LORDPrometheus

What's the most broken.

What is the most broken feature in DayZ at the moment?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What's most broken?

• Persistence
    • Anti-hack system
    • Loot distribution
    • Hot and cold
    • Actions failing
    • LAAAAAAAAG!
    • Other
    • Optimization for older/ less powerful systems

So according to a certain faction of the forums, DayZ is a broken unplayable game used as a poor excuse to steal the money of the people who paid for it.

For the more rational forum user its a game in development with some broken features. This thread is just to see what people think is most broken.

Edited by LORDPrometheus

Nothing good will come out of this...

Come on now, this is the Internet. Surely there will be a logical, fact-filled debate where everyone calmly expresses their opinions and respectfully acknowledges those who have a different opinion.

• Like 6

A more productive way to also address this would be to find the links for the primary reported issue in the bug tracker and ask people to vote it up. I imagine the dev team has to prioritize certain things based on what's sensible given the changes that are in progress and planned, such as certain things may not be addressable until the various parts of the new engine are completed, but from what I've seen there's a chance that if there's enough support from the community something that *could* be addressed sooner than later might get re-prioritized. They do seem to pay attention to that, which is cool.

Come on now, this is the Internet. Surely there will be a logical, fact-filled debate where everyone calmly expresses their opinions and respectfully acknowledges those who have a different opinion.

In a nutshell...

war-cat-dog.jpg
  • Like 2

Nothing is broken in DayZ, it is just awesome.

Fully implement the anti cheat and the new renderer, then It's all good!

Edited by Yazar8

Voted:

-persistance would love to see it work properly but i understand it is quite a task

-AC pretty obvious. In a game where lives are more valuable than in just a respawn game this needs to have top priority. The playerbase will come to a halt or even a decrease. People can take only so much unfair respawns.

-Actions failing <<< thats just bs. Make a stone knife and lose the item. Try it 100 mtrs down the road and it will work again (or sometimes not at all)

The other stuff i dont really mind. Have hardly any lag, hot and cold is no problem unless your a pvp hoe. < ;) and keep sprinting/camping all the time.

Loot needs to be fixed but needs to be scarce.

I presume it's included under the "LAAAAAAAAG!" option.

Yea that's what I assumed when clicking LAAAAG option.

Not very accurate description of the performance problems anyway.

Seriously though - the most productive thing for everyone to do would be to check the bug tracker regularly and ensure tickets that interest (or hinder) you the most get votes. If you've not checked it in a while, get back there and do your duty not as a DayZ survivor, but as an early access alpha adventurer!

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/plugin.php?page=Vote/list_bugs

Seriously though - the most productive thing for everyone to do would be to check the bug tracker regularly and ensure tickets that interest (or hinder) you the most get votes. If you've not checked it in a while, get back there and do your duty not as a DayZ survivor, but as an early access alpha adventurer!

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/plugin.php?page=Vote/list_bugs

Your link is broken for me but worked for half a second. Anyway I read number 1 and it was massive FPS drops near cities and this is simply due to having more objects to render. This is something that can be optimized but is not a bug just an effect of any game of this scope. Lowing terrain objects settings helps immeasurably