Sign in to follow this  
gankaskon

What do you think will be the lifeblood of this game?

Having to take a dump in game. Once that's implemented I think the game will be complete.

TBH, I think it would be nice to have to take craps and leaks. It would leave you vulnerable and add some tension.

H1z1 is just plain terrible just now AND if you actually read my post you will see i say hopefully there will be options to swtich servers to suit different game styles and also 3 million units where not shifted just to design a game for a few thousand people surely !

What you mention is kind of possible now, but will be even more possible when persistents is more a permanent thing that doesn't reset every wens. I'm sure of that. Players are already getting into trading.

I haven't heard of any established trading post or protocols, aside from Bernaya River Co.  Trading threads on the forum are a good way to trade your charachter and all your *ruined* gear for one bullet and some lolz.  I was thinking something more along the lines of a mountain-man rendezvous, with all meeting/stash locations being kept in-game on a word-of-mouth basis.  Working on the honor system, we could establish a network of mountain supply stashes where people can deposit unwanted items in fair trade for something they want or need; kinda like a take-a-penny-leave-a-penny.  Once a stash makes it up to about six bags, it should remain stable and useful if everyone is sticking to the honor system.  If not, it creates a mission for co-op members to scout dropsites for the thieves who are siphoning off the system.  I'm pretty sure that with tent persistence added, we might see bags sruvive Wednesday Maintenance.  Even with the wipes, restocking the stashes would provide something to do besides PvP. Implementing such a system this early would mostly have the benefit of extra time to screen people, and see if this is a workable idea.  Guess I'll go see if I can find my bags today...

I haven't heard of any established trading post or protocols, aside from Bernaya River Co. Trading threads on the forum are a good way to trade your charachter and all your *ruined* gear for one bullet and some lolz. I was thinking something more along the lines of a mountain-man rendezvous, with all meeting/stash locations being kept in-game on a word-of-mouth basis. Working on the honor system, we could establish a network of mountain supply stashes where people can deposit unwanted items in fair trade for something they want or need; kinda like a take-a-penny-leave-a-penny. Once a stash makes it up to about six bags, it should remain stable and useful if everyone is sticking to the honor system. If not, it creates a mission for co-op members to scout dropsites for the thieves who are siphoning off the system. I'm pretty sure that with tent persistence added, we might see bags sruvive Wednesday Maintenance. Even with the wipes, restocking the stashes would provide something to do besides PvP. Implementing such a system this early would mostly have the benefit of extra time to screen people, and see if this is a workable idea. Guess I'll go see if I can find my bags today...

Well its not a bad idea you have. I think for some what solo players to have a place like that, would be good. A drop site like your saying. But trusted circle of players. Persistent I think when it gets better longer last, it would happen regularly. From what I understand now it works but its kind of wish washy so prob best not to try to store valuable items.

In fact right now I'm considering using persistent servers to temporarily store items as well as having a improvised backpack, because I gathering peices to make a ghillie suit. At the minimum I want to use improvised back pack which can be taken apart while equipped with the suit. I also was considering leaving a hunters pack stashed maybe that I can put on every Tuesday night that has a limited amount of supplies. But is it really worth it? I guess I will find out. Last patch I did have a build like that, but did not to test some methods out so this patch I will. I wouldn't mind experimenting with persistents a little more. I am definitely slowly getting into using persistent, only less valuable items.

Edited by CJFlint

I haven't heard of any established trading post or protocols, aside from Bernaya River Co.  

I've been a part of Green Mountain Sanctuary since the summer and when it ran, it ran really well. We'd have a constantly full 40 and most of the server would be at or near Green Mountain. The problem we ran in to was at first, ghosters logging in hidden locations and killing everyone. Then the hackers came and everything went to shit. Our group got labeled as hacking bandits who lured players in just to take their gear, so we just shut the whole thing down for months. We are throwing the idea of getting back up and running around since a lot has happened with the group since then (weeding out bad apples mainly) but there are still a few problems. Ghosting mainly, and a private server is too much for our owner to drop right now

Edited by gankaskon

Well its not a bad idea you have. I think for some what solo players to have a place like that, would be good. A drop site like your saying. But trusted circle of players. Persistent I think when it gets better longer last, it would happen regularly. From what I understand now it works but its kind of wish washy so prob best not to try to store valuable items.

In fact right now I'm considering using persistent servers to temporarily store items as well as having a improvised backpack, because I gathering peices to make a ghillie suit. At the minimum I want to use improvised back pack which can be taken apart while equipped with the suit. I also was considering leaving a hunters pack stashed maybe that I can put on every Tuesday night that has a limited amount of supplies. But is it really worth it? I guess I will find out. Last patch I did have a build like that, but did not to test some methods out so this patch I will. I wouldn't mind experimenting with persistents a little more. I am definitely slowly getting into using persistent, only less valuable items.

I mostly stash canned food, ammo, and extra clothes right now.  I just checked, the bags from my angry looting of NWAF was all erased.  However, it felt like some of the items that I dropped or traded-out while looting last night stayed in the same place and condition as I left them.  Next Tuesday night, I'm going to make a stash inside a building and see if it will keep.  Even without persistence fixed fully, it could be helpful to have shared stashes, maybe leave a note saying what you are looking for at the time.  Next time you visit, that specific magazine you have been searching for was left by someone who only wanted some of the .357 ammo.  It sure beats running around the map five times, or the dreaded server-hopping for the right loot.

Edited by emuthreat

Environment and zombies that just makes your life a hell and it's just a battle for survival. Hopefully some mods come out that focus those

Overall base building, vehicles and PVP are low on my list. Those things didn't attract me in the mod. I never had a tent camp anywhere, I never used tent to store anything. I only tried bicycle couple of times but it was just boring because you could go everywhere too quickly. Some PvP was fun sometimes but not main lifeblood for me.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Zombie skin DLC, exclusive weapons, grumpy cat gun skin camos, mountain dew promo codes, and a huge talent tree for leveling your character.

• Like 1

DayZ Communities will be the lifeblood.  Hands down.

Modding scene is second.