Dagwood

Least favorite game features

- Manually reloading everything, there comes a point between realism and being a game.

- Can't just add more bullets(top off the bullet amount) to the gun, you have to eject the bullets and then put more in.

- Can't just drag the bullets out the gun, forced to use "eject" which will place the ammo in the highest position of your inventory.

Edited by Quackdot
  • Like 2

- Manually reloading everything, there comes a point between realism and being a game.

- Can't just add more bullets(top off the bullet amount) to the gun, you have to eject the bullets and then put more in.

- Can't just drag the bullets out the gun, forced to use "eject" which will place the ammo in the highest position of your inventory.

So much this^!

I'm surprised why almost no one didn't really mention it...

• Like 1

As somebody who died today losing a fair bit of top level gear due to having to manually reload my damn sawed-off IZH43 during an intense firefight, I absolutely see where you're coming from with this one (was packing light as I was doing a run to try to find a new Mosin. Never ever use that shotgun. Seriously. It's awful.).

Edited by Beizs

As somebody who died today losing a fair bit of top level gear due to having to manually reload my damn sawed-off IZH43 during an intense firefight, I absolutely see where you're coming from with this one (was packing light as I was doing a run to try to find a new Mosin. Never ever use that shotgun. Seriously. It's awful.).

Indeed. I think the speedloader should affect the actual reload speed of your weapon, not give you the ability to reload with "R". You should always be able to reload with R if you have the available ammo. I am quite surprised this hasn't been implemented yet.

• Like 2

Lack of players and lack of zombies are my two main drawbacks from playing DayZ 10x more than I currently do.

40-50 players on a 225km squared map.. Generally after not seeing anyone after 45+ mins, I usually just log. :/

They aren't exactly features per say, but they are the two main points that are keeping me from playing much more.

Edited by bonesnap

Lack of players and lack of zombies are my two main drawbacks from playing DayZ 10x more than I currently do.

40-50 players on a 225km squared map.. Generally after not seeing anyone after 45+ mins, I usually just log. :/

They aren't exactly features per say, but they are the two main points that are keeping me from playing much more.

This is how DayZ always was. It was never intended for people to be running into each other every 5 minutes.

That you can see how many bullets you have in a magazine that is attachet to your weapon and not how many bullets you have in a mosin or other rifels. It makes no sence at all.

I would say 2 things in the game annoy me atm, 

The zombies - While improved since the past, killing you trough walls, passing fences or doors still happens, reaching you on the 2 floor while being on the 1 floor, and running endlessly after you giving, you either the choice of running for hours or killing them.

The loot distribution and the aspect of houses - Everyone alredy knows wich house normally spawn better and worse loot wich is kinda bad, i think it should be more random with all houses having a chance of providing same loot, also the aspect of the houses inside is way to plain for a world that just ended, theres not enough destruction or gore on the scenary, wich i also understand is not to stress the servers, but i sure hope they , give it a makeover.

Edited by acekaze

I would say 2 things in the game annoy me atm, 

The zombies - While improved since the past, killing you trough walls, passing fences or doors still happens, reaching you on the 2 floor while being on the 1 floor, and running endlessly after you giving, you either the choice of running for hours or killing them.

The loot distribution and the aspect of houses - Everyone alredy knows wich house normally spawn better and worse loot wich is kinda bad, i think it should be more random with all houses having a chance of providing same loot, also the aspect of the houses inside is way to plain for a world that just ended, theres not enough destruction or gore on the scenary, wich i also understand is not to stress the servers, but i sure hope they , give it a makeover.

Why would there be a lot of destruction, though?

I'm actually bothered when I see everything smashed up, with cars that look bombed out etc.

This is set (can't remember where I saw this) roughly a few months after the zombie apocalypse began. Sure, there should be blood in the occasional house, as there is, and there should be some signs of looting, but the majority of cars should still be in reasonable condition, the majority of buildings shouldn't be falling apart etc etc. There's just no reason for everything to be completely wrecked. Why would it be? Even if it was years after the zombie apocalypse began. Then it'd just be standard wear and tear.

Edited by Beizs

I think my least favorite game features are:

• peeking
  • fast server switching (leads to server hopping)
  • fast respawn (leads to coastal suicide hopping)

Other than that I dislike the "running simulator" phases that originate in the latter two and several incomplete features like the low difficulty PvE/survival parts, infinite high speed sprinting etc. I also think several mechanics (weapons, medical system etc.) could be more complex. Weapon sway is actually okay and this "insane sway" comes from people sprinting around all the time. It needs some tweaking though (different per weapon with the current sway for handguns, more for longarms but attachments/parts reducing the amount).

I think my least favorite game features are:

• peeking
  • fast server switching (leads to server hopping)
  • fast respawn (leads to coastal suicide hopping)

Other than that I dislike the "running simulator" phases that originate in the latter two and several incomplete features like the low difficulty PvE/survival parts, infinite high speed sprinting etc. I also think several mechanics (weapons, medical system etc.) could be more complex. Weapon sway is actually okay and this "insane sway" comes from people sprinting around all the time. It needs some tweaking though (different per weapon with the current sway for handguns, more for longarms but attachments/parts reducing the amount).

What's wrong with peeking (unless you mean 3PP peek exploitation)?

Server login timers should increase a lot more than they currently do after maybe two or three relogs within 30(?) minutes, though it needs to take into account connection loss, restarts, kicking and the fact that you're logging back in to the same server sometimes. Then again, I play on a private hive and don't have any issue with server hoppers. :P

Fast respawn, again, should see the timer growing longer and longer each time you kill yourself. I actually think that the first respawn should be reduced. 30 seconds isn't long until you're sat, waiting, counting it down. Not sure why there's a timer at all for that. But then, if you kill yourself again within 20 or so minutes, it absolutely should increase.

Edited by Beizs

- Scope sway. It's just not remotely realistic.

- Reload mechanics. "R" should reload if you have ammo, but let it take much more time. Speedloaders make it faster.

- Less high end guns.

- More improvised weapons.

I think it's the combat mechanics that is the wonkiest thing right now.

Edited by aasand

Locking, for the moment.

There are various reasons for this from the in thread bickering to the fact its basically becoming another clone of the "I hate the game thread"

We mods will take a close look at it when time allows.

L

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1