Exiled_Soul

Barret 50. cal?

Does anyone know if there will be a Barret 50.cal added later in game? just curious if anyone has heard anything.

Stop. Just stop. 

• Like 13

Stop. Just stop. 

He just asked a question, man...we've had worse

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 4

I doubt there will ever be such a weapon in DayZ. Try the Deringer B)

ok lol thanks for the input. 

Does anyone know if there will be a Barret 50.cal added later in game? just curious if anyone has heard anything.

While the .50 cal Barret is unlikely to make an appearance, Chris Torchia in an AMA mentioned he has a model done for the .308 Barret. As to whether we'll see that or not is unknown.

That said, I could see the .308 being put in if it's only found at heli crash sites similar to the m4 and aug. The caliber already exists in the game, too. Ultimately your best bet is to wait for steam workshop integration and mods adding it in. 

The funny thing is every sniper I've talked (real life one, not video game player) to hates the M107 and would rather use a M24. The thing is heavy as fuck and has a inconsistent MOA. Although I highly doubt the M107 or M82 would make an appearance I would love to see the M2 make one. Make players have to find a head space and timing tool to use it or risk damaging it or having it blow up on them.

• Like 1

Stop. Just stop. 

Stop what? Asking questions about a game on a game forum?

This forum is truly the worst community I have ever encountered regarding game questions.

So many of you elitist tools here, my god.

• Like 6

why would i need to stop? it was just a simple question no need to be rude about it.

They are just being GRUMPY NUMPKINS. Suprisingly, this forum has an FEW of them.

Edited by orlok
Be nice.
  • Like 1

Personally I think it would be cool to put it in the game. with the size of the map it would make sense to put something like that in there. just make it super rare along with the ammo. or make it so you have to find the separate pieces for it. i.e. barrel. stock mag etc.

Edited by Exiled_Soul

Thankfully it looks like they are against adding any .50 cals especially obscure m107s.

10k dollar .50 cal sniper rifles would not make any sense in Chenarus atleast not in any meaningful quantities.

Even within the US military the number of m107s is not significant at all.

• Like 3

Thankfully it looks like they are against adding any .50 cals especially obscure m107s.

10k dollar .50 cal sniper rifles would not make any sense in Chenarus atleast not in any meaningful quantities.

that why i said make them super rare. and they could do the m82 which is the single shot bolt action one. that way people arent just semi firing rounds down field

that why i said make them super rare. and they could do the m82 which is the single shot bolt action one. that way people arent just semi firing rounds down field

Making them super rare to the point where it would make sense would be a collosal waste of time and resources.

It would be some insignificant number like 50 across all servers and ammo would be impossible to find.

• Like 1

i still think it would be neat. even if they didnt make it super rare like that they could make it so it slows you down when you have it because of the weight. and you cant use it unless prone. 

You are wrong. Any designated Marksmen unit will have one. Not as much as M24s but my unit alone has eight. EOD units keep M107s in use for utility purposes. That being said I don't want to see it in game as I doubt they would portray it accurately and instead be an end tier sniper rifle.

• Like 3

I think it would be cool to see it as a really rare heli spawn, but I'm not sure it'll make it into the base game.

I say wait for Workshop Integration, I'm sure someone will make it.

Meh, if they're gonna push western weapons with US/NATO intervention I wouldn't be surprised if an M82 cropped up eventually, or a KSVK because Soviets.

If he's getting his .50 uber sniper, can I have the T72 or whatever, that I need to run him over pls?

If he's getting his thing, WHY CAN'T I HAVE MY THING.

Then we can bring in Apaches to deal with the T72s. And then SAMs to deal with the Apaches.

OP, can you see where this is headed?

• Like 2

How bout no........ This isn't COD/BF4/Insert FPS Here......... Even with U.S presence a Barrett is an decently rare find. Also, what do you think all the 12 year old quickscope420MLG

pros are going to do once something like an m107 is added? 

Server hop is the answer btw......

Edited by WilBischof
  • Like 1