punkvegita

Rarest Loot (Experienced Looters)

I loved the Amphibia but it seems to have disappeared now. Magazines were also rare for that thing, probably nonexistent now.

rarest loot ive ever found would be the RIS hand guard and a pair of 75rd drums for my AKM.

other than that ive never seen netting grenades or western silencers.

finding a CR75 was cool

finding a hacksaw when you need one is impossible.

the SMGs are essentially not implemented

AK 74 mags... im almost certain they don'tspawn at all

scopes are usuallt in garages or that house with the sunroom/mudroom 

I loved the Amphibia but it seems to have disappeared now. Magazines were also rare for that thing, probably nonexistent now.

ive found between 10 and 20 of them (the magazines not the gun) in the past month they are only in civilian spawns it seems

Edited by LORDPrometheus

ive found between 10 and 20 of them (the magazines not the gun) in the past month they are only in civilian spawns it seems

Yes that was our groups issue was the mags. However we now all have one and a mag or two each.

What we are trying to find is the pistol silencers and the mp5 comp. Anyone find atleast 1 of these items?

AK 74 mags... im almost certain they don'tspawn at all

Check all military areas. Problem is many loot those locations.

Barracks, etc its common sometimes on non persistent.

Hope that helps the locations for you.

Been alive for 9 days now in a private shard, first person server with persistence off and 4 hours restarts. I must have gone from Sverograd to Pavlovo and back probably around 10 times by now, if not more, in this life alone.

I am yet to see the PM73 RAK, even though I hit probably about 15 helicrashes this life (that's where they spawn right?). I also have never seen Joey X sunglasses (not sure if they still in the game or not), haven't seen big military tents (do they even spawn in non-persistent servers?), chainsaws or cleavers.

Apart from those items, n the past 10 days, I have seen people find everything, from multiple combat knifes, to fully knitted FNX45s, including amphibias with mags, mp5s and so on.

Currently I am:

- Full ghillie (using top+head+gunwrap, not the unpaintable full body one)

- Smersh vest with backpack attached

- Ak101 with pso scope and 5 clips (been waiting for someone to take 2 clips off me, no need for them)

- Cr75 with 2 mags

- Ammo box, 2 high cap vests (one inside the other, for storage)

- Tools (sewing kits, matches, binoculars, rangefinder, first aid kit, improvised knife, etc)

- Etc.

Really looking for a couple supressors (pistol + east silencer)... They are darn hard to find in persistence off servers (teddybears doesn't always spawn under the trees, usually you only see 1 or 2 as well...).

EDIT: Just found my first supressor, now I just need a pistol one. Also found a NATO version, giving it to a friend with the m4 =)

Edited by non-orthodox

EDIT: Just found my first supressor, now I just need a pistol one. Also found a NATO version, giving it to a friend with the m4 =)

Doesn't the AK101 use the NATO suppressor since its .556?

Doesn't the AK101 use the NATO suppressor since its .556?

Nope, you need a east suppressor for the AK101. But then it is a really nice gun!

Nope, you need a east suppressor for the AK101. But then it is a really nice gun!

Huh I thought it was caliber based not weapon based my bad. I prefer the power you get with the AKM personally... Especially with a drum

I've never found or seen the LMG I keep hearing about, or a SMERSH vest.

The rarest item in game is hands down, without argument.

The MP5 comp. 

TeNbeOT.jpg

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Well the Sersh Vest was nothing more then pie in the sky for me. I never found one in game until yesterday.  Since yesterday I have found a total of 4.......dafuq?????

Jerry cans (since .52, I haven't found one in 30+ hours of searching sheds)

I found a bunch of "jerry cans", they weren't actual items though and not able to be picked up. Is this fully implemented?

edit: just found one after posting this.

Edited by Chzy

The rarest item in game is hands down, without argument.

The MP5 comp. 

TeNbeOT.jpg

When did you loot this item we are trying to confirm its spawning problem.

I might be able to merge yours to bug as found if it was within a time frame.

Military type buildings or helio spawn?

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=20277

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

Huh I thought it was caliber based not weapon based my bad. I prefer the power you get with the AKM personally... Especially with a drum

It's based on barrel threading and caliber. AKs have left hand twist muzzle threads, M4s right hand twist. The threading is also different dimensions, 14x1.0 (14mm diameter, 1mm between threads) vs 1/2-28 (1/2" diameter, 28 threads per inch).

So thread-on suppressors sometimes aren't interchangeable because of how the barrel threading, or lack of threading. Caliber-wise, a 5.56 suppressor can be used on a 5.45 barrel, as seen in game with the 101 and 74 sharing a suppressor. But shooting a 7.62mm round through a slightly bigger than 5.56mm hole isn't a good idea for obvious reasons.

However, that being said, at least the NATO suppressor isn't a screw on variety that replaces the flash hider. It's actually a quick-detach suppressor that looks to be an AAC M4-2000. Regarding realism, it wouldn't work with the current M4 nor AUG flash hider depicted in the game.

The AKM in the game had the traditional muzzle brake in that it's just a bare muzzle with a slanted cut. There's basically no way to mount a suppressor without at least armorer-level modifications as there's no threading and no muzzle device to securely attach a suppressor to.

Edited by Skhmt

Just found the PM 73 RAK the other day and I have a couple of questions about this gun.

1.What kind of mags does it take and where can I find them? I don't think I ve ever come across a .380 mag

2.Why does it take so much space? from the looks of the gun it just seems like it's a pistol with some attachments to it. I feel like it should deff be smaller than let's say a AK 74U and even maybe a MP40.

IMO the ak74u should be the biggest of the three, than the MP40 would be slightly smaller than the RAK would be even a lil smaller. Right now just looking at the guns it doesn't seem right that they re all the same size.

Just found the PM 73 RAK the other day and I have a couple of questions about this gun.

1.What kind of mags does it take and where can I find them? I don't think I ve ever come across a .380 mag

2.Why does it take so much space? from the looks of the gun it just seems like it's a pistol with some attachments to it. I feel like it should deff be smaller than let's say a AK 74U and even maybe a MP40.

IMO the ak74u should be the biggest of the three, than the MP40 would be slightly smaller than the RAK would be even a lil smaller. Right now just looking at the guns it doesn't seem right that they re all the same size.

PM 73 RAK surprisingly takes so called PM 73 RAK mags :P As far as i know, they spawn at the same location as the gun itself. Incredibly rare though.

I've found a RAK mag at a Russian heli site before. Never seen the gun itself though, in 1500 hours of gameplay.

I suspect the spawning probabilities for SMERSH vests have been adjusted upwards a little, or at least the fact that they now spawn at UH1 sites as well as Mi-8s makes them a little bit less rare.

"always breaking my legs going upstairs"

One time I actually died walking up those demonic, metallic leg slicers. I was merrily jogging along, only to be greeted by an instant "You are dead" screen.

Very upsetting. Had a full ghillie at the time. Spent 5 hours previous on empty servers looking for burlap sacks.

I taught me a valuable lesson though, the game's not about loot, it's about the unknowable experiences that may or may not happen. I find myself having more fun in crappy, weirdly coloured clothing, but with a band of friendlies at eachother's side, travelling the map together.

• Like 1

One time I actually died walking up those demonic, metallic leg slicers. I was merrily jogging along, only to be greeted by an instant "You are dead" screen.

Very upsetting. Had a full ghillie at the time. Spent 5 hours previous on empty servers looking for burlap sacks.

I taught me a valuable lesson though, the game's not about loot, it's about the unknowable experiences that may or may not happen. I find myself having more fun in crappy, weirdly coloured clothing, but with a band of friendlies at eachother's side, travelling the map together.

Yup, stay away from the stairs in the firestation. Also be careful in the ATC towers too, I've gotten to the point I would rather climb the ladder on the outside than try to navigate the stairs in that death trap

Yup, stay away from the stairs in the firestation. Also be careful in the ATC towers too, I've gotten to the point I would rather climb the ladder on the outside than try to navigate the stairs in that death trap

Cheers for the heads up.

I found 6 nettings the other night spread across 2 boats in the space of less than 3 minutes. I had been stockpiling burlap strips so this was quite a find for me. I never seriously looked for them before, but would always check out a boat if I was near the coast and I saw one.

PM 73 RAK surprisingly takes so called PM 73 RAK mags :P As far as i know, they spawn at the same location as the gun itself. Incredibly rare though.

Got one and a mag for it. Was so shocked the clip actually spawned in a non smoker.

Got one and a mag for it. Was so shocked the clip actually spawned in a non smoker.

Its possible someone dropped it since I don't think they do

Lately it seems the rare spawns are the trucks, and gas tanks haha

Found a truck Monday on my regular public 3pp persistent server. Thursday morning the truck was gone, and my pants were ruined; apparently those trucks despawn pretty roughly.  Found it in  Stary Sobor, the middle of the agricultural complex NE of town.  Also had a fuel can disappear outside Grishino.  I stashed it under a tree after filling it, and went to check a few things. It was gone when I came back after ten minutes.