Implosive

Confused about the Lag

Hey I Have A Dell Inspiron with an i7 Core Processor 1T of disk space With 8 Gb Of Ram, Can Anyone Tell Me Why My Dayz Standalone Is Unbearably Laggy no matter what setting I put it on. Lowest-Highest it basically has the same amount of lag. So much that it normally tells the computer (which is normally fast) to Not respond. Most of the time it just gives up and crashes. It's getting a little frustrating.  Thanks if anyone can help!

Edited by Implosive

Which GPU do you have? What's your resolution?

Please don't capitalize random letters in your reply, it makes it a pain to read.

Edited by Max Planck

Intel HD Graphics card 4000 (with 1792 MB of memory)

my screen resolution is 1600 x 900

sorry i didn't even realize the capitals haha I was ranting. 

Edited by Implosive

I don't know much about laptop graphics, but I'm not sure it'll cut it.

I'm sure someone else here can tell you.

Thank you anyway! My friend has a lower quality laptop and it's working perfectly for him with no lag. I might just factory restore it and see if that does anything.

Intel HD Graphics card 4000 (with 1792 MB of memory)

my screen resolution is 1600 x 900

sorry i didn't even realize the capitals haha I was ranting. 

Ofcourse it lags, that's not even a video card.

That's integrated graphics, which is way to low to be able to play Dayz Standalone.

Are you sure you don't have a sepperate video card in your PC? With for example Nvidia optimus technology.

So your computer uses the integrated graphics to save battery, but if it starts a 3D application it uses the graphics card for better performance?

Ofcourse it lags, that's not even a video card.

That's integrated graphics, which is way to low to be able to play Dayz Standalone.

Are you sure you don't have a sepperate video card in your PC? With for example Nvidia optimus technology.

So your computer uses the integrated graphics to save battery, but if it starts a 3D application it uses the graphics card for better performance?

I searched around and found that my video card is a "Nvidia PhysX"? 

I searched around and found that my video card is a "Nvidia PhysX"? 

No, that is not your videocard. It's a feature, of which I suppose leads to the direction that you have an Nvidia Videocard somewhere.

Do you know your laptop model? (Brand + model Number. For example Clevo W150HRM).

If you give us that, we'll be able to tell you if your laptop has a videocard.

Type dxdiag in your start search bar. It will tell you all the info.

I7 laptop of the first generation is not good enough.

Tbh we need to know exactly what kind of CPU, GPU and RAM you have in your computer.

Either use DXDIAG (as stated above) or HWINFO, to give us a complete idea of your PC specs.

So far its not looking good, Intel Graphics is good for many things, but it certaintly isnt gaming :) Also if your i7 is a U version, it wont be good enough, as they where designed to use as little power as possible, and cant really work fast enough for the game.

Edited by Byrgesen

No, that is not your videocard. It's a feature, of which I suppose leads to the direction that you have an Nvidia Videocard somewhere.

Do you know your laptop model? (Brand + model Number. For example Clevo W150HRM).

If you give us that, we'll be able to tell you if your laptop has a videocard.

Dell  H4LN1W1

Type dxdiag in your start search bar. It will tell you all the info.

I7 laptop of the first generation is not good enough.

I did that, It told me the graphics card but nothing about video.

Tbh we need to know exactly what kind of CPU, GPU and RAM you have in your computer.

Either use DXDIAG (as stated above) or HWINFO, to give us a complete idea of your PC specs.

So far its not looking good, Intel Graphics is good for many things, but it certaintly isnt gaming :) Also if your i7 is a U version, it wont be good enough, as they where designed to use as little power as possible, and cant really work fast enough for the game.

CPU @ Intel Core i73632QM 2.2 GHz (8 CPUs)

RAM @ 8192 MB

GPU @ No clue? I think it's the Intel graphics 4000 but i'm not sure hahaha

Edited by Implosive

Then you dont have a dedicated videocard in your laptop. If you have run dxdiag it would have told you so. And also 2.2ghz is not nearly enough processor speed to run any decent game.

You basically have a mediocre mediacenter.

Edited by McWendy

Then you dont have a dedicated videocard in your laptop. If you have run dxdiag it would have told you so. And also 2.2ghz is not nearly enough processor speed to run any decent game.

You basically have a mediocre mediacenter.

The intel Intel Core i73632QM 2.2 GHz (8 4 CPU's) should do it. With Turbo boost it can go to 3.1Ghz, to bad the TDP is only 35W. So I don't know if you could keep it on it's turbo boost.

But I've got a 45W TDP I7 2670 2.2Ghz, with only turbo boost to 2.8Ghz and I'm able to play the game somewhat decently.

Dell  H4LN1W1

You have a Dell Inspiron 17R 5720, with low end specs.

There is indeed no video card, just the Intel HD 4000.

Your computer's specs are to low for Dayz, there's no way of tweaking it to get a decent framerate.

The intel Intel Core i73632QM 2.2 GHz (8 4 CPU's) should do it. With Turbo boost it can go to 3.1Ghz, to bad the TDP is only 35W. So I don't know if you could keep it on it's turbo boost.

But I've got a 45W TDP I7 2670 2.2Ghz, with only turbo boost to 2.8Ghz and I'm able to play the game somewhat decently.

You have a Dell Inspiron 17R 5720, with low end specs.

There is indeed no video card, just the Intel HD 4000.

Your computer's specs are to low for Dayz, there's no way of tweaking it to get a decent framerate.

Well that's sucky. haha Is there any way to buy a video card and insert it in? Im a complete dummy when it comes to this stuff. Thanks for the help guys.

Well that's sucky. haha Is there any way to buy a video card and insert it in? Im a complete dummy when it comes to this stuff. Thanks for the help guys.

Also where do I go to run it on turbo?

No, it's a laptop, only a very select amount of laptops have something that is possible to replace.
Your laptop motherboard does not support a separate videocard. There is absolutely no way of adding one.

The only way to run dayz, is to buy a new computer that can handle it.

Oh and about turbo boost, it's automatically enabled by default. So your processor will go to 3.1ghz when a lot processing power is needed.
It will stick to that speed untill it gets to hot, then it'll retake it's default speed.