SaviorSixx

Poll:Kill a player in logout...

Player logging  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Would you kill a player in logout sequence that has had no interaction with you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Situational
    • I like pie

So in reference to another post of mine, I wanted to see what the community in whole thinks about killing a player that has had no interaction with you, in a logout sequence?

pls keep comments, for the most part, clean and respectful so we can discuss.

earlier post for reference:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/217603-killed-a-combat-logger/

• Like 1

For some reason I since a little self bragging and or alittle butthurt on this thread, seeing this is now the second one....either one or the other or both. I can almost smell it! Becuase its really such really basic common dayz since really.

If you stupid enough or wreckless enough to logg out were there is  higher chance of players in the area, then its your own dam falt. I was told that when I was vary vary new to this game and always made sure I was in a hidden area while logging out or on...Still yet to die that way. Its a none issue to me.

But to anser your question, If I dont know you and I see you logg out, its prob an 80% chance I will kill there avatar, depending on the location. Then sift through there belongings...prob all crap, but who knows even ass hats can find rare items...sometimes. Its kind of a rare for me to see players log in and out that I dont play with on TS. Its kind of a none issue to me.

Have a nice afternoon.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Unless someone is combat logging, I never kill a person logging out. This game is time consuming; everyone has a life. I'd rather reward someone for taking a break from their game to take care of their family rather than punish them because they're not hardcore enough to be worth living.

• Like 6

Unless someone is combat logging, I never kill a person logging out. This game is time consuming; everyone has a life. I'd rather reward someone for taking a break from their game to take care of their family rather than punish them because they're not hardcore enough to be worth living.

My dear freind, Lets be real here. When is the last time you have seen a random player just log out? Me its been a while a long while...... Combat logging....well to me that dumb too..Most will flee then log out....there a timer.....I mean come on, you dont now if you log out your avatar will stay for 30 seconds. Most know better and know this. They go to some place hidden then log out. So more then likely I will never shoot a player logging out anyways. So what dif does it make. Im sure it happens but its so to rare for me to care about.

So much of this is kind of a none issue.....it really is. Its nothing about hard core or not hard core. Its about common since.

But the reality is if I did see someone say at a base, log out....well I prob would shoot them. Its a military spawn.

Edited by CJFlint

Happily

Find a better place to log out

ZG4HvCg.jpg

Edited by Gews
  • Like 2

Pie, always pie.

There is no other way.

The Pie is my savior

PS: Devs please add pie to the game

If he has very alluring gear and is in a high risk area, he's dead. Simple as that. If he looks like a semi geared player and I stumble upon him logging out in some random, run of the mill town, I would let him go.

If I see somebody logging IN near a military base and they have military garb, highly geared or not, I cap them. Server hoppers scare me and have gotten an unfair drop on me too many times. Also, they break my precious immersion, and as a result, deserve to die.

• Like 3

If he has logged out believing himself to be alone then no, I wouldn't stoop so low. If I suspected however, that he had logged in order to avoid a confrontation then I wouldn't hesitate to put one right between his eyes, I would then defile his cowardly corpse.

• Like 1

If s/he has started a combat with me and then try to combat log then hell yes I'll shoot because I don't start combats. Otherwise I'll spare the life. So without any kind of interaction I don't kill a logger.

If he combat logged on me, yeah, I'll kill him. If I'm a fresh spawn looting a town and he's logged in some random building, yeah I'll kill him. If he's a new spawn and logged somewhere stupid, I'll kill him. In fact, I think I've killed everyone I've seen logging. I voted situational because I've let it go but really, the only way to see someone who logged is if they combat logged or logged out somewhere there is loot. Like Flint said, I've logged out in trees away from towns since the get go and never been killed while logging.

A while ago back when NEAF first got reverted to it's "civilian airfield" I was watching some mosin sniper camping the ATC tower.

I knew exactly what he was doing, and he was killing people + farming the tower for loot. I followed him into these bushes where I expected him to be sniping but it turned out he was in a log out sequence.

I was like "NOPE.AVI" and axed his body to death.

Why not just edit your OP and add a poll?

B)

• Like 1

I voted "yes" , go find a decent place to log out.  

It's a lesson we all have to learn at one point or another .

Red

Yes, I am always willing to give free lessons on how to play the game better.

• Like 1

It entirely depends on how far they have progressed. Since they are still in the world they ARE at fault for not sufficiently placing them self in a relatively safe position for log out. However if they are ungeared, fresh spawns or clearly possessing little gear that would be useful to me I will leave them alone. If they are geared, and they have failed to "safe" themselves I will take the kill for the chance of gear that I need. On the other hand, if the geared player has taken the time to position themselves safely such as in the woods I will leave them alone because they deserve to live and are not a challenge. Killing such a player is no better than server hopping imo. In this situation, where a geared player HAS in fact "safed" themselves I will stand by while they log out for a short time to ensure they are not going to return and become a threat/challenge by logging back in.

How about if the player's internet connection or electric cuts off, game crashes, computer crashes, brother is making a trick and presses alt+f4 etc? You can't be sure if you haven't interacted with him if the player just have logged out purposely on a bad place or has something else just happened. Barrack logger I can understand because they're likely just server hopping.

The Pie is my savior

PS: Devs please add pie to the game

They will eventually.

unfortunately it will cause massive data leaks and crash every server when they add it, along with killing you instantly when you eat it.

Depends.  If it looks like they have ANYTHING worth taking, I will kill them.  If they are pretty fresh, nah, they are good.

At this point I just think you are trolling trying to start another hot thread

• Like 1

As I have stated before and will state again, there can be no "combat logging" without a previous mutual exchange of words, gestures or bullets between two or more players.  As far as killing a player in logout, just another form of KoS as far as I can tell.