Grimey Rick

Since when does the timer not tick while ALT-TAB'd?

I died this morning for the first time in months. No big deal, right? I click "Respawn" and ALT-TAB.

Half a minute or so later, I TAB back into DayZ only to be met with 28 seconds remaining on my timer. What the f♥ck? Is this new, or have I just lived a very long time?

Bug or "feature"? If feature: dumb.

No, the timer is just getting DDOS'd

• Like 1

I don't know when it was implemented but I've noticed this too.  Also every once in a while if I alt+tab out during the countdown timer when I alt+tab back in it doesn't pick up my keyboard.  I've just resorted to using my second monitor and waiting for the timer.

Try -nopause in your startup parameters.

• Like 5

Try -nopause in your startup parameters.

I already have that in my launch options as per this guide. It still does it, though. :T

The timer has been messed since I remember... I made a post about it along time ago. Sometimes it seems it doesn't matter how long you wait you still get a timer.

My friends and I have taken a break where I went outside had a whole smoke, went to the bathroom, came back and still had a timer.... Not even tabbed out.

It seems as if this concern is also effected with other things, such as choosing the Drink All on a waterbottle (this is an example) and then you tab out to do something quick, then tab back in, it counts as you have drank all of the water, and it also comes up with a text "I have drunk all waterbottle" but your guy is still doing the animation.

So basically it looks like tabbing out the game freezes it. Not only the countdown (which is what it is doing to me too and it is annoying as fk) but also any animations in-game.

It seems as if this concern is also effected with other things, such as choosing the Drink All on a waterbottle (this is an example) and then you tab out to do something quick, then tab back in, it counts as you have drank all of the water, and it also comes up with a text "I have drunk all waterbottle" but your guy is still doing the animation.

So basically it looks like tabbing out the game freezes it. Not only the countdown (which is what it is doing to me too and it is annoying as fk) but also any animations in-game.

-nopause

You can accomplish a lot in 28 seconds...

... except for finding a sword. That's going to take significantly longer.

"No need to find a sword when one know were its found since birth"

-random drunk

But seriously, once i press the "connect" button, I just assume it takes a while for various reasons; ping,server,pop,that particular patch,bug, etc..

So i do something else,

• Like 1

The real question is what did you do with that initial :30?  B)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Dont tab out until you let the timer count down for a few seconds.

I find that only happens when I immediately tab out, but if I wait a few seconds it never happens.

You can accomplish a lot in 28 seconds...

... except for finding a sword. That's going to take significantly longer.

I've got one in my closet, speak for yourself.

• Like 1