r4z0r49

DayZ Mod Hotfix 1.8.4.1

I dont understand, this is not working for me.

When i click on the links that you posted for both client and server files it started downloading something from osu (another game) for me... that is weird

So i cannot get this new patch

Also I tried using dayz launcher but it just says downloading metadata after i click download and there is a bar, but it never fills up...

Help? thanks.

This patch is automatically downloaded using steam.

This patch is automatically downloaded using steam.

It has been updated on steam, but when i try to join my usual server (running on 1.8.4) it still says you have the wrong version of dayz installed. I asked the server host and he said steam only partly updates dayz, thats whys its not working?

It has been updated on steam, but when i try to join my usual server (running on 1.8.4) it still says you have the wrong version of dayz installed. I asked the server host and he said steam only partly updates dayz, thats whys its not working?

So, just so I get this right..

You're running 1.8.4.1 and you're joining a server that is running a different version than you are (1.8.4) and you're wondering why it's giving you the message that you're running a wrong version?

• Like 1

Im not sure, I have the version that steam auto updated for me, while the server Im trying to join I think has 1.8.4

If i do have 1.8.4.1 how do I go back to 1.8.4? 

Thanks

Im not sure, I have the version that steam auto updated for me

When you launch the game, in the mainmenu on the bottom right it will tell you which version you're running.

If i do have 1.8.4.1 how do I go back to 1.8.4? 

1. Rightclick DayZ Mod on Steam
  2. Go to Properties
  3. In the now opened window click on the "Beta" Tab
  4. From the dropdownmenu under "Select the Beta you would like to opt into" select "1.8.4"
  5. It will redownload and you have 1.8.4

Ok, I’ve done that and figured my dayz is running at 1.8.4.1.

but when I try to downdate my dayz to 1.8.4 it only adds a Dayz Mod [1.8.4] naming on the game, it doesn’t actually downdate the game.

Ok, I’ve done that and figured my dayz is running at 1.8.4.1.

but when I try to downdate my dayz to 1.8.4 it only adds a Dayz Mod [1.8.4] naming on the game, it doesn’t actually downdate the game.

Verify or Wait for steam to update or find a server that stay upto date faster.

corpse of dzai and mission system disappear when their kill 

We don't take care of those, not the place to post.

what ever happened to the different survivor skins? I thought that was going to make it into 1.8.4? Seems ever since 1.8 and > they have not been in the game.

what ever happened to the different survivor skins? I thought that was going to make it into 1.8.4? Seems ever since 1.8 and > they have not been in the game.

I noticed this today as well.  There is something still messed up with the humanity system.  Cannot get a hero skin no matter how high humanity is.

I noticed this today as well.  There is something still messed up with the humanity system.  Cannot get a hero skin no matter how high humanity is.

It works fine here.

Can you test this with me on my server some time?  I know players get bandit skins just fine, but I have yet to see hero skins applied to players with high humanity.

Okay I finally got a chance to play this weekend and take notes on temperature.  I'm playing on US434 which currently labels temperature as "disabled" (which means the override is NOT turned on if I'm reading Razor's post on it correctly).

I have had different results at all times of day and night, meaning that factors like wind and rain must have a significant impact.  When I was being affected the most (meaning it must have been really cold outside), here are the times I recorded:

• At a starting temp of 42 degrees I went prone and it took approx 5 minutes to get down to 32 degrees (thermometer nearly empty, character shivering)
  • I lit a campfire and it took me approx 3 minutes to get back up to 42 degrees
  • I then constantly ran for approx 5 minutes with virtually no temperature loss, just one degree I believe
  • I warmed back up to 42 degrees at a fire, then proceeded with normal gameplay (running from town to town, stopping to loot/eat/drink, etc).  It took approx 15 minutes to go down from 42 degrees to 36 degrees.
  • At this point I decided to play slow, creeping and hiding in trees, like you would while looting NWAF.  Within an additional 5 minutes I was down from 36 degrees to 32 degrees, making for a grand total of 20 minutes to go from 42 down to 32 with varied gameplay (running, looting, sneaking)

This may not have been during the harshest conditions, as one or two times while playing I've noticed that my temp was dropping even while running.  One thing I noticed is that when it was cold out I could never get my body temp to go up by walking, running, or sprinting.  It only served to stave off temp loss.  There have been much less harsh conditions during day and night where we didn't even have to worry about body temp at all.  It's hard to see the factors that affect body temp at work in-game until you notice your body temp dropping.

My personal opinion on all this:  I like the challenge a lot, but I think it's just too harsh for the average new player and for fresh spawns that don't have matches.  We've only been able to survive the colder nights by looting several boxes of matches and building campfires every 20 minutes or so.  I personally can hack it and really like the distraction (never getting bored when there's not PvP happening now...constantly maintaining body temp and health).  However, it's just too challenging for new players and fresh spawns.  New players don't know where to find matches or pre-lit fires throughout the map.  They're dying off really fast as soon as they leave the coast (lots of comments about it in side chat).  We find carrying antibiotics and/or a camping tent vital to survival, but a fresh spawn without a backpack may not be able to haul a tent around and will have a hard time finding antibiotics before dying of infection from hypothermia.

I think that with some tweaks there could be a really good middle ground.  Making it necessary to warm up at a fire every 45 minutes or so rather than every 20 minutes would be good (I know there's not a slider setting for how often you need to warm up, I'm just recommending tweaking the settings so that is the end result).  It would also be really neat if some cold weather skins (coats/hats/something) were added that had a positive impact on how the player reacts to cold weather, but I think it would be essential to make bandit versions of these skins so that you can't just mask being a bandit by putting warm weather clothing on.  Upping the spawn rate of heatpacks and matches might be one way to ease the challenge as well.

As a side note, I think you should be able to reignite campfires after they've gone out without the penalty of losing another match.  It makes sense to have to add more firewood, but it's easy to relight campfires in real life with remaining embers.  This could create a cool mechanic of setting up a temporary campsite in the woods near places you want to loot like Stary/NWAF and returning back to that campfire to relight it and warm back up without losing a match.  Even better, if a timer could be added to that so that you could only relight it for say 20 minutes after the fire goes out then if someone else passes by and notices that it can be relit, they'll know that someone has been in the area recently.

I definitely like the direction of the more harsh temperature mechanic, but people are already leaving the mod because it's becoming "too hard".  I think dialing it back a little bit and/or making it easier for fresh spawns to find ways to warm up would be a good thing.

• Like 4

Thanks for the feedback, a few things to note:

• It is far easier (even for freshspawns) to maintain temperatur in houses - which should be the main to do this and a way to make it have less of an impect. Everything should simply slow down.
  • You should be able to maintain a fire if you keep adding fuel, no? If you do let it go out you will need another Match. It's a design-choice and one that makes sense IMHO.
  • Like 1

It's a design choice that I think made perfect sense before the change in temp effects.  I really like the idea of stoking the fire with fresh firewood, but with the current necessity of making campfires every 20 minutes to survive (because, let's be honest, a majority of time in DayZ mod is spent outdoors traveling from town to town), I think allowing players to re-light a campfire within 20 minutes or so of it going out without penalizing them with losing a match would be a nice addition.  I think it would be good for the game because though the environmental conditions should be harsh, you do still want players moving around rather than digging in for the storm.  If players had the option to relight, they could ration their matches, light a campfire outside some key towns they want to loot (most notable would be Stary/Kabanino/NWAF/Vybor), and return to the campfire and relight it after looting each town.  This way they're playing against harsh conditions but can also move around the map without rapidly going through matches.

Either way thanks for taking it into consideration and the continual work on all the complicated dynamics of the game.  I've been having a lot of fun playing it lately!

• Like 1

Yea the temperature system was a gamble its been broken for so long now i was thinking of just removing it all together still am to be fair. But thought id give everyone a chance to see how the game would play out with it in. i'll let you guys decide the fate of it.

• Like 1

It may be nice to have a tweaked temp system which would not deterr players from travelling. Especially when starting out, you're looking at forest running for a good while. I'm thinking of something like your temperature should rise much quicker when indoors/next to a fire/in a vehicle and it should decrease slowly (slower than now) when walking, standing outsite. For example, a day of running outsite, with stopping from time to time for look around would seem to be a balanced way to keep the temp constant (running = overheating slowly + stopping = cooling down slowly - all good)

On another note, I found a fireaxe on a rooftop and I could not pick it up (no option to loot). I don't think this was just a prop, could it be a new bug?

Edited by cucu
  • Like 3

Yea the temperature system was a gamble its been broken for so long now i was thinking of just removing it all together still am to be fair. But thought id give everyone a chance to see how the game would play out with it in. i'll let you guys decide the fate of it.

I find it perfect now, It can't be discarded and you need to plan ahead. Just like in IRL.

I find it perfect now, It can't be discarded and you need to plan ahead. Just like in IRL.

You have to take new players and fresh spawns into consideration.  I personally LOVE the challenge, but new players are dropping like flies because they do not understand the ins and outs like we do having played for a long time and reading up on all the factors here.  They're literally dying of infection before they can find their way to Stary.  Most new players can't navigate straight to the nearest enterable building, they spend a lot of time wandering through the woods.  Fresh spawns have only pre-lit fire barrels and POI building fires as an option to warm up.  Staying inside only mitigates temp loss, you have to be next to a fire to actually raise your body temp.  Also, if you're thinking of spending any significant time in the Northern areas away from towns, you have to stock up on a lot of matches.  With only 5 per box and the fact that having different quantity boxes in your tool belt can cause one to disappear, you're using up a lot of backpack space just to keep warm.

It's a great mechanic and I love the challenge, it just needs to be dialed back a bit.  I think players should be able to actually warm up inside buildings and maybe very *slowly* warm up while running.  I like the necessity to find shelter when it's raining.  My friend Smurf and I were on US434 last night and each found a respective deer stand to wait out a storm so we could then meet up without freezing to death on the way to meet each other.  The rain subsided after 3-4 minutes, it was great just digging in and waiting out the worst of it as it didn't take much time but made us think about and plan our traveling.

• Like 3

You have to take new players and fresh spawns into consideration. 

I hear you BC but they tend to learn, just like we did when we started playing the mod ourselves. It's a challenge and I think that making it easier might have the opposite effect.

My vote goes to make it have less impact than now. I'm really worried about loosing even more casual players due to the ever-increasing difficulty level. The sheer mass of players & bambis back when the mod was big used to greatly enrich the playing experience for me. Nothing better than interacting with less experienced strangers who tend to get themselves into trouble and need rescue. :) This isn't the first time I see a public gaming project conducted by a few hardcore gamers/enthousiasts getting more and more complex and difficult, to make it more challenging for the pros. The downside is that you loose everybody but the pros, which would be the final death blow for the mod.

Personally, I would like the temperature to have a noticable negative effect only when the player exposes himself to like an hour if playing in the rain, camping, or at night. It's great that it CAN have an effect, but moving around in daylight shouldn't let the temp drop to a level where any counter measure is needed. All players are fully dressed, right? Summer in Chernarus can't be THAT cold, can it? Having to make a fire every half an hour or so just to warm up is definitely too much to ask from the average player (of which DayZ needs so many), given how much items are needed and how scarce carrying space has become. Also, I would really like to avoid the in-house-camping plague the standalone suffers from, so I'm not sure if making everyone spend much more time indoors is a good idea, at least during daytime.

EDIT: typos

Edited by RomanZ

The temperature system is not making the game that much harder.  If you're looking around in buildings for loot or getting into vehicles or running around the map you will have no trouble staying warm.  If you're way out in the map in the wilderness setting up a camp it may make it a little harder, but nothing that a fire can't fix or going for a run to a town for more supplies.

DayZ, after all, is a SURVIVAL game.  Getting cold in in a city or in the wilderness is one of the biggest factors of survival in real life.  Why not have it in a game about surviving??

• Like 3

Temp system has a few problems: on top of most of buildings you're gaining temperature, even when rain is falling on you. Also, in some buildings (like southern crane in Chernogorsk and southern cranes in Elektrozavodsk) you're losing temperature, even if you're inside. Also, you're losing temperature in a helicopter if you're flying above water.

Edited by VidKo
  • Like 1