Sign in to follow this  
Connect3d

Will admins to have option for a dexterity free server?

Can we also have an auto-aim feature so I can play with my xbox controller?

• Like 2

So you guys shouldn't care if people play the game without dexterity. It doesn't hurt anyone if they set and up play the game differently than you. If you don't like it, don't play on their server.

You are right! I don't care at all. Because you will not be playing without dexterity B)

I can see what you mean. I only play first person, and I think people who play third person are silly. With that said, I don't care if they do. It's their way of playing, and that's up to them. I don't want to tell them to play a whole different game. That's their way of playing, and nothing wrong with that.

So you guys shouldn't care if people play the game without dexterity. It doesn't hurt anyone if they set and up play the game differently than you. If you don't like it, don't play on their server.

Third person was always a option - you really can´t compare 3rd person with the option to turn off bullet sway.

Just by the way the word dexterity is totally out of concept and miss used here - what you mean is increase dexterity not disabling it. Disabling dexterity would mean that you won´t hit anything since you would have no dexterity :D

Can we also have an auto-aim feature so I can play with my xbox controller?

THIS!

• Like 1

the way i see it Public hive (character and gear carries to other servers) should be kept to a strict narrow rule-set.

Private shard/Private hives should be allowed to modify/edit ANYTHING. Your money, your server, your playpen. period. (because what you do there actually stays there and only there)

*edited bcause i cant spell

Edited by Sovetsky

You are right! I don't care at all. Because you will not be playing without dexterity B)

You "don't care at all" huh? Seems like you're the single person in this thread who cares the most about not letting people play without dexterity.

Third person was always a option - you really can´t compare 3rd person with the option to turn off bullet sway.

Just by the way the word dexterity is totally out of concept and miss used here - what you mean is increase dexterity not disabling it. Disabling dexterity would mean that you won´t hit anything since you would have no dexterity :D

THIS!

Dexterity isn't the sway the weapon makes when you're out of breath etc. It's the mechanic which makes your character unable to turn with his weapon as fast as the cursor can. Making the weapon drag behind the cursor.

Dexterity isn't the sway the weapon makes when you're out of breath etc. It's the mechanic which makes your character unable to turn with his weapon as fast as the cursor can. Making the weapon drag behind the cursor.

That lends to its realism. Again, this isn't cod or cs:go.

If you don't like it, don't play on their server.

.....or if you don't like it go play one of the millions of games implemented that way instead of asking to change one of the few that isn't. 

Right??????

• Like 2

I second OP's suggestion.

The guns sway is ridiculously unintuitive. Although it may seem ultra-realistic to some people, it breads many unrealistic ingame outcomes.  For example, If you walk into a buiding with a mosin your chances for winning a fight against a player with an axe are much lower when irl it should be the opposite. This is simply because the axe player knows he could run faster than you could aim at him and eventually will zigzag all the way towards you.

If you choose to fire with no iron sight the gun floats around the screen like your character is shooting from the hip even though your character is clearly holding it on the shoulder. And If you go iron sight you get terrible tunnel vision and is way to slow for CQC. Players abuse this fact and use it to their advantage. 

• Like 1

You "don't care at all" huh? Seems like you're the single person in this thread who cares the most about not letting people play without dexterity.

You mean momentum not dexterity ;)

Again removing dexterity would leave you in a position where you can not hit anything since dexterity would make you hit better.

What we need is a single type of server with a fixed set of rules. These gameplay-options just clutter up everything. One character at a time for everybody and one type of server without the need to filter a hundred gameplay variants. The future mod-stuff will clutter up everything enough. Like in Arma 2/3. Though a server option is not a mod, it has similar effects.

.....or if you don't like it go play one of the millions of games implemented that way instead of asking to change one of the few that isn't. 

Right??????

But I do like playing DayZ. Why do you care if some servers play the game differently than you?

What we need is a single type of server with a fixed set of rules. These gameplay-options just clutter up everything. One character at a time for everybody and one type of server without the need to filter a hundred gameplay variants. The future mod-stuff will clutter up everything enough. Like in Arma 2/3. Though a server option is not a mod, it has similar effects.

Why wouldn't you want the game to branch out like it does now with third and first person? Why shouldn't people play the game like they prefer to play?

But I do like playing DayZ. Why do you care if some servers play the game differently than you?

Why wouldn't you want the game to branch out like it does now with third and first person? Why shouldn't people play the game like they prefer to play?

You don't like playing DayZ though. You like playing FPSers that don't have weapon drag..... of which there are thousands. Go play one of the thousands instead of playing the game that does have weapon drag. 

You: "I really like Tin Roof Sunday ice cream, but I don't like peanuts in it."

Confused Icecream guy: "Um, all Tin Roof Sunday comes with peanuts???? We have thirty other flavors that don't have peanuts, why didn't you order one of the other flavors?"

You: "Well, I really like Tin Roof Sunday ice cream, I just don't like nuts. Can you pick them out?"

• Like 2

You don't like playing DayZ though. You like playing FPSers that don't have weapon drag..... of which there are thousands. Go play one of the thousands instead of playing the game that does have weapon drag. 

You: "I really like Tin Roof Sunday ice cream, but I don't like peanuts in it."

Confused Icecream guy: "Um, all Tin Roof Sunday comes with peanuts???? We have thirty other flavors that don't have peanuts, why didn't you order one of the other flavors?"

You: "Well, I really like Tin Roof Sunday ice cream, I just don't like nuts. Can you pick them out?"

I do like playing DayZ. But I do not like this one certain mechanic in DayZ. So should I choose another game because of this? I don't think so.

But again I ask you. Why do you care if people play the game differently than you?

It's basically the feature which makes one guy with an axe able to take out whole armed squads, if you've seen those videos.

Actually not true. That would be the ridiculous running speed and lack of stamina. Though I think melee weapons should be affected by dexterity as well (especially while striking).

I think it's a pretty good thing that turning is an action that takes actual time. The system needs some tweaking though (after stamina is in place and running speed is nerfed) - just like most weapon properties.

I like playing with ESP cause having to find people the hard way isn't my playstyle. When can I admin server that let's me use ESP? It's my server. It doesn't affect you if it's on my server. Let me play how I want.

What's your problem with weapon dexterity anyway?

I do like playing DayZ. But I do not like this one certain mechanic in DayZ. So should I choose another game because of this? I don't think so.

But again I ask you. Why do you care if people play the game differently than you?

Yes, go and play another game. DayZ is a different game than other shooters and it's trying to recreate as much realism as possible afaik. The reason we don't want different versions of the game is because we end up back with how it was in the mod and epoch and being about as far removed from a zombie apocalypse as you could get.

BTW that weapon drag drove me nuts when they first put it in because I didn't think it represented weapon movement at all. Now I understand why they put it in, I still don't like it but at least it makes more sense and isn't really that bad - it does need tweaking though.

Edited by Jexter

I like playing with ESP cause having to find people the hard way isn't my playstyle. When can I admin server that let's me use ESP? It's my server. It doesn't affect you if it's on my server. Let me play how I want.

What's your problem with weapon dexterity anyway?

That's exactly my point. You should be able to play the game anyway you see fit. If it's with dinosaurs and cruise missiles, that's up to you. If you can afford a server, it should be entirely up to you how that server runs.

And my problem with it is that it makes gun play just plain bad. You must've seen videos online of people killing entire squads with nothing but an axe. The squad desperately try and aim but is unable to because at all time their weapon is dragging behind their cursor. I'll give you an example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I4cJhMGqhc

Actually not true. That would be the ridiculous running speed and lack of stamina. Though I think melee weapons should be affected by dexterity as well (especially while striking).

I think it's a pretty good thing that turning is an action that takes actual time. The system needs some tweaking though (after stamina is in place and running speed is nerfed) - just like most weapon properties.

I disagree. I have absolutely no problem hitting anything in BF4, and their running speed and lack of stamina is the same. It's like I explained above.

Yes, go and play another game. DayZ is a different game than other shooters and it's trying to recreate as much realism as possible afaik. The reason we don't want different versions of the game is because we end up back with how it was in the mod and epoch and being about as far removed from a zombie apocalypse as you could get.

BTW that weapon drag drove me nuts when they first put it in because I didn't think it represented weapon movement at all. Now I understand why they put it in, I still don't like it but at least it makes more sense and isn't really that bad - it does need tweaking though.

I agree completely that the mod at times were nothing like the original mod, and that it was almost silly. But that doesn't matter. It's not up to us. If some people wants to play on a server that has invisibility cloaks, teleporting and godzilla, that's their choice. People should be allowed to play the game their way.

I agree completely that the mod at times were nothing like the original mod, and that it was almost silly. But that doesn't matter. It's not up to us. If some people wants to play on a server that has invisibility cloaks, teleporting and godzilla, that's their choice. People should be allowed to play the game their way.

This. a thousand times this. im sorry but as long as those servers aren't hive-connected more power to them! spawn with AS50 and 50,000 helis per server if you wana play that way. i think dayZ CS:GO editions is stupid personally, but if you can build a working mod and it's successful what evers have fun.

• Like 1

Let's ask a better question. Why do you play a game that you don't like the mechanics for when nearly every other game out there doesn't have that specific mechanic that bugs you?

See the problem with them adding a server toggle for this option is that there are tons of features some people will not like and will also want a toggle for. Normally this would be a slippery slope fallacy but it actually has merit in this case because people are ALREADY asking for the ability to turn off certain features other than this one. 

Some people want to remove the complex medical system. 

Some want to adjust the food & drink system.

Some actually want to just remove the zombies. 

I played the mod and I even played mods of the mod. There are a ton of people who have a very low opinion of the DayZ Epoch mod and the reasons they give are ALL related to non-vanilla "We didn't like that feature" servers. Safe zones is a huge one, but vanilla Epoch had no safe zones... people added them in. Epoch had very large backpacks and storrage... but added weight to everything and a stamina system. You could carry everything needed to fix a car on your person, but you would have to stop and rest every 20 meters or you would pass out. Tons of people removed the stamina/weight system as it was "inconvenient" which lead to other balance issues since backpacks were larger. So let's play the game the way the devs develop it and wait a while before we start adding in ways around all the things that make it harder. 

• Like 4

Let's ask a better question. Why do you play a game that you don't like the mechanics for when nearly every other game out there doesn't have that specific mechanic that bugs you?

See the problem with them adding a server toggle for this option is that there are tons of features some people will not like and will also want a toggle for. Normally this would be a slippery slope fallacy but it actually has merit in this case because people are ALREADY asking for the ability to turn off certain features other than this one. 

I played the mod and I even played mods of the mod. There are a ton of people who have a very low opinion of the DayZ Epoch mod and the reasons they give are ALL related to non-vanilla "We didn't like that feature" servers. Safe zones is a huge one, but vanilla Epoch had no safe zones... people added them in. Epoch had very large backpacks and storrage... but added weight to everything and a stamina system. You could carry everything needed to fix a car on your person, but you would have to stop and rest every 20 meters or you would pass out. Tons of people removed the stamina/weight system as it was "inconvenient" which lead to other balance issues since backpacks were larger. So let's play the game the way the devs develop it and wait a while before we start adding in ways around all the things that make it harder. 

I would certainly say that alpha is NOT the time for mods; however i hope the end product is every bit as mod-able as arma 2. infact if it isn't i would consider it a stain on BIS's record. i dont want another AAA re-hash 'play it our way and buy dlc after paying for the the game'. mods are a great thing. you don't have to like a given mod but it still should exist. if its popular it's obviously provided something that neither the base-game nor other less popular mods could- and this goes for BOTH mods that are more casual and mods that make the game much harder.

Why would I change to another game if it's only 3% of the actual game I do not like?

Why wouldn't we give as many toggles as possible for server admins? Let the people decide what they want themselves. Devs can go with their vision for the game, while leaving a toggle for people who doesn't share that vision. That's better for everyone. The people can play the game exactly their way, and the devs gets more sales, since it'll make the game more accessible because the features which otherwise might have stopped people from buying can be turned off.

Why would I change to another game if it's only 3% of the actual game I do not like?

Why wouldn't we give as many toggles as possible for server admins? Let the people decide what they want themselves. Devs can go with their vision for the game, while leaving a toggle for people who doesn't share that vision. That's better for everyone. The people can play the game exactly their way, and the devs gets more sales, since it'll make the game more accessible because the features which otherwise might have stopped people from buying can be turned off.

Who doesn't buy dayz because of the weapon momentum? That's like not buying halo because you don't like the way the frag grenades fly/bounce.

"I'll buy halo once they fix that small feature" said no one ever.

Expecting the devs to provide an entirely new gun handling mechanic so that people can turn it off would

A.) be a huge waste of time

B.) turn every popular server into a non-dexterity server. People like easy. Easiest server is most popular server. Look it up.

• Like 1

Easy is relative. If it's harder to hit people it's easier to not get hit and vice versa. Also you are more likely to do the easy thing so more simplified gun mechanics might end up in more KoS and thus actually harder gameplay.

I disagree. I have absolutely no problem hitting anything in BF4, and their running speed and lack of stamina is the same. It's like I explained above.

You misunderstood. In BF4 it works as one unrealistic feature (insta turning) compensates for another unrealistic feature (perma sprinting). Now in DayZ we have one realistic feature (dexterity values) and one unrealistic one (perma sprinting) causing the problem. As DayZ aims to be authentic removing perma sprinting while keeping the dexterity values (tweaking them though) is always preferabe to removing dexterity values.
  • Like 1

Why wouldn't we give as many toggles as possible for server admins? 

Because years of playing in the mod has shown that if people have the option between easy and harder 90% will choose easy. That means 90% of the people play DayZ like it's BF3. So at some point they should just go play BF3 and leave DayZ for those that want that "harder" experience. The harder experience is actually a LOT more satisfying... but a lot of people....

giphy.gif

Who doesn't buy dayz because of the weapon momentum? That's like not buying halo because you don't like the way the frag grenades fly/bounce.

"I'll buy halo once they fix that small feature" said no one ever.

Expecting the devs to provide an entirely new gun handling mechanic so that people can turn it off would

A.) be a huge waste of time

B.) turn every popular server into a non-dexterity server. People like easy. Easiest server is most popular server. Look it up.

So what if people turn every server into a non-dexterity server? That's up to them. That's like saying there shouldn't be third person, because practically every server will be third person. As it is now.

I personally play first person exclusively, and I don't give a shit if people prefer to play third person. Why do you care if people choose to play on non-dexterity servers? Why wouldn't you want people to play the game their way? Even if it's not the way you want to play?

Because years of playing in the mod has shown that if people have the option between easy and harder 90% will choose easy. That means 90% of the people play DayZ like it's BF3. So at some point they should just go play BF3 and leave DayZ for those that want that "harder" experience. The harder experience is actually a LOT more satisfying... but a lot of people....

giphy.gif

So what if people turn every server into a non-dexterity "easy" server? That's up to them. That's like saying there shouldn't be third person, because practically every server will be third person. As it is now.

I personally play first person exclusively, and I don't give a shit if people prefer to play third person. Why do you care if people choose to play on non-dexterity "easy" servers? Why wouldn't you want people to play the game their way? Even if it's not the way you want to play?