Sign in to follow this  
DocBurN

DayZ Dedicated Server

hi guys,

After 2 hours of googleing, watching twitch and forum digging.. i would appreciate a solid confirmation of what i think...

1) I can NOT run my own dedicated server ( shard? ) on a server-pc i have in my home and run it for just me and my friends.. we already run flawlessly many kind of games dedicated servers for our needs so the speed and hardware is not a concern (i will not buy the game if its not a PVE style environment and that i know who are login in the server.. hacker piss me off just by reading forums.)

2) In DayZ.. if we remove the PVP part.. is there something to do in the game to keep people busy.. goals other than the occasional zombie killing and looting buildings ? hope so :) Im guessing it was designed for pvp but its not our preference.. we have been ignoring this game so far and concidering it.. 

Thank you for your time and answers..

DocBurN

1) You cannot.

2) I don't think this game is for you, have you played 7D2D?

1) You cannot.

oh dammit.. i realy tried to love it!

And yes.. oh boy i got 400 steam hrs approx in 7days2Die.. its my best crafting game so far. 

basically im shopping for a new co-op game that pvp dont make our live miserable

Server files are not public for the time being, meaning you'll have to rent a server from one of the approved providers.  They will be open to the public one day.

Sorry to say but DayZ probably isn't for you (at least not yet).  There's no real end game other than just surviving, and once you get 'established' (have all the gear you need and a steady source of food/water) the game gets a little boring, which is why most people turn to PVP.  Before suicide I'd usually give a zombie a hug when I got bored with my current play though.

Yeah it is definitely a nice crafting game. When DayZ is fully released then there will be PvE servers (there usually always are) but even so I just don't think you will get much enjoyment out it unless the modding community comes up with something to do other than PvP.

What about altas life (arma 3 mod). Never played it myself but it looks interesting for that co-op challenge still in a sandbox environment. Also you could look into H1Z1 (out in alpha 15 Jan) which is similar to  DayZ/7D2D but it is totally unknown at what level base building and PvP will be like. 

Try epoch mod, there's a ton of ai stuff and crafting and you can host it yourself.

1) You cannot.

If there is big ISB who wants to Host Dayz server for its subsrcibers.

This is well over 6 / 7 months old.

Locked.

• Like 1