cheranuscrusiser

Zero loot in many servers, what happened?

Half of the servers I join have zero loot in them.  I mean literally zero loot at all.  The game is not really crashed because you can open doors and there are zombies, just zero loot at all.

Is this a known break from the last patch?   If so, did this not happen at all on experimental before the pushed this to stable?

Is there a way to filter out servers that have the broken zero loot problem I'm seeing?

go west my son, get off the coast.

with persistence enabled all loot is gone. 

good news stary sabor is full of food, you should be able to make it there just before you die.

luck

savior

But I think you misunderstood me.   When I say no loot, I mean not a single item at all, even in the 30 or so storage rooms near Cherno.   Or am I mistaken that persistance means every now and then, new items should spawn, no?

Not a pair of gloves, or a damaged or rotten piece of fruit.     The game is broken because shouldn't there be some item at all?   There was not a single item you could pick up anywhere.    

Is that the way Persistance is supposed to work?   

Edited by cheranuscrusiser

Nothing is respawning on persistence, It's not intentional but it happens. People pick everything up and then boom it's all gone, never to be seen again.

Yeah, I have encountered this many times. In the end I die of starvation or dehydration at some point...there's no berries and ponds everywhere

• Like 1

But I think you misunderstood me.   When I say no loot, I mean not a single item at all, even in the 30 or so storage rooms near Cherno.   Or am I mistaken that persistance means every now and then, new items should spawn, no?

Not a pair of gloves, or a damaged or rotten piece of fruit.     The game is broken because shouldn't there be some item at all?   There was not a single item you could pick up anywhere.    

The coast tends to get picked clean by hoppers and just random folks playing - go inland, like away from the ocean north or northwest

Oooooh these posts get me so excited! We are slowly being forced inland. "No loot on whole server" means "no loot on coast". We're a year into development and the tears are slowly trickling in.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Dayz will only achieve greatness when players are whining all over the forums about difficulty, and people are uninstalling in droves.

• Like 2

We turned persistence off yesterday on our server because of this.. the loot and persistence is just too broken to keep using it for now. 

Dayz will only achieve greatness when players are whining all over the forums about difficulty, and people are uninstalling in droves.

What?

What?

Game needs to be hard. Survival should be hard. Finding gear should be hard. Lots of gamers today don't like hard. If they don't think dayz is too hard, it isn't hard enough. Get it?

I'm playing on persistence enabled servers for a month now, I haven't died yet from starvation.

Edited by Yazar8

Dagwood, on 22 Dec 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

Oooooh these posts get me so excited! We are slowly being forced inland. "No loot on whole server" means "no loot on coast". We're a year into development and the tears are slowly trickling in.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Dayz will only achieve greatness when players are whining all over the forums about difficulty, and people are uninstalling in droves.

Difficulty is all well and good. I support that fully.

But the difficulty should arise as an aspect of deliberate, intelligent, and balanced game design. NOT because of a bug or glitch. When he means there is no loot, he means NONE. ANYWHERE. You MIGHT find some in the far far north, but good luck getting there without starving, and with no weapon, only to find a pen or paper or pair of sunglasses. This is a result of the persistence system being broken atm. NOT because of intentional game design.

Its like zombies, for example: They can pose a real threat (if you are not carefull) when confronting them head on. This is because they are difficult to kill using melee. Not because they were designed that way, but because melee fighting is, for the moment, clunky, unintuitive, unresponsive, laggy, and well, just terrible. Even a fire axe (sword??? don't know, haven't found one yet) is not very intuitive; just when you think you hit the bastard, it turns out that the hitboxes didn't reach, or you wait for the right moment to strike, then press LMB, only to have nothing happen, forcing you to disengage and circle jerk again.

I LOVE this game, (ok, hold on. I came back to type this: let me repeat myself: I LOVE THIS GAME!)  but it kinda annoys me when fanbois defend its worst flaws. Nothing is perfect, and there is nothing wrong with pointing out deficiencies. Face the facts man. This is a great game, with even greater potential, but it has some reallllly shitty flaws. And the alpha excuse doesn't work either. Im talking about CORE GAMEPLAY mechanics that still aren't functional or even present at all, yet they keep adding in new clothing items. Should those things not come after the CORE of the game is built? Shouldn't that have been the first priority before all else, in the alpha stage?

...and for the love of god people, don't flame me. I love this game, and could talk all day about its greatness. But I wont, because you already know why its great. Those things don't, however, mean we should discount what is wrong.

(side note, broken loot spawning is a bug brought about naturally by the development process, and not one of the "flaws" I mention. holy shit I went on a rant again. but hey, what the hell do I know?)

• Like 2

Game needs to be hard. Survival should be hard. Finding gear should be hard. Lots of gamers today don't like hard. If they don't think dayz is too hard, it isn't hard enough. Get it?

So the game will have made it when no one wants to play it. Got it...

Difficulty is all well and good. I support that fully.

When he means there is no loot, he means NONE. ANYWHERE. 

The OP stated he only looked in cherno...

The OP stated he only looked in cherno...

This. If he said he hit pusta and pustoshka and other little towns, I'd be concerned with the loot mechanics. But the garages above Cherno? Of course there isn't jack shit there anymore. Find a road and follow it inland. Get lost. Learn the map. Stop crying it's broken/wolf everytime things don't go your way.

Dagwood, on 23 Dec 2014 - 02:30 AM, said:

This. If he said he hit pusta and pustoshka and other little towns, I'd be concerned with the loot mechanics. But the garages above Cherno? Of course there isn't jack shit there anymore. Find a road and follow it inland. Get lost. Learn the map. Stop crying it's broken/wolf everytime things don't go your way.

The op stated that he looked in cherno. Specifically the storage rooms. He did NOT say that he ONLY searched in cherno. In fact,

And regardless of whether or not he searched elsewhere, this IS currently a problem in those servers with persistence on (which is a very large majority). I have seen it myself. miles and miles of empty buildings, not even "junk loot". EVERY item gone. Not all servers, but quite a few.

The op stated that he looked in cherno. Specifically the storage rooms. He did NOT say that he ONLY searched in cherno. In fact,

And regardless of whether or not he searched elsewhere, this IS currently a problem in those servers with persistence on (which is a very large majority). I have seen it myself. miles and miles of empty buildings, not even "junk loot". EVERY item gone. Not all servers, but quite a few.

Really? That's curious. I haven't experienced this myself. Were you observing this phenomenon inland as well?

Weird, how I play ONLY on persistence-enabled servers, yet I am finding MORE than enough loot.

Maybe you just pick bugged servers?

Weird, how I play ONLY on persistence-enabled servers, yet I am finding MORE than enough loot.

Maybe you just pick bugged servers?

I play on 3 different private shards. Private shards have enough or too much loot spawning, it seems. I tried playing some pub and the two persistent servers I tried were bone dry.

But the flip side is towns like Gorka are so full of loot that you can take your pick of items and move on.  It is as though they respawn loot there every day, regardless of whether or not someone picked them up.  Dozens of guns in the barns, heaps in the police stations.

One question:  Are they spawning backpacks with loot in them?

persistence sounds like it would work alot better if characters were bound to a single server......without the corpses being persistent though persistence is still broken

Edited by anarky321

Or if gear was retained on the server.  A player arrives, takes gear, and leaves, the gear respawns when the restart happens.

The normal DayZ loot cycle is fine, but if they want some scarcity, they could move to that model.