Sign in to follow this  
Jex

What's in your Zombie Survival Kit?

Do you even have one?

Much like a zombie survival plan, the zombie survival kits is the next most important thing to have. Without a plan you're fucked. Without a plan and a kit you're proper fucked. So when the ZA happens and you have to reach for it, what have you put in there to help you over the coming weeks and months....

Remember, it has to be lightweight and something you can grab at a moments notice. In mine I'd have....

Tampons, perfect for starting fires.

Box of matches

x2 lighters (zippo)

Lighter fuel

Swiss army knife

Hatchet

Knife

Whetstone

Sewing Kit

Water bottle (filled)

Water purification tablets

My old army cooking pot (compact and light with it's own little cooker)

Fuel for pot

Socks and underwear

Bottle of Alcohol

Bag of Porridge

Bag of rice

• Like 1

Samurai sword at the end of the bed.

My house mates a survivalist so i'd probably just kill him and take his kit/bag.

Edited by P3Nn
  • Like 4

I'd just tie up my wife and kids, throw them, our two dogs, two cats, bearded dragon and gecko into the car that's parked in the garage, run some hose from the exhaust inside the back window, turn the car on, and wait.

Who the fuck wants to live through that shit? Your kids are going to be permanently mind-fucked, you're never going to have sex with your wife again, and you can't possibly keep an eye on everything at all times. You're all eventually going to die. I'd rather give my family a gentle release than have some horrible nightmare come to fruition before they're ripped apart and eaten alive.

You guys have fun eating dog food and bathing in dirty ponds for the rest of your life, though. =)

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 2

Let's be honest, there's no point me even thinking about this - I think I would just die very quickly.  I have no practical survival skills, I have never hunted or caught an animal (even fish), never had to kill an animal nor prepare it.  I would have no idea about what to do or how to do it and, whilst survival is a great motivator, I'm just not sure it's in me to do these things.

Even worse, I have no fitness which, as I understand it, is key to survivlal. Nor am I very strong or aggressive.  Faced with a zombie\infected person trying to hurt me I am not convinced I would be able to sufficiently repress all my years of "it's not ok to hurt other people" and actually kill it - certainly not without sustaining damage myself in the process.  And that's very important because unlike films\TV and games, when people get hurt and are ok 3 minutes later, in reality people stay hurt for a long time and it can severely impact their ability, not to mention the risk of infection, etc...

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I have no idea if I could cope psychologically.

Grimey Rick - you got room in that car for one more please? ;-)

Edited by krazypenguin

While you you all talking about apocalypse and so on. I am living in one, my entire 30+ years. Day to day is like living in hell. Zombie apocalyse ? Would give me a room to "breathe".

Those people that went thru horror and back thru their years. Such apocalyse woud not touch them, mentaly or psychical (You dont have be to sry for me. I adapted and ill survive).

I understand.... sometimes it's hard to accept where and how you live.

My kit ?

Dayz showed me new skills, which i didnt use before in real life. Sound and smell are one of those for real life.

My survival skills brought to me from already small age, tnx to my cousins and family. I can fish all day long, without needing a pc, tv, phone etc.... I can track animals, skin them and so on :).

Concetration of zombies would be several hundred in my area. Whole vilage has fences, vels and solid brick houses. We went thru wars, so we understand, what can happen.

Edited by metalica24

The last box of Twinkies on earth.

HT_Twinkie_Box_jef_130709_16x9_992.jpg

... and maybe a crowbar.

... and maybe some beef jerkey, a camelback for water, an overunder 20 gauge shot 22 rifle, some rope, giant box of matches, a decent backpack, a pot to boil water in, a blanket, a small tarp, and a rolled up yoga mat (to sleep on... and maybe do yoga if I got bored even though I suck at it)

• Like 1

The last box of Twinkies on earth.

HT_Twinkie_Box_jef_130709_16x9_992.jpg

... and maybe a crowbar.

... and maybe some beef jerkey, a camelback for water, an overunder 20 gauge shot 22 rifle, some rope, giant box of matches, a decent backpack, a pot to boil water in, a blanket, a small tarp, and a rolled up yoga mat (to sleep on... and maybe do yoga if I got bored even though I suck at it)

Given the gif in your signature, this does not surprise me at all!

P.S. - Awesome film :-)

Edited by krazypenguin
  • Like 1

While you you all talking about apocalypse and so on. I am living in one, my entire 30+ years. Day to day is like living in hell. Zombie apocalyse ? Would give me a room to "breathe".

Those people that went thru horror and back thru their years. Such apocalyse woud not touch them, mentaly or psychical (You dont have be to sry for me. I adapted and ill survive).

I understand.... sometimes it's hard to accept where and how you live.

My kit ?

Dayz showed me new skills, which i didnt use before in real life. Sound and smell are one of those for real life.

My survival skills brought to me from already small age, tnx to my cousins and family. I can fish all day long, without needing a pc, tv, phone etc.... I can track animals, skin them and so on :).

Concetration of zombies would be several hundred in my area. Whole vilage has fences, vels and solid brick houses. We went thru wars, so we understand, what can happen.

I find it funny that someone with such a post found his niche playing video games and posting on forums.

Well played.

I don't plan for things that aren't going to happen.

I'd just tie up my wife and kids, throw them, our two dogs, two cats, bearded dragon and gecko into the car that's parked in the garage, run some hose from the exhaust inside the back window, turn the car on, and wait.

I read this a second time with Yakety Sax playing in my head.

I find it funny that someone with such a post found his niche playing video games and posting on forums.

Well played.

What ever you see fit. All ok :). My post aint beatiful or insanely good writen. Gaming is my escape from rl. I have meet a lot of people who have/had trouble life and are doing same as me by playing games.

Edit: When i reach lvl 60/70 in rl, ill still play games :lol: .

Edited by metalica24

Hell, I'd enlist.

Snowballs chance in hell the armed forces would be overrun. free food, water, shelter, and ammunition.

I don't believe a zombie apocalypse will ever happen. But if it did, I would probably bring a decently sized hammer, a few water bottles, some canned food, peroxide, bandages, a couple pocket knives, machete, a rifle, a pistol if I could find one, and if I had the room for it, my aluminum baseball bat. I didn't plan this list out because I don't plan for things like this that will never happen. I just listed everything off the top of my head.

Who the fuck wants to live through that shit? Your kids are going to be permanently mind-fucked, you're never going to have sex with your wife again, and you can't possibly keep an eye on everything at all times. You're all eventually going to die. I'd rather give my family a gentle release than have some horrible nightmare come to fruition before they're ripped apart and eaten alive.

You guys have fun eating dog food and bathing in dirty ponds for the rest of your life, though. =)

Gee, a fake zombie apocalypse would really be bad for you.

Gee, a fake zombie apocalypse would really be bad for you.

If someone could pull off a "fake" zombie apocalypse, I tip my hat to them in advance. Naturally, I'd need some tangible proof that the world was fucked. ;3