Sign in to follow this  
Mr Sunshine Kid

Can't find vechicles?

So I've come back to DayZ after a few months. I've updated to latest stable 0.51 (I think).
I've heard there are vehicles now so found their supposed spawn points on the BD map, spend three hours on Tuesday running round at least 10 different locations and no sign, both quiet servers and busier ones.
Then, spend another 2 hours last night but I tried a different tactic, I found a supposed spawn location for a truck and (now I'm not very proud of this but I've never done it before) I server hopped, one server after the other, must have tried 30 servers easy. No vehicle at all was there?

Am I doing something wrong / completely missing something here?

So I've come back to DayZ after a few months. I've updated to latest stable 0.51 (I think).

I've heard there are vehicles now so found their supposed spawn points on the BD map, spend three hours on Tuesday running round at least 10 different locations and no sign, both quiet servers and busier ones.

Then, spend another 2 hours last night but I tried a different tactic, I found a supposed spawn location for a truck and (now I'm not very proud of this but I've never done it before) I server hopped, one server after the other, must have tried 30 servers easy. No vehicle at all was there?

There are only 3 trucks per server, and lots of other people doing the same thing as you. So they don't stay put at their spawn points for very long.

• Like 4

There are only 3 trucks per server, and lots of other people doing the same thing as you. So they don't stay put at their spawn points for very long.

Ahh same as the helis then...

I'm all for making something rare but jesus DAYZ, at least give someone a decent chance of finding and playing with the new thing in the game. I've still not found a heli!!. 

Ahh same as the helis then...

I'm all for making something rare but jesus DAYZ, at least give someone a decent chance of finding and playing with the new thing in the game. I've still not found a heli!!. 

Just wait until you decide to try and hunt down netting! :D

• Like 1

I've had good luck anywhere there are two white cattle barns

Simple truth about DayZ, when you look for it, you will not find it, when you are set on other tasks, you will. Found the V3S twice now, both at the industrial area on the edge of Vybor. Give it time, and when you least expect it, you'll find her.

On Experimental there certainly seems to be more trucks, I've yet to see one let alone drive one on Stable.

As Maia says, wait until you try searching for netting. Either people are hoarding all of it, or it's extremely rare (or perhaps both!). I've yet to see netting on any server - and yes I know where it spawns.

That must explains why these trucks are rare 

There is a short run of like 5 towns ya should go through , I think there are 21 spawn points , So thats a 1 in 7 chance if my math is correct :)   Just run , GORKA-NOVY-STARY-KABANINO-VYBOR-LOPATINO , It's not a far run.

Netting is not that hard either , I found 8 in about 1 hour of jumping , actually i found one and when i picked it up it said 4 , so not sure but i guess 1 netting can be a bundle of a few of them.