the game engine dayz runs on likes Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs. so i suggest you get a PC with a Intel processor of some sort at above 3 GHz

Edited by DURRHUNTER

the game engine dayz runs on likes Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs. so i suggest you get a PC with a Intel processor of some sort at above 3 GHz

fact of the matter is... this 'engine' is crap to start with.. their trying to put so much stuff into this engine.. it was never designed for the work-load it's under.. and the reason why it 'likes' Nvidea and Intel.. is really simple actually.. biggest players on the market.. so if you make a game.. they'll be more than happy to support your game since you're only making it 'work well' on their product.

on topic: most of the people planning on buying a new pc with overkill specs. don't.. just don't I'm running a watercooled Intel Core i5 4.2 ghz overclocked cpu with a geforce gtx 660TI.. the rendering on this game engine is just crap to be straight.. I've played Ryse: son of Rome on this pc everything on 'normal' settings still got me 45 fps (not tested on max) THATS a game that requires a beefy pc.. *check youtube for examples* dayz on the other hand.. is still under dev. and they could just end up scrapping this piece of shit engine and rendering system and create something entirely new.. that works 100 times better

so for now.. having a overclocked i7 4690K running 5 ghz with 16 gigs of ram or more.. doesn't make any difference frame wise..

intergrated graphics.. you'll get 15 fps in elektro atm..  my suggestion..build your own pc.. or have someone build it for you.. you're paying for a brand (HP) and you'll get almost nothing in return.. as stated AND PROVEN Intel has the best chip on the market for games.. so I suggest going with intel.. intel core i5 will work just fine (just make sure it's a K edition!!!) so you can overclock it later on if needed

Yes as others have said this system is a no go- for the reasons given as well as the fact it doesn't have an ssd out of the box. Sure you can put one in later, but you might as well get a friend who knows computers to recommend some good quality mid range parts and help you build it. Or look online for a good custom built system that someone overbuilt and now needs to unload it because rent is due.

Edited by ENO75

a8 is ancient to start, amd is to be avoided like the plague if possible. but they are cheap and run "most" games ok.

dayz arma2 arma 3 need high horsepower single core performance, so this rig is not going to provide you with that.

amd single core performance is sub par to intel, but regardless the rig is too slow for dayz.

i sold my i7 930 (4 core ht off) @ 4.3 ghz with aiw water and gtx 570 for $325 and it played dayz really really well for the price, and any other game on the market NP.

med-high and some games on ultra.

id look around your local kijiji and see what can be had,.

build a pc..it's cheaper and you get better parts and joy out of it. Make it to a project if you have little brother, child or whatever that you can learn to build together.

let me know if you want some part put together and tell me your budget and what you already have ...monitor, OS etc

Edited by thewire

The PC you have posted is not a good choice for DayZ.

Look here, it may help you make a choice while keeping within your budget...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/196501-gaming-pc-budget-builds/#entry1978807

Once decided ask here...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154395-can-i-run-dayz-retail-post-here/