punkvegita

Rarest Loot (Experienced Looters)

I'm basically calling out all you treasure hunters, let's share and exchange our knowledge and what we think are some of the hardest loot to get, and please share based on your experiences. Also if you guys have any suggestions on how certain loot should be pls share.

My favorite spot to loot by far would be the west coast, from the " secret " military base north of kamenka, zelenogorsk to the Vybor military base. The only building worth a death to check would deff be the barracks. It has all the rarest loot in the game with the exception of helis of course.

Pos1 scope: by far the hardest thing to get in the barracks, found one after a month of endlessly searching roughly over 100 barracks. Got mine at the military base north of kamenka

High capacity vest: these are rare but attainable at a good rate, when I do find one I usually find more around it, again I believe they re only found in barracks

Flash bangs: these are probably the third hardest thing to get in the barracks, found 5 in over 100 barracks searched.

WWII grenades: found 2 in over 100 barracks searched, very rare

Mags; 75drum, ak101, ak74: the guns themselves are not very hard to find but the mags with the exception of the regular AKM mags are very difficult to find, ak101 specially are very rare, if you find one hold on to it. Again these are all in barracks but I believe police station will have them as well. I personally have never found any kind of AK things in police station.

Long range scope: I would say these are rare,they ve been a lot harder to find in the past and I think they have a good balance on this now.

I've found countless of them in the yellow barn looking house. I actually have more trouble finding a mosin than a Long range these days.

• Like 1

I find many long-range scopes. I don't see how so many people call them rare. They're common loot in garages and in a specific common house, behind the coffee table.

Grenades are at the top of my list. I've never found one or met anyone who has found one. Most people who find them on youtube, usually blow themselves up simply because there's no way of knowing how to use or even aim it.

• Like 2

Less military grade weapons. More crafted, yoghurt knitted, hippy equipment.

;)

• Like 5

Heli crashes: I play on first person servers only and there's not a lot of non persistent servers maybe 3 total and they re always packed, but here are my findings. I've seen a total of about15 heli crashes and only been looking for them since .51 patch.

Mersh vest: gotten 2, I'm guessing I been lucky since I ve heard this is a very rare item.

M4: my very first heli crash site I found 2, one worn and the other damage, i end up putting this in the tent where the sun don't shine if you know what I mean.

Skull balaclava: found 2 and they re fucking amazing haha

Ammo Box: found 2 both damaged

Helis for the most part are a hit or miss, you either find a heli with 2 M4s a grenade and a skull balaclava or you find jack shit

Ive found high capacity vests in the barracks and the jail building in the little military base southeast of vybor, I suspect someone dropped the jail building vest though. You should also check the tent area over at myshinko near the western end of the map. There is a wooden structure at the south end that spawns either a high capacity vest or an assult vest.

By far the hardest item to aquire for me to aquire are magazines for the mp5k or the cr527 carbine followed by yellow protector cases but thats my fault as I dislike firestations due to always breaking my legs going upstairs

• Like 1

I searched the entire map from bottom to top and have yet to find a chainsaw , Are they in the game yet ?

Flashbangs , i find about 6 a week and kick them under the beds , There worthless being that they make no sound when thrown, So ya don't even know whats going on , I'll pick any i find up for you.

Grenades and Ammo Boxes plus the ak101 Magazine are almost non existant for me , Haven't seen one in months :(

Edited by LoveAffair

How could I have forgotten yellow protector cases, I love those things. They're obviously in fire stations, I did find one at the block house by the exterior tunnel. These I would agree are pretty rare. The long range scopes are way more common than they have been in the past but I would say are still quite rare only because of demand. I personally have never found one in garages

PM73RAK with a magazine. Probably the rarest gun ingame. Yet to see one or the mags for it. I've gone through many hundred of crash sites.

• Like 1

PM 73 RAK. Some say its a myth.. its not a myth because there are many people on youtube who showed them. I belive the PM 73 RAK is the rarest gun in the game by FAR.

• Like 1

PM73RAK with a magazine. Probably the rarest gun ingame. Yet to see one or the mags for it. I've gone through many hundred of crash sites.

PM 73 RAK. Some say its a myth.. its not a myth because there are many people on youtube who showed them. I belive the PM 73 RAK is the rarest gun in the game by FAR.

I'm a experienced looter and I can say, the rarest ingame item is the PM73RAK sub machine gun. After hundreds of hours of DayZ I'm yet to see one of those bad boys. In numerous PVP fights, I've seen lots of smersh vest's and high cap' vests. The PM73RAK used to spawn in police stations but somehow they disappeared. Scopes etc. are pretty easy to find if you know where to look for them.

I really only found netting once in since it has been added.....4 peices in a stack. I found it on a boat near riffy. Other then that never ran into it. I do know it is now easier to find after the .52 stable.

As far as rare items goes, I dont really care that much anymore, unless its netting. I know its not really going to give me any real advantage anyways. The stuff I go for is really only somewhat rare. High Cap Vest, G helmet with visor, Military clothing, mosin, LRS.....stuff like that really I can find with in a few hours longest a few days of game play....no biggy.

I am not a helicopter hunter. Unless I see one randomly I dont set out to look for them. One thing I learned playing dayz this past year, is really the is no real peice of gear that is going to give a huge adavantage over everyone else. If your a good player your a good player, if you suck then you suck. Being "geared" to gills with military gear is only going to protect you and give you an advantage so much. You can still be shot really fast and be sent back to the coast.

We have all seen it, the guy who gets geared to the teeth, then the 1st time they pvp they loss it. The 1st time one has to learn this is a perma death game. They cry, they blame hackers ect ect. Its kind of a painful loss for a video game.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Rarest loot right now IMO:

Jerry cans (since .52, I haven't found one in 30+ hours of searching sheds)

PSO-1 scope (I really want one, been in 100+ barracks and found 0)

high capacity vest (I have one, but haven't seen any others since .52)

grendaes (haven't seen any in a long long time, only held 2 in my 400+ hours)

Its very rare, but no not impossible. Our server gotten one but no clip yet. Also the 22 pistol we have 3 on the server and no clips.

M4 pretty common on heli spawns, and the aug sometimes spawns. frags, flashbangs, 16 vest/bag etc sometimes can be hard to find.

Siliencers, acog's etc could sometimes be a pain too.

The only thing that I find almost impossible is getting the rare gun clips and if someone finds one they have no room to save it.

I guess we can look at these items being on someone's trophy case and it was rare to begin with.

Someone Sported the m5, and last night I found a clip for it. I kept it for that individual. Myself I like the ak74u as my vest gun, and sport the mosin around.

If I switch up ill go with the m4 fully geared out.

Hey what's this I heard? no bipods in the game?

BTW this type of look we are talking about very rare to rare could take over 100 heli spawns to drop one. If your lucky you may get one before your shot.

I know because our group owns a private-master shard. The Clan will eventually go public, shard in the future.

Lately it seems the rare spawns are the trucks, and gas tanks haha

Rarest loot right now IMO:

Jerry cans (since .52, I haven't found one in 30+ hours of searching sheds)

PSO-1 scope (I really want one, been in 100+ barracks and found 0)

high capacity vest (I have one, but haven't seen any others since .52)

grendaes (haven't seen any in a long long time, only held 2 in my 400+ hours)

We have enough grendaes to have a small war :)

400+ hrs makes sense in public servers, since spawn hoppers would grab them before you.

pso scopes are a pain it seems, acogs etc..

High Cap vests NO problems, its the 16 one that's pretty rare.

I really only found netting once in since it has been added.....4 peices in a stack. I found it on a boat near riffy. Other then that never ran into it. I do know it is now easier to find after the .52 stable.

As far as rare items goes, I dont really care that much anymore, unless its netting. I know its not really going to give me any real advantage anyways. The stuff I go for is really only somewhat rare. High Cap Vest, G helmet with visor, Military clothing, mosin, LRS.....stuff like that really I can find with in a few hours longest a few days of game play....no biggy.

I am not a helicopter hunter. Unless I see one randomly I dont set out to look for them. One thing I learned playing dayz this past year, is really the is no real peice of gear that is going to give a huge adavantage over everyone else. If your a good player your a good player, if you suck then you suck. Being "geared" to gills with military gear is only going to protect you and give you an advantage so much. You can still be shot really fast and be sent back to the coast.

We have all seen it, the guy who gets geared to the teeth, then the 1st time they pvp they loss it. The 1st time one has to learn this is a perma death game. They cry, they blame hackers ect ect. Its kind of a painful loss for a video game.

Persistence on sometimes spawns loot in the 30-40 ranges of netting. If its a loot explosion.

Persistence off, is best because the loot keeps spawning correctly.

But that's my experiences.

Losing this is getting to be annoying when the server crashes.

Less military grade weapons. More crafted, yoghurt knitted, hippy equipment.

;)

Pretty much. The amount of rampant munchkin-fueling going on in this thread is sickening. Not horribly, but enough to leave  a bad taste in my mouth.

People who depend on gear, and who actually think it gives them an edge in combat, are hilarious.

• Like 2

Oddly, since the newest patch, I have not found a SINGLE Mosin. Have found several LRSs, but no Mosin, and the ammo has also been scarce for me, as well.

Persistence on sometimes spawns loot in the 30-40 ranges of netting. If its a loot explosion.

Persistence off, is best because the loot keeps spawning correctly.

But that's my experiences.

Losing this is getting to be annoying when the server crashes.

I pretty much found what I needed and quite looking for it. But in .51 I never found any looked a couple times then gave up and just played with out it, now in .52 I found some after looking in only looking in 2 areas the fishing vil then riffy. A couple of freinds of mine have the full g suit, they also found quite a few stacks, they can pretty much hide any were there is trees, bushes or grass...it works vary well. Me presonally I just wanted the head peice and rap. I am used to hiding with out any aids I learned to be pretty good at hiding, really it just seals the deal even more. I dont feel like losing my back pack. I noticed that full G suit players always seem to be on the brink of starving LOL Wookies are like cookie monsters......feeeed me feeeeed me. lol I am only half wookie.

Pretty much. The amount of rampant munchkin-fueling going on in this thread is sickening. Not horribly, but enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

People who depend on gear, and who actually think it gives them an edge in combat, are hilarious.

This is true, its more of a player skill base game then what kind of gear you have. I learned over time you can really survive just fine with just a basic kit if you want to. Blending in can be done with just basic civ loot. A geared player say with a vest, mil style helmet really ony get some protection from that. Really you just have to shot them maybe 1 or 2 extra times, your odds of living after being shot go up slightly.  I find that keeping my avatar healthy is just as good or both even better. There is also people who hunt down all the high end loot, then find out the hard way. Having high end gear is nice, but if your not a good player it is not going to help you be any better and really makes being sent back to the coast feel even worse. Your just giving the guy who shoots you more stuff. Kind of like a walking ATM. Then you know the rest...they come here and blame hackers and every thing else for there short comings. Pretty easy to see after a while isn't it lol

I noticed with some players once they get "geared" they get kind of an ego. They then will pvp, maybe 2 sessions then die. They go down to electro or one of the other death trap citys, on a 50 pop run around in the middle of the street, shoot a couple freshys and expect people to be scared....Maybe some will be but, other people look at it like there even more of a target then a less geared player. More to gain. It truely amazes me how many players gravitate toward pvp death traps.....urban combat...so much. With lag, and everything else on top of that, if your new to this game you dont stand a god dam chance of surviving more then an hour or so doing that even with the high end gear. Not a chance. There almost better off making them selves less of a target and dressing down.

Awwww Dayz lol what can you do.

Edited by CJFlint

So the tents west of Mishikino, besides the officers tent and vests is there anything good here? I've realized that tents aren't' what they use to be, especially when we're talking about rare loot.

Oddly, since the newest patch, I have not found a SINGLE Mosin. Have found several LRSs, but no Mosin, and the ammo has also been scarce for me, as well.

Scrap yards.