Sign in to follow this  
yazar8

Very overpowered steam feature? Recently played with...

Go to your steam profile steamcommunity.com/id/[YOURIDHERE]/friends/coplay/

Go to your friends tab and click "recently played with"

So I can get a full list of the players that I played with from my previous sessions. This includes players that I haven't even interacted with but just joined their server.

Isn't this feature a little bit overpowered?

Edited by Yazar8

Isn't this feature a little bit OP?

How so, exactly?

• Like 2

Saw this the other day and thought it was great. It'll make it much easier to find people in your area/timezone to play with.

Though i'm concerned that once it becomes widespread knowledge there will be friend requests on steam from too many people. Then again, if everyone's on each other friends list then everyone will be able find organised groups instead of just being/encountering solo KoS snipers everywhere.

offtopic: kichi your sig is from reddit, isn't it?

i think it's actually quite useful to have such an option, what do you mean with OP?

• Like 3

I am just afraid that it would violate privacy and increase KoS and revenge killing?

I do agree there will be positive sides, but what about the negative ones?  I like the feature aswell, since I mean no harm to other players, but what about those who are harmful?

Edited by Yazar8

This feature has always been around. I use it for many games I play on steam. You get a few randoms. In DayZ we joined a clan server and messaged a member and said we were a friendly clan looking to join forces and they told us where we could meet. It was tense but nobody Drew and everyone lived and in the end it was a clean partnership.

I am just afraid that it would violate privacy and increase KoS and revenge killing?

I do agree there will be positive sides, but what about the negative ones? I like the feature aswell, since I mean no harm to other players, but what about those who are harmful?

Well Chernarus is a really big place. You would still need to friend them, play at the same time as them, and find them.

I do agree there will be positive sides, but what about the negative ones?  I like the feature aswell, since I mean no harm to other players, but what about those who are harmful?

Depending how you've set up the privacy settings for your Steam profile, other people will not be able to access any of the tabs.

Even if your profile was completely public, there wouldn't be any "revenge killing," because your name in DayZ is not tied to your Steam name.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

offtopic: kichi your sig is from reddit, isn't it?

Maybe. :ph34r: Wearing it with pride, though.

So, you don't actually know all that many downsides yourself?

As far as privacy is concerned: you can make your profile private so that noone will be able to see (not even your friends).

• Like 1

In terms of DayZ, I don't see this list even being a tiny bit useful let alone worrisome. It would be way more useful for a game where your displayed name is your Steam name, and even then people can pretty much change their Steam name on a whim. I have friends that regularly change their displayed name, much to my annoyance :p

There's only 2 uses I see in that, and I've used it for both:

1. Were you just playing with someone but didn't get their steam name and want to reconnect? That feature gives you a chance to possibly find them if they're public and allow you to message them.
  2. It's useful if you're reporting hacker activity. Their name should at least show up in that list, which is better than nothing. If everyone reported that list when they ran into people abusing the game with the known exploits we've all seen first hand patterns would appear and you'd likely be able to make a bigger dent in the problem.