Sign in to follow this  
Magodark22

Field of view

Hello, i'd like to start a discussion here about the changes on field of view affecting the aiming, specially on the LRS.
What do you guys think about ? is it just me or someone else hates the fact ppl just press config and changes de FOV to get a good shot ?
is this considered a exploit ? in the future the staff is going to adress to this, or better, is this an issue ?

I think it is a issue. I don't think its a primary concern. They got bigger fish to fry at the moment. It would be nice to see it locked along with brightness and contrast. That way it forces people to deal with it instead of cranking it to abuse the feature.

• Like 1

I think it should be limited so you can't change FOV to such low values, giving the option to change the FOV on the main menu only , or having to wait like 30 secs each time you change FOV.

Edited by Wili
  • Like 1

I think it should be limited so you can't change FOV to such low values, giving the option to change the FOV only on the main menu, or having to wait like 30 secs each time you change FOV.

Changing the POV only on the main menu, looks like a nice ideia

Yes, I agree. Field of view is a real big problem. They better adress that shit ASAP.

I can already imagine them having a meeting.

Dev1: so today we start roling out true persistence and fixed tents to stable.

Dev2: okay, whats the progress on the vehicles?

Dev1: truck will be fully operational within a week. First choper on the way to experimental. Good news about Zed AI. We will roll out first AI changes next week too.

-suddely, meeting room door slams open-

-devs look in disbelief towards a man who was clearly running for a long time, trying to catch his breath-

-it was Dean Hall-

Dean Hall: listen to me god dammit...stop doing what you are doing...now...I came back to help you guys again...

Devs: what...what do you want us to do??

Dean Hall: we need to get on the FOV thing ASAP. I brought 5 new programers from Facebook to help. Fuck Zed AI and helis. Fix that FOV! Now!!!

P.S. ok joking but I agree with OP fully. They need fix it in a way that changing the FOV does not apply to in-scope vision. Thats it, simple :)

Edited by Calvin Candie
  • Like 7

everyone can do it, it's essential to get as good a frame rate as possible in a fire fight, more so when  in city's, I have zero problems with it at all and I use it to my advantage as much as possible.

everyone can do it, it's essential to get as good a frame rate as possible in a fire fight, more so when  in city's, I have zero problems with it at all and I use it to my advantage as much as possible.

Less FOV, gives you extra fps ? thats new to me...

Less FOV, gives you extra fps ? thats new to me...

of course it does, you are rendering much less than at a high fov, my FOV is being adjusted by me constantly dependent on weapon / scope / location etc what ever the situation demands. I don't even really think about it any more as I can do it so quickly.

Edited by Calibre

of course it does, you are rendering much less than at a high fov, my FOV is being adjusted by me constantly dependent on weapon / scope / location etc what ever the situation demands. I don't even really think about it any more as I can do it so quickly.

Renderer renders everything around us, whether we're looking at it or not. So I don't think adjusting your FOV would improve performance. It does give you better eyes for different situations, which is why it needs to be looked into. Nothing breaks immersion like sliding a bar back and forth everytime your sight lines change.

Renderer renders everything around us, whether we're looking at it or not. So I don't think adjusting your FOV would improve performance. It does give you better eyes for different situations, which is why it needs to be looked into. Nothing breaks immersion like sliding a bar back and forth everytime your sight lines change.

but no one is making you do it, that's the great thing about having control over it, all you're saying to the game is I don't want any peripheral vision at all.

Hello, i'd like to start a discussion here about the changes on field of view affecting the aiming, specially on the LRS.

What do you guys think about ? is it just me or someone else hates the fact ppl just press config and changes de FOV to get a good shot ?

is this considered a exploit ? in the future the staff is going to adress to this, or better, is this an issue ?

Is an exploit, as much as the gamma one on night servers.

Yes, I agree. Field of view is a real big problem. They better adress that shit ASAP.

I can already imagine them having a meeting.

Dev1: so today we start roling out true persistence and fixed tents to stable.

Dev2: okay, whats the progress on the vehicles?

Dev1: truck will be fully operational within a week. First choper on the way to experimental. Good news about Zed AI. We will roll out first AI changes next week too.

-suddely, meeting room door slams open-

-devs look in disbelief towards a man who was clearly running for a long time, trying to catch his breath-

-it was Dean Hall-

Dean Hall: listen to me god dammit...stop doing what you are doing...now...I came back to help you guys again...

Devs: what...what do you want us to do??

Dean Hall: we need to get on the FOV thing ASAP. I brought 5 new programers from Facebook to help. Fuck Zed AI and helis. Fixed that FOV! Now!!!

P.S. ok joking but I agree with OP fully. They need fix it in a way that changing the FOV does not apply to in-scope vision. Thats it, simple [:)]

Rocket is long gone from the devs you know?

but no one is making you do it, that's the great thing about having control over it, all you're saying to the game is I don't want any peripheral vision at all.

Nobody is making me hack. Doesnt mean i should have the option. Advantages by settings is bs. Advantages by hardware i can live with.

Gamma usage is also a thing but the again also open for discussion.

Tough topic

None of the rifle scopes zoom enough. Not a single one!

LRS = 7.5x (should be 15x)

PSO-1 = 3.75x (should be 4x)

ACOG = 2.34x (should be 4x)

PU = 2.08x (should be 3.5x)

With FoV slider all the way left this becomes:

LRS = 15x (correct zoom)

PSO-1 = 7.5x

ACOG = 4.68x 

PU = 4.16x

Therefore I don't think this is a big deal and it's certainly not an exploit. The mere fact there's a 3rd person camera is much more "unfair" than the slider.

That being said I don't like the fact the slider is able to be accessed while in-game. The scopes should be fixed and the slider should be only at the main menu.

• Like 3

Sorry, let me rephrase that. I don't want to need to adjust my FOV every time I approach a town or engage in a long range firefight to be competitive. While you're doing that and I'm not, I am at a disadvantage. So then my options are a) do the same as you and adjust my FOV situationally, or b) don't do it and be playing with a disadvantage.

"You don't have to play with gamma turned up at night. But if I want to, tough shit" ya, that's logical

Therefore I don't think this is a big deal and it's certainly not an exploit. The mere fact there's a 3rd person camera is much more "unfair" than the slider.

AMEN Brothers and Sisters ! 

hqdefault.jpg

The issue with the FOV slider is that is needs to be fixed between 60 and 90 degrees (or whatever) - this easy fix will negate people using it to zoom in with and for the life of me, who set the initial values to what they are right now? Somebody (A think it was a numpty) made a conscious decision to make the FOV that configurable - why?

Yep the problem with the fov is that it's just too modular and it also alternates scope systems so there're two problems with it.

Scoped view should be fixed no matter what your fov is.

It's both an issue and exploit.

• Like 1

FOV, gamma and 3rd person are all big exploits that will never be 'fixed'.

i'd agree with you only we'd both be wrong! (saint jimmy)

Edited by Calibre

FOV, gamma and 3rd person are all big exploits that will never be 'fixed'.

Don't be too sure about that.

Each and every one of them could have an easy solution.

FOV = Require a restart between changes of the FOV

Gamma = Same

3rd person = Reposition the camera to make it nearly impossible to see over cover.

They would be "fixed "

• Like 4

Gamma = Same

3rd person = Reposition the camera to make it nearly impossible to see over cover.

They would be "fixed "

I've pretty much stopped watching streamers as they all rely on these crutches, and openly exploit everything they can. Beans to you for reasonable solutions.

Gamma = Same

They would be "fixed "

FoV needs a restart would be a nice start at least :thumbsup: I don't know how I haven't even thought about that.

The gamma could be very minimal tune or just removed from the whole game because:

A ) GPU control panel can do that

B ) Monitor can also set some settings

Edited by St. Jimmy

I've pretty much stopped watching streamers as they all rely on these crutches, and openly exploit everything they can. Beans to you for reasonable solutions.

I wouldn't be too hard on the video guys because the external camera is a good tool for watching and they're on a server where everyone else is cheating so let em have at it. Those who want a true and authentic game with zero cheaters play 1pp......

runs away!

Edited by Jexter

yeah I agree i'd far sooner see 3pp go before the fov slider.

Edited by Calibre