SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.52 "Holiday Special" Discussion

But its not so efficient, so you get less meat by using it.

Definitely. I haven't found an animal or player, so I couldn't test this. But it's a very usefull tool.

You can use for...

nruyokdb.jpg

(but you can't get firewood from trees with the stone knife)

...and...

f2oz2v3x.jpg

...suicide is also possible, same with sharpen a woodstick.

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 2

Can the improvised knife be attached to a stick using guts? Maybe that would result in some kind of improvised hoe or axe.

Jan Tomasik hinted that you can use the guts for some crafting.

Edited by Ultimoose

Can the improvised knife be attached to a stick using guts? Maybe that would result in some kind of improvised hoe or axe.

Jan Tomasik hinted that you can use the guts for some crafting.

Idk, but why would someone use guts for this instead for a rope?

Maybe guts can be used to in traps to catch animals like bears, wolfs, wild dogs or other meat eating animals when they get into the game?

Edited by skoms

Wait how do you get improvised knife?

Nevermind, I see, wish I could delete this.

Edited by Ebrim

Idk, but why would someone use guts for this instead for a rope?

Hermits don't go where the ropes grow.

• Like 4

Did anyone use a suppressor and confirm that they now function properly?

Yes. There are videos in the gallery. They don't help against zombie aggro though just players.

Edited by Maia

I haven't been on the forums for way too damn long! Tomorrow it's game time, come what may, I really want a snuggly Teddy Bear to defend me against the Zeds. And I want to see a Christmas Tree, this is just too hilarious!

Thanks so much Devs, what a great surprise!

See y'all in Chernarus tomorrow!

Edit: By the way why do my screenshots look like I took them with a potato? Steam seems to destroy the quality.

I had to scroll through this whole thread to see if anyone answered this for you solodude, seems not.

Steam's screenshot function automatically selects a compressed.jpeg version. You have to manually go in to steam/settings/in-game and tick the box that says 'save an uncompressed version'. You will then need to select the screenshot folder location just above, and select somewhere you want to save the newly uncompressed screenshots too.

Apologies in advance if you were already aware of this. Also for interest, Tatanko has an excellent well written guide to screen shots too, you may have missed.

Heads up, it is a long read. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/211594-tatankos-guide-to-screenshots/?hl=%2Bscreen+%2Bshot+%2Bguide

• Like 1

Improvised Knife - that is so nice :D

You have to search a small stone. Look a the ground (a street) and an option shows up - craft stone knife.

I love it! Homo erectus and Homo habilis would be proud.  :D

I think the catgut/string and improvised knife are two of my favorite item/crafting additions to this build. The more I can use nature to survive, the better.  :thumbsup:

Edited by solodude23

Changes to the caves up north are doubleplusungood.  No more cave and a useless ore processing building. Dammit you guys!  I liked making fire in a cave and roasting meat.  Thanks Obama and Castro, you turds.  Now I am going to get Pizza and try to get over it.

I love it! Homo erectus and Homo habilis would be proud.  :D

I think the catgut/string and improvised knife are two of my favorite item/crafting additions to this build. The more I can use nature to survive, the better.  :thumbsup:

Made all the worse by loss of the caves up north.  SSSSSSOOOOO PISSED

Actually, the little incremental updates on Experimental don't usually get a wipe, and by that I mean smaller ones that come multiple times in a week. It's the slightly larger ones that come out weekly during the maintenance that seem to be accompanied by a branch wipe.

Sorry man, figured it was coming just because we all had so much cool stuff.

I need to add, I am totally digging on the bomber jacket and the variety of colors offered.  Does not make up for the caves though, not by a long shot, but it is a start.

Edited by Barnabus

Anyone else a regular compass user?  I got myself turned around several times this evening in a 3 hour session and swear the compass bearing was incorrect.  I finally headed to the beach to run West on a predictable vector.

Anyone see full servers with the last person that joined was over four hours ago or more? Are they really hogging the spots or is something wrong with the server?

JwVhUXv.jpg

Is anyone finding any Makarovs? I found a clip and 3 boxes of ammo. By contrast, I have an MP-133 now, but I can't find shells for the life of me...

Is anyone finding any Makarovs? I found a clip and 3 boxes of ammo. By contrast, I have an MP-133 now, but I can't find shells for the life of me...

Yes, I have found several in the GAZ jeeps

• Like 2

Anyone else a regular compass user?  I got myself turned around several times this evening in a 3 hour session and swear the compass bearing was incorrect.  I finally headed to the beach to run West on a predictable vector.

Compasses sometimes don't work, I had two and they showed different directions. This is also a problem in the current stable, though.

Hermits don't go where the ropes grow.

Yeah, they do. Ropes do not naturally grow in Homedepot.

There are many natural materials you can make rope out of in the wilderness. I guess crafting ropes will be added to the game in the future..

Compasses sometimes don't work, I had two and they showed different directions. This is also a problem in the current stable, though.

luckily we don't need one. Using time and sun or the stars to find the direction is also possible.

some servers seem to be broken again like we had it a few releases earlier ... you just get WAITING FOR HOST forever and 0 players online

EDIT :  MOST servers are broken, at least in europe, only 4 servers left

EDIT 2 : OK someone is restarting them i think, they're all down atm

Edited by SpawnZ

Is it just me or have all Exp servers just gone offline ?

some servers seem to be broken again like we had it a few releases earlier ... you just get WAITING FOR HOST forever and 0 players online

EDIT :  MOST servers are broken, at least in europe, only 4 servers left

Yeah, something is wrong. I joined a US server just to play, but right now i got the "session lost" error and all servers seems to be offline.