undoubtedly to do with spawn timing/dynamic allocation, as people are obviously still looting the barracks buildings heavily and not the rest of the map. However, I'm tripping over military gear in houses and hardly encountering any at military locations.

It's clear that it's certainly not random at this point, although the improperly configured values give the illusion that "anything can spawn anywhere." Which causes some to think that it's totally random.

Edited by Katana67

They haven't made clear what the "centralized loot economy" is actually doing, or is intended to do, behind the scenes. Originally, as was stated by the developers, the intention was to control the overall amount of certain items (like high-value items such as the SVD) on the map at any given time. That has obviously expanded to include every item spawning in the game, so it's unclear as to their intentions with this.

I thought the intentions were to better control gameplay by having inventory of every single item that spawns in the world. It just seems the devs having absolute knowledge of every single item that spawns in game is a great way to fine tune the gameplay so it meets whatever vision they have. I also can't help but feel that it would be one surefire way to possibly end duplication of items and at the same time make it easier to punish those that find ways around said system.

• Like 1

I thought the intentions were to better control gameplay by having inventory of every single item that spawns in the world. It just seems the devs having absolute knowledge of every single item that spawns in game is a great way to fine tune the gameplay so it meets whatever vision they have. I also can't help but feel that it would be one surefire way to possibly end duplication of items and at the same time make it easier to punish those that find ways around said system.

Yes. An anti-duping measure is a consequence of the centralized loot economy. But you've got to be kidding me thinking that it's the only reason they did it.

They wouldn't have been holding back the SVD, and explaining it in terms of limiting the number of high-value items spawning, if it were.

They didn't even set out with the intention of having every item be under the control of the centralized loot economy. That was a later addition, which I distinctly remember Dean saying in one of the Rezzed presentations, something to the effect of "they'd try it."

Edited by Katana67

Isn't that how it works?

From what I've seen across about 10 servers is a total lack of military gear in military bases. Choppers spawn it consistently though. When the patch dropped, mp5 weapons And cr75 clips magazines were all over police stations. Now, I can't find either.
  • Like 1