Sign in to follow this  
EvilTigerAce

My friend died in a really strange way

We were looting the prison in Zelenogorsk (private server, roleplay, no KOS-ers), and all of a sudden my friend his legs got broken. Well he had 2 morphines so he injected one (pants ruined by the way). He walked 6 meters and his legs got broken again, he fell down and he died. What!? How is this possible? I first thought of a disease or heart attack but well breaking your legs (two times) is a bit odd then. Nobody shot us, we were on the 1st floor of the prison. Can someone explain this? I found something about hiking boots, he was wearing them, if that is related.

Thanks ! :)

PS: Or did the game think he was like above the ground and fell down? But he could walk, and you can't walk in mid-air.

Edited by EvilTigerAce

The server had some desync with the character of your friend.
This resulted in the server thinking, that your friends feet were in the ground.
That is seen as a collision, which makes that his legs break.

Ussually you get this when you're on the first floor of a building or something like that.
Nothin' major, just when you have it, make sure to leave the building ASAP, as it might happen again, like you experienced.

• Like 1

Ussually you get this when you're on the first floor of a building or something like that.

Nothin' major, just when you have it, make sure to leave the building ASAP, as it might happen again, like you experienced.

I think there was a trick to fix this.

People valuted thus they forced their position to register corectly.

Nevertheless OP the bug itself is pretty common in DayZ.

Alot of people had similar experiences.

• Like 1

Karma for loot whoring private servers.

Private server =//= Kicking everyone on own server to gear up.

They just like to play in a close community, what's wrong with that?

It's not like they gear up and then go and play on the public hive. Characters are sepperated, your remark is invalid.

• Like 3

Private server =//= Kicking everyone on own server to gear up.

They just like to play in a close community, what's wrong with that?

It's not like they gear up and then go and play on the public hive. Characters are sepperated, your remark is invalid.

Exactly. If I join a public server, I'll get my public (reg/hc) character. It has nothing to do with gearing up or whatsoever, we just see that a lot of people just play DayZ like a fps and we don't like that, so we joined a private hive to feel a DayZ where you don't feel fear when you see someone, in most cases you can talk to them, like normal people.

• Like 3

Exactly. If I join a public server, I'll get my public (reg/hc) character. It has nothing to do with gearing up or whatsoever, we just see that a lot of people just play DayZ like a fps and we don't like that, so we joined a private hive to feel a DayZ where you don't feel fear when you see someone, in most cases you can talk to them, like normal people.

Don't sweat the negativity........just people that want this to be Arma and aren't happy you're not around for them to shoot.

OP I have nothing new to add other than to confirm I have also had that quick desync resulting in at least one broken leg if not both. I thought I'd been shot by a sniper through a window but it turned out all my gear was fine... and nobody came to finish me off when I crawled outside to make splints. 

Devs are aware of the bug... I'm not sure it's been fixed? 

If you play on lower ping servers over high ping ones, vault every time you enter a building, and more so every time you go upstairs. 

You will rarely have this happen.

OP I have nothing new to add other than to confirm I have also had that quick desync resulting in at least one broken leg if not both. I thought I'd been shot by a sniper through a window but it turned out all my gear was fine... and nobody came to finish me off when I crawled outside to make splints. 

Devs are aware of the bug... I'm not sure it's been fixed? 

It hasn't been fixed yet, but the guys have the issue in hand: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=5169