The Aquatic Land Walrus

I feel like an asshole

fully geared players and electro only means they are looking for trouble.

so, he got his trouble and you had your fun. good job man

Having the loot is nice, I thought this way at one point in my Dayz gaming past. I feel now though that its just stuff, I can always get more. I don't focus on getting uber rare guns and loot, mainly roll around with a shotgun, mp5 or SKS. If I happen to die oh well, I can find 2 of the 3 guns fairly easy. I mainly play as a medic/trader and tend to look as unthreatning as possible, hell most of the time I just roll around with a magnum or 1911.

Just try playing on a private hive and go looking for trouble, preferably on a server you have no connection to and live carefree. You'll break the habit of being attached to you loot real quick

I want to be like you so much .-.

I've started rolling with a friend in a PVP private hive. No kills yet, but I think I'm catching on.

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus

I've started rolling with a friend in a PVP private hive. No kills yet, but I think I'm catching on.

Its your game, and you play it the way you see fit. If pvp is not your style then don't. I assume you have never played FPS type games before?

The thing is being attached to your gear, we all feel that way but once you start pvping you lose focus on the gear and go for the kills. If your a kill then disappear type, then you most likely are attached to your gear.

Once stats get improved on you will see things go differently. Hopefully the mechanics of the stamina doesn't kill the game, I have a bad feeling it might be not what people expect. It may turn off people from PVP and go the other route to H1Z1 or something close for the PVP. Sad truth is many do enjoy pvp. PVE, in dayz isn't really that interesting from what I see in Alpha. Maybe in final release it will be with patches.

To me it sounds like you need to find a No KOS type RP server. There is a few out there btw.

Just find a place to chill and live carefree, find a server you have no gear or attachments to and start to live a new life. It took me awhile to break the old habits I had but after a friend suggested I try playing a medic or trader, I was hooked. Getting shot or killed on sight didn't seem to bother me as much any more. Not saying I won't put a bullet in someones ass for trying to do me or my squad wrong but it was interesting to watch a squad mate gun down some guys from FOG on their server, just not really my thing

Its your game, and you play it the way you see fit. If pvp is not your style then don't. I assume you have never played FPS type games before?

The thing is being attached to your gear, we all feel that way but once you start pvping you lose focus on the gear and go for the kills. If your a kill then disappear type, then you most likely are attached to your gear.

Once stats get improved on you will see things go differently. Hopefully the mechanics of the stamina doesn't kill the game, I have a bad feeling it might be not what people expect. It may turn off people from PVP and go the other route to H1Z1 or something close for the PVP. Sad truth is many do enjoy pvp. PVE, in dayz isn't really that interesting from what I see in Alpha. Maybe in final release it will be with patches.

To me it sounds like you need to find a No KOS type RP server. There is a few out there btw.

I play FPS games all the time. The only problem is that you don't lose 2 hours when you snipe a guy.

I play FPS games all the time. The only problem is that you don't lose 2 hours when you snipe a guy.

This indeed is a hardcore way to die.

I think that that if a person is truly a pacifist, they are either ignorant, naive, or just flat out inhumane. 

Are you sure you didn't make a typo here?

I think that that if a person isn't truly a pacifist, they are either ignorant, naive, or just flat out inhumane.

Edited by Beav

Are you sure you didn't make a typo here?

I think that that if a person isn't truly a pacifist, they are either ignorant, naive, or just flat out inhumane.

I am certain I did not. 

Alright then, good to know you are not a person I would like to know in real life.

Yeah! Fuck those guys who don't like causing others to waste hours of their time.

Assholes only on the Apocalypse Train.

• Like 1

Having the loot is nice, I thought this way at one point in my Dayz gaming past. I feel now though that its just stuff, I can always get more. I don't focus on getting uber rare guns and loot, mainly roll around with a shotgun, mp5 or SKS. If I happen to die oh well, I can find 2 of the 3 guns fairly easy. I mainly play as a medic/trader and tend to look as unthreatning as possible, hell most of the time I just roll around with a magnum or 1911.

Just try playing on a private hive and go looking for trouble, preferably on a server you have no connection to and live carefree. You'll break the habit of being attached to you loot real quick

I really want to be like you. A lot.

Maybe we could work together some time?

I really want to be like you. A lot.

Maybe we could work together some time?

We could roll together if you want. Im sure there are plenty of people more qualified to show you the way, let me know what your preferences are for server selection. 1pp or 3pp doesn't matter to me, as well as low/med/high pop servers

Oh I felt really bad after my first kill too... It's quite sick if you tell me. That killing a character does so much to us... I mean, in Battlefield it's nothing, but here, were people spent time looking for gear and stuff... It feels more personal.

Not anymore, I shoot people often actually, mostly because they start shooting at me.

Edited by EvilTigerAce
  • Like 1

We could roll together if you want. Im sure there are plenty of people more qualified to show you the way, let me know what your preferences are for server selection. 1pp or 3pp doesn't matter to me, as well as low/med/high pop servers

I'm just getting into more populated servers. It's a lot more fun when you get to see people.

3pp usually, because I'm not fond of running in 1st person.

This post really intrigued me when I first read it. I'm very surprised that you have held on this long without killing a single player. I mean seriously, you would think eventually it would happen by accident. While I understand your attachment to your gear (I'm the same way) I feel like the real thrill of DayZ is taking risks that not only jeopardize your gear, but your character as well! For example I ventured out to prison island last night in search of AK's and ammo, but was killed within five minutes of arriving there. So when fully geared and in complete admiration of said gear, what do you do to pass your time in dayz?

I personally see nothing wrong with being attached to your gear. You should be, it is your reward for finding it. If I spend hours finding a rare vest or gun, of course I'll be attached to it, I put lots of effort into finding it. 

Great therapy might be playing on a bunch of private hives, when you have something like 8+ avatars to choose from it helps in curing the jitters or guilt associated with player interactions and the hoarding mindset. Take it to the next level: next kill, carve him up and dine! See what this game has to offer.

It's been 4 fucking years though.

Also, I'm naturally a pacifist. I hate causing others grief.

Im impressed.

Edited by Buck10489

If he was even afk and wasn't just a ghost avatar left behind after logging off.

Lol I'm the oposite of you OP, when I started in the mod I would kill anything that moves. Even my friend who was playing with me got his head blown up, not by accident lol.

Nowadays I find more fun in trying to make contact with a person, you know the risk in the first 10 secs you meet someone with a gun and simply can't know what she/he will do to you? Its cool to talk your way through these situations, where the person has the drop on you.

Yesterday I was a freshpawn in electro, turned arround a corner and there was a man with a shotgun pointed at my face. I though I was dead man, but we managed to talk and stablish a basic trust, so he let me live and we go on our ways. The tension it creates when you have a shotgun in your nose, the fact that you life can end by a simple click, its much better then KoS lol.. Its amazing how immersive it is, you really start to think on things to say that might save your ass! But in the past that was the thing I did the most, shot people in the face, not even for their loot, just for the thrill. Even better when they cryied at the global chat, that was my KoS fuel tbh.

But hey, killing people is really fun too OP, I do recomend. Once in the mod I made 2 clans start a war, I sniped a member of clan X in balota airfield, the guy was a fresh respawn. He immediately blames the members of clan Y for this terrorist act, now the global chat is filled with swearings and death threats lol. Next 2 days it was a violent clan war, I never laughed that much in DayZ man, then I meet one guy from clan X, at start I was all friendly and helpfull but I couldn't hold it, I had to tell him that I was the one who killed the guy at balota and started the war. Man, they got so mad at me lol I was laughing my ass off man, they proceed to kill me, then I respawn, walk a bit and hear a humvee aproaching, killed again. They killed me like 8 times in a row man, best fun I ever had in this game so far.

As for a hoarder, I never was. I don't have patience OP, wish I had so I could find some cool stuff but I don't.

Edited by Avant-Garde

So you are a pacifist, but you attacked an AFK guy? Other than that, well done, heh.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone