Sign in to follow this  
emuthreat

To the two that KOS'd at NW last night.

Edit:  Before reading this post, it is strongly recommended that you are familiar with the concept of HYPERBOLE.

Congratulations!  By silently strolling up to the tavern and shooting through the windows, you have just spoiled my enjoyment of the game.  I hope that's what you were looking for.  You could at least say hello.  Maybe tell us to drop our gear and come out of the building.  You didn't even taunt or insult us afterwords.  Please try to add some flavor to the game in the future.  Now I have to spend two hours getting back to my gear stashes, while thinking about what bland and unoriginal asshats you are; and I didn't even catch your names.

It's not so much that I'm pissed about getting KOS'd again, for no reason, with no interaction.  I don't care about the gear; maybe just the two
FNX mags I found for the gun I had stashed out in the woods somewhere.   But that's my point, I stashed all my good gear in the woods, you only ruined my greed-gear.  I honestly don't know why I was running around NWAF again; we were supposed to be finding a place to set up the tents we had found earlier.  You could have had a golden opportunity to trade or rob us while we were trapped inside the buliding--but you chose the simple path.  The same path that is offered by practically every other game on the market:  see player, shoot player, repeat as available.

Basically all you did was waste my time, and yours.  We may as well have been NPC, for all the quality interaction you got out of shooting fish in a barrel.  So thank you, I now accept  that I am ONLY allowed to play Rural Murder Simulator 2015, instead of the cooperative online zombie survival experience that was advertised.  R.I.P. DayZ  SA

I'll meet you back there sometime this afternoon perhaps?  Or more likely just KOS anyone who happens to be there.  You're welcome in advance.

To anyone else who would like the opportunity to play this game as anything other than another open world murder simulator that will never even be as fun as GTA5, you can blame the two unnamed asshats I mentioned earlier, because now I accept that I have no choice but to stoop to their level.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 4

I think I passed you on your way back to NWAF armed with a IZH-43 and black cowboy hat.

Was that you?

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 9

Until they devs implement a reason to not KOS, then you will always get KOS'ed

especially at the NWAF.

that is the no 1 pvp hotzone and always will be.

• Like 2

So you got owned like a noob in a known PvP hot zone and you mad because they did not wine and dine you first?

• Like 6

So you got owned like a noob in a known PvP hot zone and you mad because they did not wine and dine you first?

i agree. you are in a top pvp spot which is common knowledge that its KOS there and you get mad cause they kill you.and took your gear. you said you dont care about being killed or about your gear... so why even make the post.

if you werent mad that you got shot you wouldnt be making a forum post now would you

sounds like you need to play on whitelisted rp servers

• Like 2

I have been on both ends as I'm sure most of us have.  In my experience, 80% of the time, it's the players fault they got shot.  There are measures one can take to minimize being seen, and that helps, but the most important factor in determining if you die or not to a KOSer, is the fact that people rarely die from the first shot.  From what I have seen, the vast majority of players are not capable of outright killing somebody in real situations before the victim has escaped, I know I can't most of the time...  

In short:

carry meds

always have cover available

buddy system

stay away from windows in the airfields

and finally, try to resist the urge to complain about what players do when given the choice to shoot the few pixels that comprise your virtual ass.  Killing on sight will NEVER stop happening, no matter how many reasons we have not to.

You went to the NWAF and didn't expect to be shot on sight? Are you high?

I think I passed you on your way back to NWAF armed with a IZH-43 and black cowboy hat.

Was that you?

Once I make it back to my bag with the hacksaw, they will know hell.

• Like 1

You went to the NWAF and didn't expect to be shot on sight? Are you high?

I was shot inside a building through a window. And yes, I'm a little bit high.  Mostly I'm fuming at the lack of original interactions, even when presented with prime situation to exploit.  I presume you did not read my post, as I had mentioned dissatisfaction with the uniquely DayZ aspects of gameplay yet to emerge--aside from the long run back inland after a death. 

I am astounded at the number of people who failed to read, or just failed to understand what my gripe was about this situation.  The amount of interaction that they robbed themselves of by saying absolutely nothing, is what puzzles me.  They could have just followed us for half an hour and stolen ALL of the gear, both tents and a truck; but they took the easy, quick, and cheap satisfaction offered by so many other titles out there.

And a thanks to those who recognized the satirical and sarcastic tone of the rant.  They did not ruin my day, they did not ruin my game, but they did make sure I will now be actively paying it forward to others.

Not only did they not enjoy any of the unique experiences offered by DayZ, they just made Chernarus a little less safe now for everyone.

I have turned to the dark side, see you in my scope.

Edited by emuthreat

I was shot inside a building through a window. And yes, I'm a little bit high.  Mostly I'm fuming at the lack of original interactions, even when presented with prime situation to exploit.  I presume you did not read my post, as I had mentioned dissatisfaction with the uniquely DayZ aspects of gameplay yet to emerge--aside from the long run back inland after a death. 

Robbing people is not that easy and puts yourself at risk, I have successfully robbed people and then there are the times I have been murdered by the guy in their group I did not notice. Your post reads like the thousands of other people who have been frustrated by KoS, you will now KoS because someone else did it to you. Maybe the guys who killed you fell into the same frustration loop and now KoS since it has happened to them so many times. Chernarus has never been a friendly place, people who are still idealistic just think it still has a chance to be friendly.  

• Like 1

You're mad they didn't properly interact with you? Maybe they're role-playing ninjas.

• Like 2

You're mad they didn't properly interact with you? Maybe they're role-playing ninjas.

Ninja don't use the SKS.  Not mad, just jaded. I'll see you under the crosshairs.

The real question that I have is why you chose to loot the tavern at NWAF

There are like a billion of those in non hostile areas.

If you had been looting quickly and only going to the places for what you needed you would have likely gotten out alive.

I am astounded at the number of people who failed to read, or just failed to understand what my gripe was about this situation.  The amount of interaction that they robbed themselves of by saying absolutely nothing, is what puzzles me.  They could have just followed us for half an hour and stolen ALL of the gear, both tents and a truck; but they took the easy, quick, and cheap satisfaction offered by so many other titles out there.

And a thanks to those who recognized the satirical and sarcastic tone of the rant.  They did not ruin my day, they did not ruin my game, but they did make sure I will now be actively paying it forward to others.

Not only did they not enjoy any of the unique experiences offered by DayZ, they just made Chernarus a little less safe now for everyone.

Turned to the "dark side"? I have no sympathy. If you really meant what you said about them being robbed of interaction which is a huge part of the game they are not experiencing then you wouldnt have "turned" since you seem to have made quite a passionate post.

How many hours in game do you have? Im at about 830 plus 500 of the mod. Do i kos? NO! Learn to deal with people.

Basically all you did was waste my time, and yours.

Hardly, if anything you saved them time by being able to look at what you grabbed for them. No reason not to kill everyone you see unless you want to try playing like a normal person would act.

All my great friends in my steamlist are people ive meet IN-Game, really cool interactions leads to new frienships, but the most of the time i get kos'd (who cares) anyway if you complain about all the INTERACTIONS the lost for taking the easy way, have you tried to hold people in military zones? where perfectly you could have someone covering the door , so if they come to try hold you up, they can loss everything by trying to make your game experience more enjoyable, i always try to hold people, even snipers and fully geared people, but the thing is that not everyone is like you, i can can tell you that im a friendly guy, but most of the half of the times i tried to hold people, they dont give a fuck and try to either run or shoot me. most of the time they drop dead and the rest of my attemps i get killed by them or they friends. so dont be an hypocrite, cuz most of the time a swift and clear shots its better than dealing with whiny little bitches