Sign in to follow this  
naggikeitto

A new sniper rifle and a new LRS

I would love to see a new Bolt action Sniper rifle and a "better" LRS, becouse you can easily get outplayed by a akm whit pso1 scope in my opinion.

A sniper wich you could attach Bipods to, A mag but whitout the mag maybe just load 1 bullet at time? there's allready quite alot of fullauto guns so I would love to see a new sniper

Honestly, I would think having the dragnov in this game would be cool, but yeah like the guy said above, mosin is pretty good.

• Like 1

if you get outplayed by an akm you are not far enough away

well it can be annoying when people use the fov glitch, but i hope it will be adressed at some point

• Like 1

What kind of range/zoom does the longhorn provide? I know its only one shot but is it a viable sniper gun in a pinch (since it uses the 7.54x62 round)?

Edited by cash81

if you get outplayed by an akm you are not far enough away

well it can be annoying when people use the fov glitch, but i hope it will be adressed at some point

Not so much his fault but the fact that the pso and akm are incorrectly put in game.

Zeroing your pso scope on the akm to 500m means your rounds hit at 500m in game when they should absolutely not.

The ballistics between a 16 inch akm firing 7.62x39m does not correspond to that of what the pso is set at with a svd and 7.62x54r.

Akm is too flat shooting and Dayz and arma 3s ballistics are not comprehensive enough.

• Like 1

Personally I'd like less military sniper rifles and more hunting rifles, by all means add the SVD providing it's about as rare if not rarer than the AKM/AK-74.

Often times firefights seem alot more interesting when your shooting each other with guns you can easily acquire from a gunstore.

• Like 1

Personally I'd like less military sniper rifles and more hunting rifles, by all means add the SVD providing it's about as rare if not rarer than the AKM/AK-74.

Often times firefights seem alot more interesting when your shooting each other with guns you can easily acquire from a gunstore.

That is exactly what it looks like will happen.

twoins70s375243safaricompact.jpg

That is the next bolt action to get in the game. The trend seems to be nothing extremely high end or improbable and civilian weapons and commonplace military rifles.

Outside of the Aug and the ak101 all of the military weapons are probable and make sense within the context of the location.

That is exactly what it looks like will happen.

twoins70s375243safaricompact.jpg

That is the next bolt action to get in the game. The trend seems to be nothing extremely high end or improbable and civilian weapons and commonplace military rifles.

Outside of the Aug and the ak101 all of the military weapons are probable and make sense within the context of the location.

Now what would be interesting to see is Sporterized Military Rifles, take the mosin for example and convert it to a Sporter style stock to make it seem less military and more civilian hunting rifle. Other rifles include the Kar98K and the Lee Enfield.

Mosin Nagant Sporter

mosinkokovasen1aw2.jpg

Lee Enfield Sporter

GIBBS%20RIFLE%201%20copy.JPG

AFAIK those sporterized rifles are nowhere near commonplace. Probably would make little sense in game.

Only other bolt action i know has been talked about is a 5.56 varmint rifle.

• Like 1

AFAIK those sporterized rifles are nowhere near commonplace. Probably would make little sense in game.

Only other bolt action i know has been talked about is a 5.56 varmint rifle.

Depends on the kind. A Mosin sporter would be pointless, obviously, and if they're going to do something with the Lee-Enfield they may as just add one of those .308 SMLE conversions, because they don't fit the game and the only reason to add one would be as a homage to the mod. Certain guns, Gewehr 98/K98 based sporter rifles, however, are really common and popular in Europe, because they're basically diverse caliber variants of well-known rifles.

It doesn't really matter though, the only thing that separates these kinds of bolt-actions from others is that they're redesigned rifle systems that were originally intended for a military purpose. Otherwise, they may as well just be their own rifles.

I don't recall them ever talking about a 5.56 varmint rifle, unless you mean the CR-527, which was originally supposed to be chambered in 5.56 but then changed to 7.62x39 as helicopter crashsites were just added at the time.

AUG is fine considering the large amount of NATO countries that use it. If it were a general military spawn you'd have a point but it's still used by quite a few Eastern countries.

AK-101s are also used by several Russian internal branches, including the MVD that showed up during ArmA 2, and considering that their canon primary rifle was the (at the time) experimental AK-107 I don't think the AK-101 is an illogical weapon to have so long as it spawns in small numbers.

The model alaskan is coming in soon so don't worry and I'm pretty sure there will be a scope being able to be attached on it there's a leaked cz hunting scope but I'm waiting for a new cz gun since the cr 527 sucks not because of damage mostly because of it needs a magazine and how it uses ammo oddly only found in mil locals.I would want to see the Remington 700 or cz 550 none should have scopes already attached to them unless its scope can not be detached.

Honestly, I would think having the dragnov in this game would be cool, but yeah like the guy said above, mosin is pretty good.

That GUY is one of the coolest people and mods on here! Show some gosh darn respect boy! Youngins these DayZ...

Also, expect tons more weapons OP

Maybe the M24. It could spawn at heli crash sites.

post-228099-0-66558100-1426277702_thumb.

post-228099-0-37686100-1426277726_thumb.

post-228099-0-52465700-1426277736_thumb.

Edited by j4nm4nn

I don't like the idea of slow military quality bolt action snipers. If you were getting sent to fight hordes of unarmed fast moving zombies I would bring a semi-automatic like the SVD. High precision and caliber sniper rifles like the M40A3 just don't have a place. Hunting rifles are more believable.

Edited by Sike
  • Like 1

I don't like the idea of slow military quality bolt action snipers. If you were getting sent to fight hordes of unarmed fast moving zombies I would bring a semi-automatic like the SVD. High precision and caliber sniper rifles like the M40A3 just don't have a place. Hunting rifles are more believable.

I think it is a fault in playstyle, if thy weapon is a bolt-action rifle with a small clip capacity, going up against a horde of zombies - alone. SVD surely being introduced into the game soon, I hope, question still remains how common a rifle will this be. Also, talking about hordes and increasing volume of zombies over time (which they have initially tested already), I wonder how difficult would it be to roam around big cities alone in the future? I'm also looking forward to whether this will promote more peaceful and helpful playstyle towards other players met in the city.

As for the M40A3, I'd gladly have that included into the game as a something between common and uncommon drop into US Heli crashes, add a suppressor spawning for it and it becomes a quite useful rifle to use by a player in a lookout position for his guys clearing out any given location. Make the truly efficient and powerful weapons truly rare and priced collectibles to acquire in the game, say adding SCAR-H to the US Heli loot table and making it spawn in an incredibly low rate, since this weapon is a fenomenal all-around rifle.

Talking about authenticity and LRS, I think they should finally introduce the correct scoping for Mosin rifles (Not very informed how much does the Mosin have choices in terms of different scopes additionally to the PU Scope, but even the PU is currently missing the correct amount of zoom), and dump the LRS back into fitting weapons with a rail attaching system. Maybe introduce a way to mod a rail into the Mosin and then have the ability to attach the LRS into the Mosin. Combine that LRS with a Scar-H and boom, you've got yourself a beast.

As for a military bolt action rifle.

There is one already that fits the setting perfectly and is not obscure and silly like a Scar or a ACR or any of the other silly guns that arent common at all yet people in the internet love.

SV-98_Sniping_competition_for_The_Armour

Bingo

• Like 1

As for a military bolt action rifle.

There is one already that fits the setting perfectly and is not obscure and silly like a Scar or a ACR or any of the other silly guns that arent common at all yet people in the internet love.

SV-98_Sniping_competition_for_The_Armour

Bingo

That weapon indeed is an excellent choice, but as I was saying - I only suggested the SCAR-H as a rare drop for the US Heli. Imagining a scenario what an US heli is even doing in Russian soil, be it small help or recoinnaissance of the whole zombie outbreak situation, in such a specialized and small military unit a chopper can carry, I don't see it in any way silly them being armed with top tier weapons, including SCAR-H, which I believe is even quite common in specialized US army divisions-whatever.

By the way, that is SV-98 - I believe?

Edited by Soux

Uh, all you need is a drop in stock for a mosin to make it more "modern" there are literally so many stocks for older rifles like the Mosin Nagant, SKS, AK (any variant), AR-15/M-16 Series. All they do is have to add a new stock to the game that you can pick up and exchange with your current Mosin.

stuff%20521.jpg

This would be easier for them while they are developing the game....they're common and cheap since the rifles them selves are cheap. Finding high end rifles would be more rare and especially match grade ammo that would make them better for long distance, since around the world, even if the country allows firearms, it costs money to buy high end shooting rifles. Also, they should add different ammo types that could help with this, 203 grain round is heavier and can travel further and more accurately than a lower grain light round, the surplus Mosin ammo that's available is cheap, but it's 147 grain and corrosive. The 203 grain steel case ammo that's also surplus is a little bit more accurate and gets the job done well and fairs better over long distance engagements and isn't corrosive might be better for precision shooting at distance.

Adding additional thoughts, having super rare rifles is always cool, and when you find them you feel like a badass, but when you add a million m107A1's into a game and everyone has one, it get kinda boring, variety is always nice and make rare, well...rare. Remington 700's are very common place, so are military surplus rifles from previous era's. I would like to see a wide array of firearms that all fill certain rolls, you wouldn't use an AKM for a 600+ meter engagement so it would be nice to see more rifles out there, older as well as new. Finding simple upgrades and stocks for rifles can solve many problems if they added them, but I fear the game will end up being like the mod in the same way that for the longest time, I encountered a lot of people with .50cals with crap loads of ammo and thermal sights for them. I'm hoping that the variety will be implemented long before the issue rears it's head, if 1 out of every 50 people had a rare rifle, I'm fine with that, it would be more common to see people with Mosin's, Remingtons, Savage 10's or even 11's. Stuff that's common for hunting and sporting. If everyone had a .338 then what would be the fun? The same goes for battle/select fire rifles, a lot of rifles use the same calibers, but they are better in different situations.

If they wanted too, they could add the SVD and the PSL to take on DMR roles. To make it easier to engage at a distance or medium to even short ranges.

Edited by Heathcock

I totally agree with you Heathcock, especially with the idea of having multiple variaties of ammunition - seems like you're quite informed in different ammunition types and how they behave/perform. Like you said, the most common Mosin surplus 147 grain ammo should be the most common ammunition found in the game, which in turn should perform more poorly in terms of accuracy and range compared to the 203 grain, for instance. I'd really love the idea of making preloaded 203 grains very rare and introduce the handloading of ammunition, bring gunpowder as a rare lootable item, thus allowing players to have to option of creating different ammunitions themselves.

I'm quite new to the forum so I have no idea how heavily different ammunitions have been discussed. I just have a few quick ideas of my own inside my head... Some people have mentioned the existance of tracers in some subjects, which would be a great addition I assume, though I would hate the fact if you would be required to load a whole magazine into tracers. Like one particular use for tracers I know is loading say first 6 bullets (last shot) into a 30-round mag to notify you that you're running dry soon - they should eliminate the ammo counter in magazines in the inventory.

About the more modernized Mosin: Do you have any information whether this is a common rifle found in Mil-Barracks or more like a collectors customization? Maybe have regular Mosins me common, and have a few rare, modified one's spawning? Or should the stocks +other possible attachments spawn seperately? Also, I think it has been also in big discussion whether it should be more time consuming to switch out a handguard or stock in a weapon, should a certain set of tools accompany this process and so on.. what are your thoughts on this?

I totally agree with you Heathcock, especially with the idea of having multiple variaties of ammunition - seems like you're quite informed in different ammunition types and how they behave/perform. Like you said, the most common Mosin surplus 147 grain ammo should be the most common ammunition found in the game, which in turn should perform more poorly in terms of accuracy and range compared to the 203 grain, for instance. I'd really love the idea of making preloaded 203 grains very rare and introduce the handloading of ammunition, bring gunpowder as a rare lootable item, thus allowing players to have to option of creating different ammunitions themselves.

I'm quite new to the forum so I have no idea how heavily different ammunitions have been discussed. I just have a few quick ideas of my own inside my head... Some people have mentioned the existance of tracers in some subjects, which would be a great addition I assume, though I would hate the fact if you would be required to load a whole magazine into tracers. Like one particular use for tracers I know is loading say first 6 bullets (last shot) into a 30-round mag to notify you that you're running dry soon - they should eliminate the ammo counter in magazines in the inventory.

About the more modernized Mosin: Do you have any information whether this is a common rifle found in Mil-Barracks or more like a collectors customization? Maybe have regular Mosins me common, and have a few rare, modified one's spawning? Or should the stocks +other possible attachments spawn seperately? Also, I think it has been also in big discussion whether it should be more time consuming to switch out a handguard or stock in a weapon, should a certain set of tools accompany this process and so on.. what are your thoughts on this?

The only benefit of heavy bullets is they buck the wind better thus less variance at long distance. Lighter loads have a faster time of flight and shoot flatter.

Once wind is added if they do go with multiple rounds the heavier bullets should require alot less windage adjustment.