IgnobleBasterd

Have you ever run into the only other guy on the server?

So just now I was the only other one of two persons on the server. I was running along a road, and went into a house to look for some beans, when suddenly I heard the sound of an effing truck. The ONLY other guy on the server was driving past the one house in the one location I was at. What are the odds?

Had a similiar experience earlier. There was i think three or four people on the server, and I saw one of them fighting a zombie in Cherno. Tried to get close and stalk him, but I lost him.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

So just now I was the only other one of two persons on the server. I was running along a road, and went into a house to look for some beans, when suddenly I heard the sound of an effing truck. The ONLY other guy on the server was driving past the one house in the one location I was at. What are the odds?

Had a similiar experience earlier. There was i think three or four people on the server, and I saw one of them fighting a zombie in Cherno. Tried to get close and stalk him, but I lost him.

Yes I have had this experience and I killed him too.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406815790

Happened to me just yesterday. I was in Vybor and me and the other dude were looting the military base and we didn't even know the other was there.

I was in the lone house here: http://dayzdb.com/map#6.019.111

I'm guessing he was heli-hunting, and with a truck for convenience. It sounded like he turned left (I didn't dare to go outside, thinking it could be a hacker or something :D ).

Happened to me on my last death. 3 players in the server including me. (Flame me if you must) Had just found a truck and was driving my heli-loot route. Out of freakin' nowhere I get rammed by ANOTHER truck, and roll onto my driver side. Luckily I have experience with crashing my own vehicle, so I knew to get out the passenger side. Managed to get out before he could get his truck moving again, and proceeded to play cat/mouse as I ran to a nearby tree. I tried yelling at the guy that I didn't want any trouble, but he insisted on trying to run me over. Used the tree as cover from becoming immediate road kill, and proceeded to shoulder my m4 and fire at the cab. Truck stops moving and sits there idling. Carefully moved up and opened the door, and his body falls out. Ruined hat and skull balaclava, the rest of the gear was undamaged. Took what I needed and proceeded to take HIS truck, since mine was now flipped over. Continued driving down the main road over a hill, and barely missed (intentionally) the only other player on the server who appeared to have hardly any gear. So yeah, 2 other players on the server and I run into them within 10 minutes of joining. Crazy.

(Died right after as I met with a kid I was supposed to trade with. Got shot in the face upon arrival. >.>)

Edited by Knight_Solaire
  • Like 1

All the time. I always tell them "friendly!", and hope for another hero, or at least a neutral player, but my good faith is always met with lead  :(

Once I joined a server with 3 players. I was in the middle of nowhere and got sniped on the spot. What are the odds? Cheater?

Happens to me a bunch. It seems the fewer people there are, the more likely you are to run into them in the middle of nowhere.  At least that is how it has been in my experience.

Just after the 0.53 wipe I was gearing up after running towards the NW from Cherno. Found a truck and drove it to the Myshkino tents on a two person server, found an SKS, etc. Felt pretty well geared.

Trying to get the truck back up that steep hill from the direction of Sosovny Pass, I gave up and got out in the woods. At that moment, the other player on the server runs straight past me, about 3m away. Frightened the life outta me.

I told him to stop and he did briefly. I considered popping him, but it didn't look like he had a gun (he was brandishing a sickle). Knowing I'd just taken all the best loot at the tents, I offered him the truck if he wanted to take it, but he just ran off into the woods.

I bet if he'd had a gun he would have taken a shot at me....

3 players in the server including me.

I've had this happen on several occasions. Ist person experimental servers don't seem to be very popular, late at night.

Edited by BleedoutBill

I've run into the only guy on the server, in the middle of the woods...

This happens a lot while server hopping.

Hasn't happened once since I started playing on private/full servers. :P

Happened once. Was playing with my gear in a bush as I logged in. Only other player ran right into the building in front of me. Bizarre

Only once since I don't like playing on empty servers. Was on -=VG=- 1PP server. I didn't shoot her but I was sorely tempted.

Only once. He shot me in the ass with a . 22 on the second floor of the Cherno fire station. I had a magnum and winged him as he ran down stairs. About 10 min later I heard him in the upper back room in a corner pub still in Cherno. We were the only 2 still on the server. I just waited at the door and drilled him with all six shots.

Plays multi-player game which is extremely heavily based on player interaction. Runs into only other person on server. Freaks out and makes forum post.

10/10

10 people on the server.

5 of us in my team

5 random people.

Or we thought they were random

We loot the prison at NWAF, I guard the door. A guys pops in I kill him.

Turns out they are a team of 5 as well.

Outcome. They wiped us one by one. XD

• Like 2

Plays multi-player game which is extremely heavily based on player interaction. Runs into only other person on server. Freaks out and makes forum post.

10/10

Umad because lotting on empty/near empty servers? :D

Met up with 2 friends in Berezinho on a 4/something server - 3 of us, 1 randomer. We wanted to teach one of the guys a few basics - he was new - so started on a low pop. server to ease them in.

As we go in the school building, the only other guy in Chernaus comes in shortly after and proceeds to kill us, one by one. We even got the initial drop on him (with friendly intentions, I can assure you.)

It was that day we learnt we just aren't very good at this game.

Still fun though.

This happened to me twice, and both in completely isolated/uninteresting locations not near anything useful.  I was shocked because I always play with my guard up, and both of these times I remember thinking just beforehand, "Relax, you're fine. There's only one other guy on this server."

Good lesson to be learned there.

Yeah, logged into 3 person server. Logged in Apts in Severo, as soon as the environment initialized I saw someone out the window walking towards my building....

Just happened to me yesterday. I was about to log out near Zeleno military base in a shed, when I heard a truck approaching. Expectedly the truck stopped right next to me. I popped out of the shed and made my first ever kill with MP5 which I just recently found in Prison Island. The guy was the only other guy on the server.
Sorry for the KOS, but thank you for the truck.
0932c161.jpgd092d165.jpg

• Like 2