r4z0r49

DayZ Mod Development Branch - 20a57cf

did any one try to anti fence system ? getting out of a vehicle to close to a player base?

K cool just let me know what you find from the changelog. I know the fence one was causing you some pain so make sure to try that out

Just tried getting out of a bike close to the wall of my base and instantly got kicked for publicvariable restriction #0, very nice! Also a message saying "Unable to exit vehicle too close to buildables objects"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409119038

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 2

Also if you can get a few players check breakin for gates. Make sure the owner has no option to break in but others do.

No idea i have to wait for the weekend to do the build and then its a wait for bis to release on stable. I'm on night shift atm don't have time to do much by the time i get home.

em.. got some strange problem with dev build. server will crash @ random time

last logs in console

CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E_Gameplay_AdditionalLauncherRocketsWithEnlargedSize in ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_additionallauncherrocketswithenlargedsize\  CAweapons_m107 in ca\weapons\m107\, CACharacters in ca\characters\  CAWeapons_AmmoBoxes in ca\weapons\ammoboxes\Mods: @dayzDistribution: 0Version 1.63.125548Fault address:  01395B26 01:00144B26 D:\arma2dayzmod\arma2dayzmod\arma2oaserver.exefile:     dayz_1world:    chernarusPrev. code bytes: FF 52 FF 50 20 8B 06 8B CE FF 10 8B 4F 1C 8B D8Fault code bytes: 0F BE 81 32 02 00 00 89 5D BC 89 45 CC E8 D8 F9Registers:EAX:246A7580 EBX:246A7580ECX:00000000 EDX:2567DA84ESI:252C8E08 EDI:252C8800CS:EIP:0023:01395B26SS:ESP:002B:00AD3904  EBP:00AD399CDS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002BFlags:00210206=======================================================note: Minidump has been generated into the file cfgdayz\arma2oaserver.mdmp

Is this happening all the time? and does anyone else have this issue?

Hey quick question.  Does the next build fix the issue where wooden fences which have been destroyed by satchel charges re-appear after server restart?  I think it was brought up a while ago but I couldn't find it on the github or in the 1.8.5 change log.  Sorry if I'm missing or forgetting something, I've been out of the loop lately.

Thanks!

Hey quick question.  Does the next build fix the issue where wooden fences which have been destroyed by satchel charges re-appear after server restart?  I think it was brought up a while ago but I couldn't find it on the github or in the 1.8.5 change log.  Sorry if I'm missing or forgetting something, I've been out of the loop lately.

Thanks!

they shouldn't have any damage handlers attached to them at all. So they should not be getting damaged just now let me check soon as i get 5 to check

Well they definitely can take damage (we've taken fence walls out with satchel charges, BUT NOT GATES).  The fence walls then re-appear after server restart.  It is intended for them to be able to be taken out with explosives, right?  I sure hope that permanent bases don't become a thing in DayZ mod.

Well they definitely can take damage (we've taken fence walls out with satchel charges, BUT NOT GATES). The fence walls then re-appear after server restart. It is intended for them to be able to be taken out with explosives, right? I sure hope that permanent bases don't become a thing in DayZ mod.

Whoops. Hit enter by accident.

I don't like the idea of perma bases either but if it didn't reappear after reset then it could be easily exploited. Say someone blows up a wall and then decides to build a wall of their own in its place. They would then become the owner of the wall and therefore could take it down at any given moment giving them easy access to the base at anytime. Regardless of if the gate was locked or not.

It would be nice if the wall and gates could deteriorate after a given time and needed upkeep to stay in the game. This would prevent bases that were not being used to actually disappear over time. Not really sure what ye golden answer is here but this should be looked at.

Edited by m0tzilla

if it didn't reappear after reset then it could be easily exploited. Say someone blows up a wall and then decides to build a wall of their own in its place. They would then become the owner of the wall and therefore could take it down at any given moment giving them easy access to the base at anytime. Regardless of if the gate was locked or not.

That's not an exploit so much as it is just being a crafty player.  Why shouldn't that be allowed?  The infiltrator went through the trouble of looting to find rare explosives, blew up the original base wall, compromising the whole base, allowing him to raid it, take it over, whatever he wants, including leaving the gaping hole in the base for other players to roll in.  I don't see a problem with this as long as satchel charges are rare and it's difficult to breach gates.  The owner of the original base should keep an eye on his structures and if he notices a portion that doesn't belong to him, it's his choice to either abandon the base knowing it's been compromised, or destroy that wall with his own satchel charge and rebuild it to keep his base secure.  I don't see this as being any different than other players finding and taking over or destroying your stash or tent.  I'm also a big fan of the idea of walls deteriorating, but the way it stands currently, having walls that respawn on server restart after being blown up mean you can be 100% sure they will still be in tact next time you log in.  That feels way to much like Epoch/Overpoch to me.

For now base walls are not meant to take damage i have some plans for the way they get destoryed later on but for now getting the core fence's in and working is the main goal.

• Like 1

That's not an exploit so much as it is just being a crafty player. Why shouldn't that be allowed? The infiltrator went through the trouble of looting to find rare explosives, blew up the original base wall, compromising the whole base, allowing him to raid it, take it over, whatever he wants, including leaving the gaping hole in the base for other players to roll in. I don't see a problem with this as long as satchel charges are rare and it's difficult to breach gates. The owner of the original base should keep an eye on his structures and if he notices a portion that doesn't belong to him, it's his choice to either abandon the base knowing it's been compromised, or destroy that wall with his own satchel charge and rebuild it to keep his base secure. I don't see this as being any different than other players finding and taking over or destroying your stash or tent. I'm also a big fan of the idea of walls deteriorating, but the way it stands currently, having walls that respawn on server restart after being blown up mean you can be 100% sure they will still be in tact next time you log in. That feels way to much like Epoch/Overpoch to me.

As it stands... Bases are not an easy feat. Satchels on the other hand, have been hoarded, and honestly, are not too hard to find. The thought of someone finding a lucky satchel, strolling up to my base, blowing up the wall, and then putting his own gate on it, rendering my weeks of work void, makes me gag. Walls should HANDS DOWN reset on server restart. All it takes is a satchel or helicopter and a competent enough player to know how to fly it, considering roofs cannot be made. My base has been stolen from multiple times and honestly, has probably lost more loot than I would have hiding it normally, just because the base is a giant beacon of " look at me I am huge and have lots of loot in me." Bases are underpowered if anything. If people are convinced that they are to easy, I would not be too a posed to an upkeep system, as long as the upkeep is not too often and expensive per wall. Maybe something like 1 wood plank every month, just to make sure inactive players do not hoard vehicles for too long without actively keeping them. If the wall does degrade fully, it should not fully go away, but a small wreck of dirt and wood that can be crossed over and be repaired back to it's previous glory with just a few more planks and nails.I can confidently say that I do not think any of this is necessary, but if something NEEDS to be changed, it should be this rather than nerfing the already small protection the walls give. Edited by Lukethero

The thought of someone finding a lucky satchel, strolling up to my base, blowing up the wall, and then putting his own gate on it, rendering my weeks of work void, makes me gag.  Walls should HANDS DOWN reset on server restart.

I'm actually astounded people are suggesting perma-bases in vanilla DayZ mod.  One of the core foundations of the DayZ concept is that all can be lost at the drop of a hat.  Nothing is safe or secure except for what you log out with in your inventory.  So, what then, a clan can horde supplies then log in late some night when the server is empty and make a permanent structure that nobody can ever do anything about??  Even with degradation all they'd have to do is maintain it.  There has to be a threat of loss or the concept is fundamentally flawed.  You as a base builder just have to be creative about how to keep people from infiltrating your base.  The frog base is the perfect example.  They have two outer layers and inner rooms protecting their gear.  You'd have to roll in with at least two satchels to get through the outer wall if you wanted to pull the trick of building your own wall section there.  Then you'd need a third satchel to get into the inner room.  Of course a heli makes this easier, but if satchels are so easy for you to find, then just blow up the infiltrator's wall and replace it with yours again.  What's the problem here?

My base has been stolen from multiple times and honestly, has probably lost more loot than I would have hiding it normally, just because the base is a giant beacon of " look at me I am huge and have lots of loot in me." Bases are underpowered if anything.

Bases do not guarantee permanent safe storage of items (and they shouldn't).  You need to be more creative in your approach.  Don't put an abundance of tents and stashes in a base that doesn't have fortifications yet.  Build it up strong with multiple layers and a locking gate, THEN start storing stuff in it.  Or, make a very discrete base that doesn't attract attention but protects one vehicle or a couple of stashes.  There's plenty of options.  Regardless, it should be about competitive raids and establishing dominance over an area, not about permanent structures or guaranteed storage of items.

• Like 2

So hot topic then :-)

Maintenance Layout.

1. Each fence section is checked if it hasn't been updated within 7 days the fence is then tagged for Maintenance.
  2. For each 3 days after the fence has been tagged the fence will start to downgrade foreach 3 consecutive days its left in maintenance mode.
  3. Once the fence has been downgraded to foundation level 3 days after the object will be removed.

So a level 7 fence once upgrade would take 7 days to become active in maintenance mode. For each 3 days after this it will be downgraded. for each 3 days leading upto 36 days the fence will continue to be downgraded until the fence is no more.

Level7 Fence (Fully upgraded)

7 days to become added to Maintenance Mode.
+ 33 days for downgrade of each section.
+ 3 days to be removed from db.
= 43 days total if neglected to be fully removed.

Admins should be able to tweek times to suit what they need.

Thoughts.

If you can just fix the issue when someone upgrades a fence, they become the new owners; that would be a huge help.

It's too easy to walk up to a base with 1 nail and basically be inside in 30 secs.  

yes I should have max level walls but to have ALL the walls max level would require HUNDREDS of nails... 

I could save the nails until I'm ready but then I run major risk of someone finding my stash and taking all the nails or even taking the base spot I was going to use.

Yea let me add that on github so i can fix it. Looks like i've already fixed this issue.

owners are added when the first object is placed then for each upgrade the owner array is no longer updated and only the original owner can dismantle the fence.

• Like 2

any eta on next update? my base just got raided using the upgrade exploit.  Rather infuriating

If it hasn't been considered we should also 'insta' kill players using the animation from getting out of a vehicle to enter a base.  Epoch solved this by killing players who attempted this.

Edit: We've had one instance of this so far.

At the moment only two ways around this is to have an inner and outer wall or have every single vehicle in your base.   :)

Edited by Geryon