pilgrim*

So you Can Play if You Want ?

here's a lol for you playerz

mcy8w0.jpg

gamingdeluxe.co.uk

quote:

<<
..All of our game servers run on High end Dell server systems and come with full unrestricted FTP, Control Panel, Webhosting and Mumble for no extra cost.
Our control panel has many pre-installed mods allowing you to set up many popular mods at the click of a button.
It will also allow you to control your Game Server and kick/ban players.

>>

This statement is on the front page of GamingDeluxe and it is a part of their guaranteed service. It is a legal statement of service.
The Bohemia 'Rules for Admins' are not spoken of anywhere on the GamingDelux site. At all.

So if you want to play DayZ on the Public Hive, and kick/ban everyone except your friends
This is the place to go.

I see a lot of admins are very keen to stay on the Public Hive and kick everyone who joins.
They do not want a Private Shard, they want to stay on the Public Hive.
(where everyone plays)
And they want to kick everyone who plays.

I am not complaining here (about anything) - I'm laughing. (LOL) .
- I just mentioned this subject because I laughed when I saw the the server title
- and then the GamingDelux statement made me laugh too.

So I wanted to share the fun with other players. And because I got insta-kicked off 2 Public servers in a row
(from my fave list, of honest Public severs which is getting smaller every day... and it's not a big list now)
- because half of the admins have recently changed their names on my little list from from "Come and Play -Public" to "Piss Off -Public"
and the remaining "We won't kick you -Public" servers are full. So I have nothing else to do ATM except LOL

I think Bohemia International are being Banana'd IMO

(being banana'd means .. when you get the feeling that someone has inserted a banana without you expecting it
but you can tell it's there
and the people who did it  are pretending they did not.. )

enjoy
xx pilgrim

• Like 1

That quote does not appear on the DayZ server hosting screen.

It does however show a graph explaining what can and can not be done on each type of server, which makes it clear you can not kick/ban people from a public shard.

When you click to purchase a server the server hosting rules are linked to, top of the page under a big red header "Please be aware of the hosting rules"...

I have reported servers to GamingDeluxe for breaking the hosting rules before, and while they have not responded to my emails, the servers have been taken down and the admins have stopped kicking/locking their server.

• Like 2

Well fortunately this seems like a UK issue since it is through a UK host. I haven't gotten kicked yet US/Canadian servers.

I'm sure kichilronboneboys, or one of the other mods will be happy to help look into this. From everything I've read what they're doing on a public hive is against the rules.

Someone's gonna get slapped!

RonaldSlap.gif

^^This server I think was one of my favourites (changed it's name) and now I auto lose connection whenever I try to join, can anyone give me any accurate information on the server?

Sorry if this was the wrong place to post, but I didn't feel this belonged anywhere else, as it is a query not a complaint.

Roach

• Like 1

It's been addressed.

• Like 2

That quote does not appear on the DayZ server hosting screen.

It does however show a graph explaining what can and can not be done on each type of server, which makes it clear you can not kick/ban people from a public shard.

When you click to purchase a server the server hosting rules are linked to, top of the page under a big red header "Please be aware of the hosting rules"...

I have reported servers to GamingDeluxe for breaking the hosting rules before, and while they have not responded to my emails, the servers have been taken down and the admins have stopped kicking/locking their server.

The quoted text is on the screen:  http://www.gamingdeluxe.co.uk/game-servers. This is the main page for 'GAME SERVERS'

It is directly above the list of games they offer - Listed in the 6 "New and Popular" games on the next line below this statement you will see DayZ SA

- as I pointed out, this made me laugh.

I followed your instructions, You are .. technically .. correct.  When a buyer has gone through the steps and has already clicked to BUY, a link half way down the following page sends the buyer back to our DayZ forums here.

In fact to: forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting

My post has not much to do with GamingDelux, except that they make me laugh.  I was commenting on the GREAT number of admins who have decided to stay on the Public hive

and to Kick anyone who joins except the players they want to play with

This also makes me laugh.

Has no one else noticed this trend?

There are some Private Shard servers that are well populated (good!). But they are FEW compared to the LARGE number of Public Hive servers where PLAYERS are NOT welcome.

Now my question - As 99.9 % of players do NOT run their own Public Hive server - do you think they should all be kicked out of the game, and only let people play who have paid for the right to play?

On this thread, someone states  "Why should I pay so You can play?"  ?

(you'll have to remind me, I've already forgotten who that was, sorry, I've seen similar warnings so many hundreds of times, on so many Public Hive servers, you can't expect me to remember them all)

enjoy the game - p.s. do you rent a server?

xx

Edited by pilgrim

Has no one else noticed this trend?

Yeah, many people have - and it's been addressed in a few threads, such as this one:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/218588-attention-all-server-hosters/?hl=kick

I had even PM'd boneboys about it maybe a week ago - I was supposed to get the name/IP of the servers in question, but the servers I think I had issues with seem gone (there were 2 or 3, all public hive)...

• Like 1