BroskyBro

my stuff keeps reseting

Hi, this is really getting annoying. I wasted my entire morning getting to the military base. I got off for around half an hour, came back, and my guy is reset, I have nothing, and I'm on the beach. This is the second time this has happened to me within the past two days. What is going on? The game is fun, and I know it's in alpha, but this is beyond stupid. What gives?

• Like 1

Did you go back to the same server?

My guess would be no. If you were on a private server and went to any other server, fresh spawn.

• Like 1

Make sure of a few things

1) That you're joining the same type of server; 1pp or 3pp

2) That you're joining the same type of hive; public or private

3) That you're not logging off with other players nearby, upon logging off there are still a few seconds where you can be killed (this is so people don't combat log)

4) Don't log back on immediately after a server restart, people report their players getting wiped, wait a few minutes.

5) Don't get attached to your gear.

• Like 3

4) Don't log back on immediately after a server restart, people report their players getting wiped, wait a few minutes.

THIS.

It is definitely happening - we got tons of report on our server although we have this listed in our FAQ and on the bottom of our forum - people still seem to think it´s server related or admins doing this.

Actually it´s the server not being connected to the central character database in the first seconds upon startup ;)

I just had my character from the musty gamers server (private) moved from Novy Sobor back to Berezino in a totally different outfit, different pack... different weapon. So not a total wipe- VERY weird. I'd been playing with a friend at the time- so I know we weren't crashed since we ran together to Novy from Ber. 

Kind of a weird roll back considering I had all different stuff? 

Anyone else?

I don't play on private servers.

Well then. Do you make sure you join either 3rdP or 1stP servers only?

• Like 1

Also important to note that some of the Private servers do infact show up as "Public" in the listing.

Well then. Do you make sure you join either 3rdP or 1stP servers only?

Yes, you are referring to 3rd person/1st person next to the server name and stuff?

i have the same issue. played on a server with 3 people and i was in the middle of no where and i logged and when i came on the next day my character was gone. i didnt mind much until it happened 3 more times and one of them was while i was playing. it must be a bug or something because it happened to my friend too