MperorM

Shooting everything you see isn't realistic...

i love when children claim they would kill on sight in a real zombie apocalypse. its so cute.

Because you've had to deal with a zombie apocalypse so you know exactly how humanity is going to act during it right? Where do you get your fact from? What zombie apocalypse was it' date=' by the way?

Wake up.

Why do stupid people, like you Vanilladragon, take the time to type out wasted space like the above? Seriously?

[/quote']

i made no affirmative claim about how anyone would act, i was merely laughing at the kids who think everyone would kill everyone else on sight.

because only a child could possibly be so emotionally immature and so ignorant.

are you saying you would kill everyone on sight if a zomapoc went down? if you are you're a silly kid who doesnt realise what he is saying or you're a psychopath. i hope the former.

This last guy...listen to him you crybaby's. He is right. The game is not gonna change for you assholes because the Dev's dont agree with you. Leave or learn to play a real game' date=' where the game itself isnt build to protect you from you own lack of skills. Get fucking better at it. These hilarious post keep coming cuzz you nutburgers keep thinkinh the game is broken,,but its not. The problem is your weakness.

[/quote']

Everytime someone brings up this topic' date=' they ignore the fact that some people dont want to shoot everyone they see. This isn't counter strike ffs. They have it drilled into their brains that anyone that doesnt kill on sight = bad/noob/carebear.

It's ridiculous even attempting to debate it anymore, as you get more insults than information.

[/quote']

Behold, for I am righteous. Behold, I am the voice of reason and truth.

Or maybe, just maybe, i'm realistic. Maybe, JUST maybe, I don't trust complete strangers and know what I have to do to protect what I have.

Sad as it may sound, you're naive if you think people wouldn't get violent to protect things like food, water, children. I know I would. I would shoot first ask questions later where my children were involved.

Let me throw some questions at you, if you answer yes to any of them, then you're either an idiot or clueless.

Do you leave your vehicle parked unlocked at public places and don't even think twice about people running off with it?

Do you invite total strangers into your house, to your table and let them sit alone with your children, wife, and so forth?

Do you think there are no thieves in this world and that nobody would murder you ever for food / water / money?

Do you think that those people who were looting in Hurricane Katrina and other natural disasters were just misunderstood?

Would you allow people to take what they want from you at any time even if it were the last can of food you had to survive?

If you somehow managed to answer YES to any of the above questions then I truly believe you are ignorant, clueless, or trolling. Pick your label.

If you answered NO to any of the above questions then you can also see why I believe people would murder each other for a can of food during a zombie apocalypse.

For some reason, I don't think you're going to answer No.

i dont doubt people would get violent to protect things they cherished.

but would 95% of people kill you on sight just for the crime of being seen?

would the vast majority of people wander around just shooting anything that moved?

this is what is happening in this GAME (see: not real life)

I don't believe indiscriminate killing would be realistic in any scenario. But there is little else to do in the game.

If you answered NO to any of the above questions then you can also see why I believe people would murder each other for a can of food during a zombie apocalypse

I didnt know newly spawned players had food on them?

Also, please keep the bandits in game as they dotn bother me anyways. Just fix the 'combat DCing' that half of the pussies like to do when they try to kill you then start getting there ass's handed to them.

I think you need to read World War Z. That's a very good guide on what happens during a zombie apocalypse. Pretty realistic too. Human nature is a son of a bitch when you cut through the bullshit that TV's feed you.

I think you need to read World War Z. That's a very good guide on what happens during a zombie apocalypse. Pretty realistic too. Human nature is a son of a bitch when you cut through the bullshit that TV's feed you.

Because we can believe everything that is written in books? :rolleyes:

Selfpwnge.

i have read it, and brooks zombie survival guide. neither of which mentions human beings gunning each other down indiscriminately for no reason beyond seeing each other.

humans will always be violent and aggressive but at no point will we devolve to the point where this happens. its just as unrealistic as a utopia forming.

*facepalm* Tell me the single time in history of mankind where EVERYONE would kill ANYONE on sight? Bitch please

As I said when I made my first statement. Human beings get fed a constant diet of what they are told to believe will happen when the world goes to shit. The truly sad part is people believe it to the point they can't digest reality when it slaps them in the face.

I on the other hand will continue to base reality off of things I see happening around me' date=' not what I see when I fall asleep. Such as:

People getting into fights in traffic after being cut off.

People fighting over the last item that was on sale.

People stabbing each other in the back over a profit margin.

People looting buildings during 'minor' disasters.

People stealing food / water / supplies when they are scarce.

People selling needed supplies to people to turn a profit.

Yes, I am very aware this is a game, thank you for reminding those who may have forgotten that fact. But there is one word in this game everyone seems to forget : Survival.

This is NOT Call of Duty, or Modern Warfare where you have team A and team B slugging it out in a death match. This is not World of Warcraft where the objective is to get the best gear in the game and then make sure you don't lose it.

This is DayZ, where you start the game with nothing and you slowly/hopefully, learn what it takes to survive. Judging from the number of whining children complaining that murdering someone for their food and defending what you have is not fair, some people may need to be reminded of THAT.

[/quote']

You really watch too much TV.

Of course these kind of attitude exists. But they are overly exagerated by media as it is very good for audience. these behaviors represent like 5% of the people. You take that as it is the rule when it is actually only the behaviour of a loud minority.

Mainstream Media doesnt report on people sharing food supply or water in disaster. They focus on the looters killers rapist. Because it is entertaining for the people who watch. People like you, like me.

Your vision of the world is therefore biased. And now you can't even picture a world where the common denominator is something other than stupidity and violence. You are wrong.

Even in a concentration camp, where it seems your life was about to violently end in the next moment for no reason, even in that situation, people has shared water, food, and tried to help each other as they could. Some would not of course, and thats just normal.

But lots of them just tried to hold on their humanity for ONE GOOD REASON ONLY :

SURVIVAL.

Sorry for the godwin.

As I said when I made my first statement. Human beings get fed a constant diet of what they are told to believe will happen when the world goes to shit. The truly sad part is people believe it to the point they can't digest reality when it slaps them in the face.

what reality is that? some pissant on a message board telling me how i would react to a situation?

*facepalm* Tell me the single time in history of mankind where EVERYONE would kill ANYONE on sight? Bitch please

World War 2' date=' Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler began the complete and utter genocide of the Jewish people. While not killed on sight, they were herded like cattle into concentration camps where they were slaughtered without remorse.

I love your signature by the way, very macho. Are you the hardcore elitest wanna-be or the COD kiddie? Dear me, I guess you could lump me into the 'hardcore elitest wanna-be' because apparently I am a very, very bad man due to the fact I murder people for their food when i'm starving!

[hr']

what reality is that? some pissant on a message board telling me how i would react to a situation?

There's some irony in this statement considering if you look over the past 14 messages that are not mine you will see this very exact thing!

Wow!

Oh, such bollocks in this thread.

The single defining characteristic of every disatser the human race has faced, from the bubonic plague to Hiroshima, is that we've all pulled together to get out of it.

And don't give me crap about society just being a paper-thin tissue over a cesspool of violence and bloodshed.

When you strip away human nature to its basest form, you're left with a guy in a grey shirt holding a clipboard who's making sure that all the boxes that should be stacked at site A, are in fact being stacked at site A - with a couple hidden round the back for him and his mates.

I havent been on the forums for a while, and it looks like the reason why i left is still fucking here.

I mean Jesus Tapdancing Christ, what the fuck is it you people are doing to get killed with such frequency that you feel the need to bitch about it all the time? i just respawned and ran through Kamenka, hit all the deer huts, farm houses and towns on the way to stary, saw quite a few people (60+ player server) but because i, and most of the playerbase, arent idiots, we manage to avoid them. Its not hard, or does it need to be laid out for you?

1. This is a BIG one, never ever ever ever ever just go into a town, scout around it, find a hill, sit on it for a few minutes and just watch the town, plan exactly which buildings youre going to hit in order of value (supermarkets first if there is no military base, then residential, then industrial) or according to what you need.

2. Got a nice gun? need food? stash your gun somewhere along with anything valuable (dont be too long!), and run in with your trusty M1911. As a bandit, im far far less inclined to kill someone if all they have is a pistol. Saunter into a town im doing over watch on with a fancy assault rifle then you can be sure as shit im gonna murder you for it. Remember, ammo is a valuable commodity, any bandit worth their salt will weigh up the potential cost of using the round(s) compared to what you look like you have on you. Fancy assault rifle = worth a few DMR rounds.

3. Tree line. Deep in the tree line, no less than 20ft, do not sprint.

4. If you run around in open terrain you deserve everything you get.

5. if youre getting wasted in any of the following places, suck it up and learn that where there is mil grade hardware, there is competition. Cherno, Elektro, Berezino, Stary, Airfields. Even if you introduced the most punishing system possible, people would still waste each other over the coveted assault rifles and assorted treasures.

6. Did i mention dont run around in the open? what about scouting? yeah? well, ill mention them again. I cannot overerstimate the sheer importance of scouting, it is quite simply the most IMPORTANT thing you should get used to doing. Binoculars are your friend.

7. Learn your camouflage! got a white survivor shirt on? sit next to the lighter coloured brush, dark shirt? Darker coloured brush!

8. Silhouetting yourself. Do not run on the crest of a hill, i cant count the amount of times ive spotted a squad of guys who i otherwise wouldnt have seen because they were running on top of an elevated position. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

9. Read through this and its associated pages http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfilade_and_defilade then use that knowledge when approaching and entering buildings.

Im not going to comment on how humanity would react and how unrealistic this all apparently is, because its bullshit and you should stop talking like you have any authority on the situation. Zombies dont exist and as such a zombie related apocalypse is...unlikely. So shut up. Every time the phrases "what would actually happen" or "People wouldnt react this way" or "this is not realistic" take a moment, stop typing and proceed to slam your head in the fridge door. Just stop it. You all know exactly how Rocket feels about this, so it is folly to keep discussing it. The game is how it is, learn to adapt, or just quit playing.

Alternatively bring friends. Lots of them.

I havent been on the forums for a while' date=' and it looks like the reason why i left is still fucking here.

I mean Jesus Tapdancing Christ, what the fuck is it you people are doing to get killed with such frequency that you feel the need to bitch about it all the time? i just respawned and ran through Kamenka, hit all the deer huts, farm houses and towns on the way to stary, saw quite a few people (60+ player server) but because i, and most of the playerbase, arent idiots, we manage to avoid them. Its not hard, or does it need to be laid out for you?

1. This is a BIG one, never ever ever ever ever just go into a town, scout around it, find a hill, sit on it for a few minutes and just watch the town, plan exactly which buildings youre going to hit in order of value (supermarkets first if there is no military base, then residential, then industrial) or according to what you need.

2. Got a nice gun? need food? stash your gun somewhere along with anything valuable (dont be too long!), and run in with your trusty M1911. As a bandit, im far far less inclined to kill someone if all they have is a pistol. Saunter into a town im doing over watch on with a fancy assault rifle then you can be sure as shit im gonna murder you for it. Remember, ammo is a valuable commodity, any bandit worth their salt will weigh up the potential cost of using the round(s) compared to what you look like you have on you. Fancy assault rifle = worth a few DMR rounds.

3. Tree line. Deep in the tree line, no less than 20ft, do not sprint.

4. If you run around in open terrain you deserve everything you get.

5. if youre getting wasted in any of the following places, suck it up and learn that where there is mil grade hardware, there is competition. Cherno, Elektro, Berezino, Stary, Airfields. Even if you introduced the most punishing system possible, people would still waste each other over the coveted assault rifles and assorted treasures.

6. Did i mention dont run around in the open? what about scouting? yeah? well, ill mention them again. I cannot overerstimate the sheer importance of scouting, it is quite simply the most IMPORTANT thing you should get used to doing. Binoculars are your friend.

7. Learn your camouflage! got a white survivor shirt on? sit next to the lighter coloured brush, dark shirt? Darker coloured brush!

8. Silhouetting yourself. Do not run on the crest of a hill, i cant count the amount of times ive spotted a squad of guys who i otherwise wouldnt have seen because they were running on top of an elevated position. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

9. Read through this and its associated pages http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfilade_and_defilade then use that knowledge when approaching and entering buildings.

Im not going to comment on how humanity would react and how unrealistic this all apparently is, because its bullshit and you should stop talking like you have any authority on the situation. Zombies dont exist and as such a zombie related apocalypse is...unlikely. So shut up. Every time the phrases "what would actually happen" or "People wouldnt react this way" or "this is not realistic" take a moment, stop typing and proceed to slam your head in the fridge door. Just stop it. You all know exactly how Rocket feels about this, so it is folly to keep discussing it. The game is how it is, learn to adapt, or just quit playing.

Alternatively bring friends. Lots of them.

[/quote']

We don't get killed by players.... We just think its lame that we have to avoid or kill everyone we see...

but would 95% of people kill you on sight just for the crime of being seen?

Only 18% of the currently living players in the game are bandits.

Otherwise, your question is moot. The goal of DayZ is not to perfectly emulate what would happen in reality - not least of which because it's impossible to know, but also because it doesn't necessarily make a very interesting game.

add canibalism to make the killing realistic, you have to kill humans to get food. it would also be fun.

I have adopted the new policy of not shooting unarmed players at the coast.

And that is something that could be useful, the ability to holster your weapons.

That and a tweak on direct comm range and radios. Radios would be great.

It's hard for bandits to reach any good content in the game.

Let them have their first shot at me, let them have the kill. My friends will finish the poor bastard shortly after

It is a fucking zombie apocalypse. Nobody in real-life would shoot other survivors the second they see them. So rocket if you want to make a realistic zombie simulator please fucking do something to remove the shoot on sight mentality..

Its not a realistic zombie shooter its a zombie/player free for all permadeath shooter.

If you don't wanne die alot by players play it smart learn 2 play and btw still not all shoot on sight.

Well if it was real life and I saw somebody running out in the open with loads of survival gear and weapons I would shoot him faster than you can say free loot. And I would have no regrets.

It is a fucking zombie apocalypse. Nobody in real-life would shoot other survivors the second they see them. So rocket if you want to make a realistic zombie simulator please fucking do something to remove the shoot on sight mentality..

In Soviet Russia...

Well if it was real life and I saw somebody running out in the open with loads of survival gear and weapons I would shoot him faster than you can say free loot. And I would have no regrets.

I mean if you have a weapon why would you even need to shoot them why not loot your self? what are you lazy and would rather kill any chances of the human race from living on if it meant you could live a few more days?