Natty Ultra

Weapon Sway!

I am an avid shooter... but unless I'm drunk, I do not sway as much as the avatar in game. Please-please remove this... if I am cold or starving I can undersdand, but otherwise it's just dumb.

Maybe the character you are controlling isn't an avid shooter?

I can tell you right now, if you have never even shot a gun you would have more accrucy then your avatar. lol

Wait a minute, isn't the original storyline for DayZ is that you are an american military unit dispatched to russia? You would already have that training...

Wait a minute, isn't the original storyline for DayZ is that you are an american military unit dispatched to russia? You would already have that training...

Don't think so.

The sway might be caused by a 'sneaky arm fracture' sometimes when you've been hit by a zombie it might have caused an arm fracture without telling you. Try applying a splint or morhpine and check if the sway is better.

Nope, there is no storyline at the moment.

Maybe sometime in the future, but right now we are just some civilian who turned out to be immune to the virus.

Also your aim is only shit/sway'ey if

1 you have a broken limb

2. have ran for awhile which you always do in dayz

• Like 1

The sway is somewhat overboard even for someone not used to firing a weapon. I think the sway needs to be toned down about 20% in all states except cold and fractured, then it would be ideal in my eyes.

Wasn't trying to come off as a d***, just speaking my mind.

Edited by Natty Ultra

The sway is somewhat overboard even for someone not used to firing a weapon. I think the sway needs to be toned down about 20% in all states except cold and fractured, then it would be ideal in my eyes.

Agreed Wolf.

And maybe they are not trained medical personnel, or trained swimmers, or trained survivalists.

The whole "have to be trained to do something" mentality in dayz is quite idiotic.

If you stick to your argument that our characters should mimic lack in shooting experience, then you might as well remove the ability for us to insert IV's, or even swim long distances with 50+lbs of gear.

• Like 1

And maybe they are not trained medical personnel, or trained swimmers, or trained survivalists.

If you stick to your argument that our characters should mimic lack in shooting experience, then you might as well remove the ability for us to insert IV's, or even swim long distances with 50+lbs of gear.

Exactly. Though abilities should not necessarily be taken away, but maybe altered a bit. Like, they could fail sometimes. Otherwise I agree with what you've said, except this:

The whole "have to be trained to do something" mentality in dayz is quite idiotic.

I do find it a bit weird that our 'everyman' character is more of a 'can-do-anything' character. I don't think that opinion makes me 'idiotic' though.

How exactly the imperfect nature of our character could play out in the game, I have no idea. There has been talk of a 'miniskill system', something I know would please a lot of people. I don't know, and I have no specific suggestion.

I do know that I rather have a game where we play fumbling, bumbling, desperate survivors of a sudden, catastrophic and overwhelming disaster, trying to get our next meal and avoid dying in the process, while falling over things, loosing things and being terrible shots at the worst possible moment, than a game where we play groups of soldiermen fighting other groups of soldiermen. I already own Arma2+3 for that.

• Like 2

Exactly. Though abilities should not necessarily be taken away, but maybe altered a bit. Like, they could fail sometimes. Otherwise I agree with what you've said, except this:

I do find it a bit weird that our 'everyman' character is more of a 'can-do-anything' character. I don't think that opinion makes me 'idiotic' though.

How exactly the imperfect nature of our character could play out in the game, I have no idea. There has been talk of a 'miniskill system', something I know would please a lot of people. I don't know, and I have no specific suggestion.

I do know that I rather have a game where we play fumbling, bumbling, desperate survivors of a sudden, catastrophic and overwhelming disaster, trying to get our next meal and avoid dying in the process, while falling over things, loosing things and being terrible shots at the worst possible moment, than a game where we play groups of soldiermen fighting other groups of soldiermen. I already own Arma2+3 for that.

surely you could work out how to make a decent bow or loaf of bread after a few failed or improvised attempts

Edited by Wookieenoob

I never directly implied you were idiotic. I simply stated the idea was. It was not direct as you're not the first to suggest this.

I can tell you right now, if you have never even shot a gun you would have more accrucy then your avatar. lol

Nope.

Ive seen what novice shooters can do often times they completely miss paper at 10 yards.

• Like 1

I'd like to ask (seeing as I'm not an avid shooter) how weapon weight would affect handling?

Seeing as we are now in the era of lots of weapon attachments, and the early implementation of a weight system. I'd like to see this done in a nice authentic way.

I'd like to ask (seeing as I'm not an avid shooter) how weapon weight would affect handling?

Seeing as we are now in the era of lots of weapon attachments, and the early implementation of a weight system. I'd like to see this done in a nice authentic way.

Well arm fatigue could be a gameplay factor.

Holding an unsupported weapon causes strain and arm fatigue and that could in turn cause sway and unsteady aim.

To be fair, I doubt our characters are world class marathon runners either. I find it a little strange that our characters are the absolute peak of human physical health when it comes to running, but also have the muscle control of someone suffering a neurological disorder judging by the weapon sway.

Now of course this is early access so I'm hoping neither endurance or weapon sway are the finished products, but yeah the current implementation of weapon sway isn't really realistic.

• Like 1

To be fair, I doubt our characters are world class marathon runners either. I find it a little strange that our characters are the absolute peak of human physical health when it comes to running, but also have the muscle control of someone suffering a neurological disorder judging by the weapon sway.

Just because the stamina system hasn't been implemented yet, it doesn't mean that everything else has to be unrealistic as well.

Using that line of reason, everything could be justified:

"Why should fall damage be tweaked, the lack of a stamina system is unrealistic too."

"Why should the thirst and hunger mechanics be tweaked, the lack of a stamina system is unrealistic too."

"Why should a stamina system be, oh wait..."

"Why can't I breath fire like a dragon, the lack of a stamina system is unrealistic too."

Fact is, the game is fairly early in development and a lot of systems and features have yet to be implemented. Using this as an argument against further development of the game's features just boggles my mind.

It boggles it good.

Just because the stamina system hasn't been implemented yet, it doesn't mean that everything else has to be unrealistic as well.

Using that line of reason, everything could be justified:

"Why should fall damage be tweaked, the lack of a stamina system is unrealistic too."

"Why should the thirst and hunger mechanics be tweaked, the lack of a stamina system is unrealistic too."

"Why should a stamina system be, oh wait..."

"Why can't I breath fire like a dragon, the lack of a stamina system is unrealistic too."

Fact is, the game is fairly early in development and a lot of systems and features have yet to be implemented. Using this as an argument against further development of the game's features just boggles my mind.

It boggles it good.

Considering that I was saying that things *do* need tweaking for more realism, it would boggle my mind aswell.

I think the original story line should be.

"You have woken up on a beach, completely soaked" Didn't far cry do this, and many more games?

and fall damage, if its anything like the new V3s's jumping over  fences and flying to the top of the sky I would say keep it out =D

I agree the sway is slightly overkill sometimes. But how often do you run kilometers with a back pack and then shoot? It isn't easy to keep your breathing down.