Insane Ruffles

How many times have you been killed by a server hopper?

I use one server for looting because it barely has anyone on.

This is why I don't play Public servers. 

Cowards like you

• Like 1

Read the damn post people, god, is it that hard? Are you illiterate? He spawned in right behind me, like the post SAYS. The server was NOT empty. I posted because magically appearing people are a problem as they can pop up anywhere. If you aren't going to read the topic, and if you are going to go off topic then don't post.

Sweet Jesus.

To be fair, you did edit your post quite a bit. Not really fair to call people out for not reading your post when you changed the context of what it originally said.

• Like 2

-snip-

Also, you're going to have to server hop for certain items in the future because of the way they designed the public hive loot system, so you should get used to it...  -snip-

I play public servers only.

No one can or will force me to leave the public hive.

I adapted how I play and my adaptations will holdover well as the games changes.

I have 2 public servers I play on and only switch when one resets or crashes.

To suggest that everyone will server hop because of global loot is just wrong and merely an excuse for abusing a system you think everyone abuses.

If promoting the exploits of this game were something you could get banned for I would have reported you by now.

To suggest that everyone will server hop because of global loot is just wrong and merely an excuse for abusing a system you think everyone abuses.

If promoting the exploits of this game were something you could get banned for I would have reported you by now.

Just playing by the rules, sir. If the developers allow it, they allow it.

Anyway. To answer the OP's question. No. Never been killed by a server hopper like you. Calling us illiterate is abusive, server hopper. Magically appearing people as you state could merely be logging in. You cannot prove otherwise. Move along.

Oh look, another illiterate who cant read. Please move along.

Cowards like you.

Actually, Im going to just ask a mod to close this if people like you continue to be dicks. Using a loot server is not cowardice, people like you who go and insult others on the forums is cowardice.

This thread is derailing. I would ask any further posts to atleast adress my question before you decide to insult me or go off topic. Thanks.

Actually, Im going to just ask a mod to close this if people like you continue to be dicks. Using a loot server is not cowardice, people like you who go and insult others on the forums is cowardice.

This thread is derailing. I would ask any further posts to atleast adress my question before you decide to insult me or go off topic. Thanks.

You're the only one here being insulting. Have a read.

• Like 1

Loots up on empty server; finds server isn't empty.

Cries on forums.

That's no way to go through life, son...

You're the only one here being insulting. Have a read.

Cowards like you

Loots up on empty server; finds server isn't empty.

Cries on forums.

That's no way to go through life, son...

This only proves how terrible some of the people on these forums are. Get off your high-horses and enough with the BS elitist attitude. I made this topic so that people could discuss the immersion breaking server hoppers, not so people like you could jack themselves off while insulting people over the internet, got to reddit or youtube if you want to do that.

• Like 1

Just playing by the rules, sir. If the developers allow it, they allow it.

For now there are no deterrents in place to prevent or discourage this way of playing (server hopping).

Hopefully in the future we will see something implemented.

Successively longer log out timers the more servers you switch in a short period of time could do it.

Switch once in 30 minutes a 60 second timer appears, again in the next 30 minutes a 5 minute timer appears, a 3rd time in the next 30 minutes brings a 10 minute timer, and after a 15 minute time out is accumulated you are locked out for an hour with a visible warning and your activity log is brought to the attention of an admin.

Something like this that is fair may be difficult to implement but I do believe there must be a way to reduce or do away with server hopping all together.

• Like 1

If you decide to play on pubs you should be prepared to deal with hoppers. Do t like it? Play on private

You all miss the point entirely. Server hoppers are a godsend. Just find a cozy spot to hide in vybor or Pavlovo and just wait. As soon as I see a guy out of nowhere run into a barracks I just slide in behind him and wait in the door inside by the bathroom. Soon as they step into the hallway ...BAM BAM BAM.

Instant free loot.

• Like 3

You all miss the point entirely. Server hoppers are a godsend. Just find a cozy spot to hide in vybor or Pavlovo and just wait. As soon as I see a guy out of nowhere run into a barracks I just slide in behind him and wait in the door inside by the bathroom. Soon as they step into the hallway ...BAM BAM BAM.

Instant free loot.

There is a reason I only do this on empty servers. :)

The title says it all: How many times have you been killed by a hopper while looting? I say this because it has happened to me twice in the last few days... I use one server for looting because it barely has anyone on. I got on with my fully decked out character, full MP5 attachments with supressor, AKM with PSO-1, and a high capacity vest with enough rounds to take on the entire Chernorussian army. I decided to swim to the prison and loot because I wanted to find a drum mag for my AKM. I loot through most of the place and get to the Warden's office building by "the long barracks." I search upstairs and walk downstairs after Im done, and then hear footsteps seemingly come from outside. Startled, I equip my AKM and head upstairs to the room I just cleared. Hello Mr. Serverhopper. Hello death. He mowed me down with his AK74, emptying his whole clip into me and no doubt destroying every piece of gear on me. What really pisses me off is that I was just in that room and had already cleared it.

This completely ruins immersion as now we have to worry about people that arent there. What steps do you think should be taken to stop this? I think people should randomly spawn in the area they were in. Either that, or players spawning in can't damage or be damaged for 40 seconds when spawned. They also shouldn't be able to loot for that time period.

So, the whole point of this thread according to the OP's edited opening post is that immersion has been broken.

Give me a break.

You clearly change servers based on population in order to loot.  This doesn't break immersion but somehow other people doing it breaks immersion.  Your entire argument is weak and nonsensical, at best.  Additionally, no one cares that you died in game.

Edit: to answer your question:  I have been killed zero times by server hoppers since private shards became available because I only play on high population private servers.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 2

I disagree. The methods may be different, but the end goal is the same: trying to get high-end loot without having to worry about other players killing you while you search for it. To me it's a little disingenuous to complain about getting killed by someone who did nothing except log in and defend themselves. There's no evidence the other player was a "server hopper" other than they logged into an area that has arbitrarily been deemed a server hopper hotspot. Even if they were somehow proven to be a server hopper, the OP's complaint is basically "I chose a server that almost no one plays on so I could get loot without any risk, but someone still killed me legitly!"

I can only speculate, but I would venture to guess people who switch between servers depending on their mood have a very high correllation between their mood and the amount of high-end gear they currently posses. ;)

How do you know it's for high end gear?  That is ENTIRELY assumption on your part.  I play on low pops when I want peace and quiet from all the 12 year old KOS kids, not for loot.  How do you know this instance isn't the same.  And yes, the methods are not the same, that was the point.  One is server hopping, the other isn't.  That was my point from the beginning.  Also, I find it funny how you're calling someone who loots a SINGLE server a serverhopper... But the guy who logged in, already at the newest server hopping hotspot, (probably just to swim back to shore, right?) is just some innocent guy trying to "defend himself"...  As for your last sentence... I can only speculate, but I would venture to guess people not wanting to play with shitty little kids who ruin the game, has nothing to do with gear...

Instant free loot.

LMFAO, you're the kind of guy who "slides in" to the barrack door only to find I had locked it behind me.  By the time you turn around to run 3 of my buddies already have all your gear.  Be careful what you wish for.  

LMFAO, you're the kind of guy who "slides in" to the barrack door only to find I had locked it behind me. By the time you turn around to run 3 of my buddies already have all your gear. Be careful what you wish for.

it's not exactly sitting in the ATC, jail, etc and logging in looting and logging out to log back into another server immediately (albeit that's the worst kind). 

That's actually exactly what it is... word for word.  Playing on a single server while looting is not.  

LMFAO, you're the kind of guy who "slides in" to the barrack door only to find I had locked it behind me. By the time you turn around to run 3 of my buddies already have all your gear. Be careful what you wish for.

I play public servers only.

No one can or will force me to leave the public hive.

I adapted how I play and my adaptations will holdover well as the games changes.

I have 2 public servers I play on and only switch when one resets or crashes.

LMFAO get real kid... The devs have specifically said that you will have to go to other servers and bring things back to yours if want certain things, so go ahead scrub, report me.  The only thing they'll do about it is laugh in your face for being too stupid to read.

We could argue tactics all day. Bottom line is, it's a blast to nail server hoppers. Sure sometimes you get one and his buddy gets you, but most of the time it's one guy with stacks of good loot.

• Like 1

The title says it all: How many times have you been killed by a hopper while looting? I say this because it has happened to me twice in the last few days... I use one server for looting because it barely has anyone on. I got on with my fully decked out character, full MP5 attachments with supressor, AKM with PSO-1, and a high capacity vest with enough rounds to take on the entire Chernorussian army. I decided to swim to the prison and loot because I wanted to find a drum mag for my AKM. I loot through most of the place and get to the Warden's office building by "the long barracks." I search upstairs and walk downstairs after Im done, and then hear footsteps seemingly come from outside. Startled, I equip my AKM and head upstairs to the room I just cleared. Hello Mr. Serverhopper. Hello death. He mowed me down with his AK74, emptying his whole clip into me and no doubt destroying every piece of gear on me. What really pisses me off is that I was just in that room and had already cleared it.

This completely ruins immersion as now we have to worry about people that arent there. What steps do you think should be taken to stop this? I think people should randomly spawn in the area they were in. Either that, or players spawning in can't damage or be damaged for 40 seconds when spawned. They also shouldn't be able to loot for that time period.

How do you know it's for high end gear?  That is ENTIRELY assumption on your part.  I play on low pops when I want peace and quiet from all the 12 year old KOS kids, not for loot.  How do you know this instance isn't the same.  And yes, the methods are not the same, that was the point.  One is server hopping, the other isn't.  That was my point from the beginning.  Also, I find it funny how you're calling someone who loots a SINGLE server a serverhopper... But the guy who logged in, already at the newest server hopping hotspot, (probably just to swim back to shore, right?) is just some innocent guy trying to "defend himself"...  As for your last sentence... I can only speculate, but I would venture to guess people not wanting to play with shitty little kids who ruin the game, has nothing to do with gear...

Yup. Total assumption on my part. I have no reason to believe OP was going for high end gear. No reason whatsoever. :|

I think the forum mods should compare your IP to Mr. Ruffles. You're really adamant about defending him for some reason. Are you his alt account???

• Like 2

So, the whole point of this thread according to the OP's edited opening post is that immersion has been broken.

Give me a break.

You clearly change servers based on population in order to loot. This doesn't break immersion but somehow other people doing it breaks immersion. Your entire argument is weak and nonsensical, at best. Additionally, no one cares that you died in game.

Edit: to answer your question: I have been killed zero times by server hoppers since private shards became available because I only play on high population private servers.

Yet another post completely and absolutely missing the point. I can't make the post any more simple to make up for your narrowmindedness. People appearing out of nowhere and killing you in a room you checked is immersion breaking. It isnt about using a loot server. You obviously have no clue what the differences are. If any use of the Public hive is going to be frowned apon by ignorant people, then why use it.

Yup. Total assumption on my part. I have no reason to believe OP was going for high end gear. No reason whatsoever. :|

I think the forum mods should compare your IP to Mr. Ruffles. You're really adamant about defending him for some reason. Are you his alt account???

Yes, maybe they should and find out who the real a**holes are. God forbid someone uses 1 server for loot, right? Apparently that's the same as hopping tons of servers and scooping up good loot before those who play the game fairly can get to it.

You dont go onto a full server to loot, because EVERYTHING is gone. Ive tried, and between dieing of hunger and being KOS'd every 10 minutes, it becomes machosistic and counter productive. Even the Inland has very low loot. The ONLY way to get military loot other than from killing players is from lower pop servers.

Edited by InsaneRuffles

LMFAO get real kid... The devs have specifically said that you will have to go to other servers and bring things back to yours if want certain things, so go ahead scrub, report me.  The only thing they'll do about it is laugh in your face for being too stupid to read.

Changing servers after a FULL of scouring an entire server to get one last tire is legit.

Looting one to play on another is exploitation.

Period.

Kid.

• Like 1

Changing servers after a FULL of scouring an entire server to get one last tire is legit.

Looting one to play on another is exploitation.

Period.

Kid.

I am not supporting server hoppers who abuse the system to get gear...

But for example in your case... How many people would waste their time looting a persistent on server let's say on Sunday? Given that loot respawns are broken and a top respawn ing due to random lootsplosions around the server... Most the time your gurabteeded to find jack unless you go farm a loot splosion which is just as bad as server hopping a barrack 100 times

I play on two servers both ashes of nyc..They have a persist on and persist off.

I farm loot mainly on persist off but when I wanna do other things I choose the one with the higher pop at the time so I can meet more people...

I also will change servers to play on if both are empty...

How are these bad things? It gives me more options to play with people.

The single server only purists can enjoy their private servers if they like but public servers have their place.