treetop82

shaking like crazy, cant stop

Edit2: Fixed again. I got jittery after being soaked for more than 15 minutes. Even though I did not display as "cold" my body temperature must have dropped. Anyways, in this latest patch it is MUCH HARDER to become dry once wet (twss) so the longer you are wet, the colder you get and the shivers start, even without the "cold" label. Sitting in front of two fires, very close, got me the "you are warming up" message. Since staying dry I have yet to get jitery again.

Edit: FIXED! Took me a whole day, but got it fixed. I sat by a fire in a enclosed room for about 10 mins, kept getting messages "You are slowly warming up" then just noticed shaking stopped. I was also downing a good dosage of antibiotics, pain killers and drank water and ate food. I think it's some sort of "cold" condition that is hard to shake because as I was sprinting around (fully geared) I did not get any "warming up" messages. Now I'm normal.

Maybe someone has cracked this code, I'd love to hear it. I've seen other threads on it but no real resolution.

First moments on 0.52, my healthy char gets hit by two zombies, ruins the TTsko jacket and pants (literally two hits). Broke my leg and I used a splint. I throw out jacket and pants and grab other stuff. Later I am 100% healthy/energized/hydrated and pull out my scope, tons of shaking/vibrating making it impossible to use. Same with binoculars. I've sat around a fire for 5+ mins, ate pain killers, charcoal tabs, antibiotics. None of my gear says "damp", my only status messages are the 3 bright green ones.

However, when I go sprinting across the map I don't get a "you are warming up rapidly" message. Nor do I get a warming message sitting next to a fire.

Anyone have advice?

My next idea is to drop gear, suicide, pick up gear.

Edited by treetop82

My guess is that cold status is probably bugged, or in other words, mechanics of the heat / cold stuff.

I imagine the shaking comes from being cold or freezing once, but never properly updates back. I had this before the patch once I think. Shaking without a popup. Using a campfire did help instantly.

So far I have to try relogging to see if it helps.

If not ... then probably the last way would be to get rid of the character. Might as well test the suicide option if you do.

Edited by Combine

You are not twitching? Just strong shaking? Than you are bugged.. Your character is cold and you need sit around a fire and relog can fix it, I had same problem fire didn't fix it but it did warm me up to hot and then I reloged and I was fine.

(Short version at the end, you lazy folks)

VCORP Science Division - Investigation Report "Handshake"

Preliminary test shows success. Test was time consuming, however.

Problem / Injury: Constant shaking of hands of individual

Result -> Unable to operate many items in proper way, especially unable to operate long range or any weaponry in proper way, being cold constantly regardless of attire or location

Failed tests: Splints, morphine-injector, Painkillers, food (being healthy), being in a non-cold (but not directly warm) environment for a prolonged period of time, warm clothing, relogging next to campfire without hot status, heatpack

Required for latest possibly successful method: Campfire, patience (within 30 minutes or less), dry spot where rain does not reach if in wilderness and during rain

- Report -

There was constant raining on the test server. A spot next to a tree on the outskirts of a forest has been selected, a campfire was quickly made with sticks. Test subject and afflicted individual was of military origin with military grade equipment, CQF crew grade member. Condition has been observed for at least 24 hours prior to test. Subject took part in active combat with condition, neutralizing one bandit from close range with an assault rifle. Subject was unable to properly operate long range weapon, nor able to steadily use binoculars or likewise equipment. Equipment consisted of military grade clothing and other items such as berets and tops. It can therefore be noted that there were various clothing items present that could get wet without being worn directly. Whether this factors into the current problem and version is not entirely known.

After igniting the campfire (sticks), subject began to wring out any wet clothing present repeatedly until sufficiently dry. Despite relatively warm clothing it took quite a while next to the campfire to warm up slowly. Any "hot" status was never reached. Eventually, shaking ceased. Estimated test time: 15 to 30 minutes. Most of the time was spent next to the campfire without weapons in hand.

If and how fast the condition can reappear (and if it can be solved in this way or faster) remains to be seen. It is expected that being exposed to cold temperatures too long and / or being soaked in water - as can occur when drinking from water sources - may result in shaking that does not stop until being in warm environment for prolonged time.

Short simple version, WOOP WOOP:

Okay, basically, I got this crap after the patch I think, or maybe right before it? I cannot remember. I made a campfire, remained there for about 30 minutes (or a bit less) and continuously did the clothing wring stuff so that there was nothing wet remaining. Every "tick" next to the campfire I got a "I'm (slowly?) warming up" message. Not too slow, not too fast. After about 10 ticks or so (without getting more cold and wet again), perhaps 15 minutes or a bit more, the shaking was gone. Looking through a scope or binocs was okay. Unknown how fast it can reappear, probably being on cold servers too long in the wilderness or ... maybe a bit more likely ... drinking from ponds where you somehow end up soaked AND being on a more cold server.

Unless any of you can come up with a better or clear explanation or more easy fix (or prevention) I suggest you should watch your clothing dryness when around water or when drinking from ponds. A heatpack did not help much by the way, maybe because of it lower quality.

Edited by Combine

I have the same shit -.-.Dont no what to do,any help?

i will try to make a fire again and drop all my stuff even its not wet...i hope this fckn shaking goes away!!

Edited by Blazing87

Yeh go make a fire sit by it for like 30 minutes (I've noticed fires takes longer to warm you this patch) and the jittering should stop, worked for me.

You are not twitching? Just strong shaking? Than you are bugged.. Your character is cold and you need sit around a fire and relog can fix it, I had same problem fire didn't fix it but it did warm me up to hot and then I reloged and I was fine.

This is incorrect, as I have had this problem since 51 patch. It doesn't go away, any way you try to fix this problem.

52 I started to test new things, and it still doesn't go away with video fixes, and or mouse adjustments.

Ive spent hours on hours trying to fix this bug and I think its related to something in the game with possible my high end hardware.

i7 16gb, 780TI SC Evga, newest drivers. SSD X2, Asus Pro board etc....

Ive been able to slow down the swaying a tad, however the background video keeps jittering like your shaking cold.

I may try to go backwards on the video, and see if its in a setting that is causing it to go all weird like your freezing cold. It happens in the summer, persistence off or on, all prestine gear, and many other things correct. Laying down, Kneeling, and or standing up. Running, or Stopping for 30+ minutes doesn't fix the issue.

I almost was ready to say screw it on my private server, but holding in to see if the shooting part of the game actually is worth playing. Quite frankly it is very rough to play a game just for the simple fact of looting.

Does it on all guns, does it with every piece of equipment. I honestly think its in the settings with the video... I could be wrong.

Sneakydude.

This is incorrect,

Sneakydude.

Just because it didn't work for you doesn't make it incorrect. As I've said in another thread I had the exact same thing and sat by a fire fixed it.

I've noticed in 0.52 that fires are taking longer to warm you up. I sat by a fire for ages and didn't notice any change, I just ignored the fact I was wet and cold until the status changed to dark orange freezing, so I made another fire and sat there for a good 30 or 40 minutes and finally got to "hot" status.

yup a fire, hand warmers do not seem to do it, or not in the 5 minutes I tried. No cold indicator but got the constant shivers

Just because it didn't work for you doesn't make it incorrect. As I've said in another thread I had the exact same thing and sat by a fire fixed it.

I've noticed in 0.52 that fires are taking longer to warm you up. I sat by a fire for ages and didn't notice any change, I just ignored the fact I was wet and cold until the status changed to dark orange freezing, so I made another fire and sat there for a good 30 or 40 minutes and finally got to "hot" status.

I could be wrong, I said at the end of the paragraph if you cared to read this.

It is incorrect for many people, its a bug somewhere that's causing us grief to play.

same issue here.....been sitting by fire for 5mins...still shaking

5 mins isn't realy much. Even cooking takes longer.

can someone confirm that sitting by fire with pistol out is working?

EDIT: re-logging fixed my problem.....

Edited by anarky321

can someone confirm that sitting by fire with pistol out is working?

EDIT: re-logging fixed my problem.....

I've fixed it... yes it was a good bug.

I've carried this problem since 51, and it didn't fix.

What I did was this:

1. Put a fire in the firehouse, nothing in hand (important). Lay down, took ghille suit off.

2. kept eating and sat for like  30+ minutes and never went HOT once... Sounds like this might be an issue?

3. I ate a ton of things like pain killers, antibiotics, water tabs even took one of those....

4. finally put a heat pack on, and ran with it to the other towns.

5. aimed my gun and bio's and voilà it was not a problem anymore.

I've been playing like this since I started the game in 51 release. Cold, damp, drinking water bottles etc...

so yes it is a cold or infection problem that caused me to shake like I was cold in the death err dead of winter.

Hope this helps people figure out what I did here to stop it. And I was wrong it wasn't a glitch with the video or hardware.

Sneakydude

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

Edit2: Fixed again. I got jittery after being soaked for more than 15 minutes. Even though I did not display as "cold" my body temperature must have dropped. Anyways, in this latest patch it is MUCH HARDER to become dry once wet (twss) so the longer you are wet, the colder you get and the shivers start, even without the "cold" label. Sitting in front of two fires, very close, got me the "you are warming up" message. Since staying dry I have yet to get jitery again.

Edit: FIXED! Took me a whole day, but got it fixed. I sat by a fire in a enclosed room for about 10 mins, kept getting messages "You are slowly warming up" then just noticed shaking stopped. I was also downing a good dosage of antibiotics, pain killers and drank water and ate food. I think it's some sort of "cold" condition that is hard to shake because as I was sprinting around (fully geared) I did not get any "warming up" messages. Now I'm normal.

However, when I go sprinting across the map I don't get a "you are warming up rapidly" message. Nor do I get a warming message sitting next to a fire.

Anyone have advice?

My next idea is to drop gear, suicide, pick up gear.

Can sort of confirm this, had it happening on two characters as of now, like you as was getting close to go with the option of drop gear, suicide, pickup. I went into a barn made a fire and thougth I'd give it a real go for times you mentioned and behold, it worked. I did take the time, sadly I didn't check the shaking/timer until it was closing in on 15min mark. But one check at around 14 min and the shaking was drasticly reduced. Mostly just visible in the LRS, and slightly after 15min it was gone. I did pop splints, antibiotics, painkillers etc, but I'm fairly sure it only got to do with the fire. I'm gonna re-test this later tonight on another char that's also shaking, using only campfire. 

Worth noting also as stated earlier in the thread, the only message I got sitting at the fire was "I'm warming up", I wasn't cold, or had any other warnings going on, was  fully energized, hydrated and healthy all the time. 

• Like 1

Tonight I went on to deal with shaking character #2. Results are interesting: There is clearly at least two lvls of shaking, a mild shaking, where its still very possible to aim and get stuff done, but for, lets call it stage two, shaking really is quite severe. Using anything with scope is pretty much out of the question and hitting anything beyond 50-100m would be pure luck.

This character was clearly "stage two" shivering. Made a fire and started the timer, thought I'd try it outside this time, but in shelter from rain under a tree. Didn't use any other medications (such as antibiotics, painkillers, heatpacks etc), only 1 campfire. Firstly I took me a good while to get all the clothing dry, think they we're all dried out at 7-10min mark, but after that it was a wait, and a long one at that. At around 37-38min mark I got back down to "stage one" shivers, pretty much around there the campfire actually went out as well. Had to make a new one, and around 10min later, so roughly 50min mark my character finally stopped shaking. No visible shakes in the LRS scope at all, but if you look at your character in 1st person you can still see him shaking, perhaps that goes away after a relogg, have yet to test that out. 

So, first character took around 15 min, second character around 45-50min, wish I'd had a thermometer to check temperature progress but was unable to loot one up at the time, did search for quite a while with both chars but no luck. 

Difference between the two:  Character one in additon to the campfire used a heatpack (wich wore out before I got rid of the shivers), he also popped painkillers, antibiotics, splints and morphine and was sitting indoors in a barn. I'm guessing the current body "starting" temperature could have been different, as well as server temperature, it still is quite a differance. I'm guessing heatpack could have played a difference as well. So still no real hard facts on how to deal with it the best/fastest, no more then that its possible to deal with.

For other notes I'd be VERY VERY careful in .52 to not let my character reach "freezing" cause I think both of mine did here, simply cause its rather timeconsuming and a little pain in the ass to deal with. Not to mention you're also quite vulnerable in "stage two shivers" having a hard time shooting anything. And beeing wet seems to take a long time to deal with as well in its path on boosting you into freezing shaking stages. I always rocked the TTsKO jacket for the camo, but in this patch I think I'm switching to green raincoat/Gorka, or just camp out in a barn.... we'll see :lol:  

Edited by Bonesnap_SE

Did you try resetting your router?

This is incorrect, as I have had this problem since 51 patch. It doesn't go away, any way you try to fix this problem.

52 I started to test new things, and it still doesn't go away with video fixes, and or mouse adjustments.

Ive spent hours on hours trying to fix this bug and I think its related to something in the game with possible my high end hardware.

i7 16gb, 780TI SC Evga, newest drivers. SSD X2, Asus Pro board etc....

Ive been able to slow down the swaying a tad, however the background video keeps jittering like your shaking cold.

I may try to go backwards on the video, and see if its in a setting that is causing it to go all weird like your freezing cold. It happens in the summer, persistence off or on, all prestine gear, and many other things correct. Laying down, Kneeling, and or standing up. Running, or Stopping for 30+ minutes doesn't fix the issue.

I almost was ready to say screw it on my private server, but holding in to see if the shooting part of the game actually is worth playing. Quite frankly it is very rough to play a game just for the simple fact of looting.

Does it on all guns, does it with every piece of equipment. I honestly think its in the settings with the video... I could be wrong.

Sneakydude.

Your arm is broken or your bugged.

Your arm is broken or your bugged.

It was most likely cold, or freezing and wasn't coming out of it or displaying a message. I splinted up a few times to try it.

Heat packs and sit by the fire for 15-30 minutes should get rid of it.

If not put 4 fires down and that should work :)

• Like 1

I just cured my shakes that I have had all day by going to the right Med tent in NW tents and healing myself. Shakes gone instantly.

Good luck all.