r4z0r49

DayZ Mod Hotfix 1.8.4.1

Would have said memory leak with the FPS drop over time, but that would not explain the lagged animations. Maybe it has to do with your ping, high pings can cause frames to drop and pausing of the game while it sorts it out.

I think it might be due to the increase in the max zombie count.  In 1.8.3 the max zombies was 300. When the cap is very large in a full server you'll exceed that number (I've seen around 420+).  Prior to 1.8.3 the max zombie count was 10000 if my memory serves me correct and we had similar issues (note I've never seen a server go above 450+).  Within 1.8.3 there was less video lag which might have been to less zombies and thus less overall server load.  Anyways just a thought.

There's 3 things you can do:

• Throttle your zombies
  • Reduce your player count
  • Get a screaming haswell chip that's closer to 4.0ghz for your server.
Edited by Geryon

I think it might be due to the increase in the max zombie count. In 1.8.3 the max zombies was 300. When the cap is very large in a full server you'll exceed that number (I've seen around 420+). Prior to 1.8.3 the max zombie count was 10000 if my memory serves me correct and we had similar issues (note I've never seen a server go above 450+). Within 1.8.3 there was less video lag which might have been to less zombies and thus less overall server load. Anyways just a thought.

There's 3 things you can do:

• Throttle your zombies
  • Reduce your player count
  • Get a screaming haswell chip that's closer to 4.0ghz for your server.
I have seen around 700 zombies when the server is full. It's worse performance in 1.8.4 then 1.8.3 afaik.

Server fps has been at 2 after a 3h session with 50 players for a long time.

Edited by vinyljunkie

I have seen around 700 zombies when the server is full. It's worse performance in 1.8.4 then 1.8.3 afaik.

Server fps has been at 2 after a 3h session with 50 players for a long time.

When you add stuff its bound to happen performance will get worse with the massive changes in 1.8.3 we need to make everything stable again. 

• Like 1

You could also limit the zeds if your having issues dayz_maxGlobalZeds = 500: < in your init found within the mission.

You could also limit the zeds if your having issues dayz_maxGlobalZeds = 500: < in your init found within the mission.

Found it, testing a lower setting.

Edited by vinyljunkie

Are padlocks enabled?? No one on 434 or 436 has seen one yet. It would be nice to upgrade our gates.

Are padlocks enabled?? No one on 434 or 436 has seen one yet. It would be nice to upgrade our gates.

They are but seem rare. I have found one in Zub Castle on Europa server.

Is the break in mechanic for locked gates not working?  I obtained a working sledgehammer and crowbar but did not get an option to break into a locked gate when I approached it.  I'm trying this based on the info regarding gates in the 1.8.4 changelog.  Am I missing something?

I get the break in option with a pick axe and crow bar in the inventory. Not sure I need both though.

Edited by vinyljunkie

Very little research has gone into this comment hasn't it? The frogs have been able to find 2 as it stands and have built up their base using them. I myself have gotten my hands on 2 now. If you think something is not in the spawns, check the loot table yourself, you will be pleased to know padlocks are there. They are rare, but existent none the less.

Very little research?  Please point me to an UP TO DATE website with dayz mod loot table.  Every site I've seen is 1.8.1/2 info at best.

Are you guys finding the padlocks on bodies or loot piles?  If it's piles, which type?

Is the break in mechanic for locked gates not working?  I obtained a working sledgehammer and crowbar but did not get an option to break into a locked gate when I approached it.  I'm trying this based on the info regarding gates in the 1.8.4 changelog.  Am I missing something?

It's broke atm i left the system in for the owner to see it not everyone else :-(.

I'm hoping to do a patch monday as i've had very little feedback from the commits on github i'll have to leave it .

Very little research? Please point me to an UP TO DATE website with dayz mod loot table. Every site I've seen is 1.8.1/2 info at best.

Are you guys finding the padlocks on bodies or loot piles? If it's piles, which type?

Where do you think those websites get their loot table info? They get it from the game files themselves. Assuming you own the game, you too can find it, just as the rest of us have to do. You find them spawn in castles by themselves, rarely, but surely.

It's broke atm i left the system in for the owner to see it not everyone else :-(.

I'm hoping to do a patch monday as i've had very little feedback from the commits on github i'll have to leave it .

From what it looks like what Vinyl is saying is that it works with pick axe but not with the sledge. Maybe look what is missing from the sledge that the pick has?

_hasSledgeHammer = "ItemSledgeHammer" in items player;

_hasCrowbar = "ItemCrowbar" in items player;

Nope seems correct sledge and crowbar

My SQL not work im add Vehicle and vehicle not respawn map.

Im edit Object SPAWNS and Gives the coordinates of spawn and there is no Vehicle. :(

Where is any file that I can edit the respawn Vehicle??

Someone has an idea how to fix it??

Thx.

b_560x95.png

b_560x95.png

Edited by zbig281

I get the break in option with a pick axe and crow bar in the inventory. Not sure I need both though.

Is that on your own gate or someone else's?

Is that on your own gate or someone else's?

id guess it was as the option does not show for non admins so im told atm.

My SQL not work im add Vehicle and vehicle not respawn map.

Im edit Object SPAWNS and Gives the coordinates of spawn and there is no Vehicle. :(

Where is any file that I can edit the respawn Vehicle??

Someone has an idea how to fix it??

Thx.

simple, just set more cars in database in pmain

by def there is only ~80 max objects on server

simple, just set more cars in database in pmain

by def there is only ~80 max objects on server

I had this problem as well...

On my server no new vehicles where spawned until I realized that destroyed vehicles (damage=1) are not deleted from the object_data table in the cleanup-routine. Now I simply call a php script that deletes all destroyed vehicles from the table upon startup (I´m too lazy to get into stored database procedures...), so their "spawn-slot" is cleaned up for a fresh vehicle.

Maybe I´m getting some things wrong about the spawning logic, but it works for me.

edit... and you have the raise the max number of the vehicle class in object_class and maybe tinker around with the probability there.

Edited by dayzjarhead

in Pmain set this as much you wish

DECLARE iVehSpawnMax INT DEFAULT xxx

but dont forget that fences, stash and upgraded tents counted as veh in database ;)

• Like 1

Hoping to have a development branch pushed on steam in the next day or so.

I had this problem as well...

On my server no new vehicles where spawned until I realized that destroyed vehicles (damage=1) are not deleted from the object_data table in the cleanup-routine.

Make sure your DB procedures are up to date. Damaged items not being cleaned was fixed fairly recently (1.8.3 release I think)

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/blob/Development/SQL/1.8.4/pCleanup.sql#L31

Edited by Kerbo